Forums59
Topics1,037,820
Posts13,935,093
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13769748 11/14/20 02:02 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
He knows

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13769825 11/14/20 03:10 AM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I bet someone catches them they always do.

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13770189 11/14/20 02:55 PM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Ironically I was there one week ago today and had seven fish.. the best probably would have went about 13 lb.

Did you just say you had a 13 pounder on Lew? The record is like 13.63.

Bass Cat Puma w/ Mercury ProXS 250
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13770215 11/14/20 03:24 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Was probably a catfish.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: BTwrestle04] #13770225 11/14/20 03:34 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by BTwrestle04

Ironically I was there one week ago today and had seven fish.. the best probably would have went about 13 lb.

He was talking about his best 5.

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: emorydog] #13770231 11/14/20 03:46 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by emorydog
The actual PROs will likely be there just a few days early...feel free to go enjoy the outdoors and get bit while there is a bite on.

The wanna be “pros” however will be there for 10+ days prior to the event pounding fish every day, all over the lake, getting good average weights per outing and logging their strong patterns and results every day until the tournament.

Then... they will go and double-check their spots a few times just prior to the start of the event to make sure their fish are still around, further wearing their fish out, as well as likely alerting others as to an area they might “investigate” which they will, because, well you know... its an open.

Then...once the actual event commences, they will each on average weigh in 7lbs a day and miss the cut by 8 lbs and wonder why.

Is everyone a wanna-be until they actually are? Is that the same for Minor league players of other sports? I don’t equate the Opens with wanna-be’s. Wanna-be’s are the guys fishing BassChamps, TTT, Media, and those types of trails with wrapped boats and jerseys with product badges from a company that gave them a discount code. They practice 10 days a month for a 1 day derby then thank their “sponsors” if they happen to get a check. Then have to explain to their kids why they can’t take PTO to take the family on vacation. Lol

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: TxBazzn] #13770295 11/14/20 04:48 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
The actual PROs will likely be there just a few days early...feel free to go enjoy the outdoors and get bit while there is a bite on.

The wanna be “pros” however will be there for 10+ days prior to the event pounding fish every day, all over the lake, getting good average weights per outing and logging their strong patterns and results every day until the tournament.

Then... they will go and double-check their spots a few times just prior to the start of the event to make sure their fish are still around, further wearing their fish out, as well as likely alerting others as to an area they might “investigate” which they will, because, well you know... its an open.

Then...once the actual event commences, they will each on average weigh in 7lbs a day and miss the cut by 8 lbs and wonder why.

Is everyone a wanna-be until they actually are? Is that the same for Minor league players of other sports? I don’t equate the Opens with wanna-be’s. Wanna-be’s are the guys fishing BassChamps, TTT, Media, and those types of trails with wrapped boats and jerseys with product badges from a company that gave them a discount code. They practice 10 days a month for a 1 day derby then thank their “sponsors” if they happen to get a check. Then have to explain to their kids why they can’t take PTO to take the family on vacation. Lol

A bit harsh maybe.. hmmm

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: TxBazzn] #13770300 11/14/20 04:52 PM
txsuperman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

[i][/i]

Now that's funny..........."discount code".

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13770575 11/14/20 10:15 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

First, let me say, when you sober up I hope you realize many of those mentioned above are all the same guys that fish the coveted Opens, same boat wraps, same jerseys, and same discount codes. All of them thanking sponsors while on a stage in a different state to people that are rarely the target of their regional advertising.

Second, here is a scenario for you....

Let’s make up a name....say... uh...something like....Gruuber, with two U’s, to ensure it’s absolutely completely fictitious and doesn’t represent anyone real even if it seems it might.

You see Gruuber never fished much because he loved to bird watch, but would occasionally bank fish for brim and perch. That was of course until he saw a couple U-tube bass fishing shows and became so interested in the thought of fishing competition he bought a used Tidecraft Firehawk.( no they weren’t all in the junkyard as hard as that is to believe) Thinking it was just a fun fishing series he signed up for the opens as a “pro”, as of course ANYONE can if you can PAY the entries, just like Bass Champs and Media and TTT. I mean there is no prerequisite to get in, you just call and then Pay your entry fee, just like the others.

Well as the season rolled on Gruuber fished the 4 tournaments all on river systems that year and with the droughts and severe temps that year wouldn’t you know it, he was able to finish in the top 10 in all 4 tourneys. While you might say there is no way this could happened, he absolutely did it. His success was all based on fishing mepps aglia #3, jitterbugs and white split-tail grubs all on 3lb test and of course no electronics to alert the fish of his presence, thus always ensuring a limit at every tournament.

That year he never won, but was actually crowned AOY of the Central opens and was invited to fish the Elites. Which of course he did beacause he had the money to PAY the entry fee and it was so easy to get in. Now Gruuber is considered one of the top fishermen in the WORLD, and all because he fished 4 tournaments one year, and had amazing luck (although he would likely call it skill, I assure you it was luck).

You see, this whole scenario came about because there is no multi year AOY averages to determine the “best” in the minors (opens) to move up to the “Pro” division (elites) ( even though they also have to pay entry fees just like Media and TTT and RHBC, for the privilege of fishing). That one single year Gruuber was able to beat enough guys to get an invite to fish the elites. That one single year with no previous tourney experience he qualified to be considered the best in the World. It would be different if they would take the last 3 yr AOY average and thus giving you a firmer picture of who SHOULD qualify, but that’s the standard and he qualified. Honestly let’s be real, many are fishing the Opens solely to get a chance of a Classic berth more than chasing the elites.

And now... the rest of the Story....of course Gruuber was a total flop in the elites finishing dead last in the first 3 events breaking off on his 3lb line every single fish he set the hook on at Toledo, Falcon and St. John’s and eventually dropped out. He can be seen every once in a while along the shores of Lavon with his binoculars in search of ruby crowned kinglets.

You see, he had no real skills but the luck of 4 tournaments that one year and no other. Does it make you a PRO by fishing in the Opens, Negative Ghostrider. But you can qualify to be one if you finish one year high enough in the points and have the money to pay the entries. But then again, one would have to have the money to pay the entries to fish BassChamps too, now I’m totally confused. What makes someone a Pro again...

weber
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: senko9S] #13770616 11/14/20 10:56 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Saw Scott Martin out there today. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but I think he was gonna double check his prime spots all week. Guess he is not a real pro.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: emorydog] #13770618 11/14/20 11:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

First, let me say, when you sober up I hope you realize many of those mentioned above are all the same guys that fish the coveted Opens, same boat wraps, same jerseys, and same discounts. All of them thanking sponsors while on a stage in a different state to people that are rarely the target of their regional advertising.

Second, here is a scenario for you....

Let’s make up a name....say... uh...something like....Gruuber, with two U’s, to ensure it’s absolutely completely fictitious and doesn’t represent anyone real even if it seems it might.

You see Gruuber never fished much because he loved to bird watch, but would occasionally bank fish for brim and perch. That was of course until he saw a couple U-tube bass fishing shows and became so interested in the thought of fishing competition he bought a used Tidecraft Firehawk.( no they weren’t all in the junkyard as hard as that is to believe) Thinking it was just a fun fishing series he signed up for the opens as a “pro”, as of course ANYONE can if you can PAY the entries, just like Bass Champs and Media and TTT. I mean there is no prerequisite to get in, you just call and then Pay your entry fee, just like the others.

Well as the season rolled on Gruuber fished the 4 tournaments all on river systems that year and with the droughts and severe temps that year wouldn’t you know it, he was able to finish in the top 10 in all 4 tourneys. While you might say there is no way this could happened, he absolutely did it. His success was all based on fishing mepps aglia #3, jitterbugs and white split-tail grubs all on 3lb test and of course no electronics to alert the fish of his presence, thus always ensuring a limit at every tournament.

That year he never won, but was actually crowned AOY of the Central opens and was invited to fish the Elites. Which of course he did beacause he had the money to PAY the entry fee and it was so easy to get in. Now Gruuber is considered one of the top fishermen in the WORLD, and all because he fished one year, and had amazing luck (although he would likely call it skill, I assure you it was luck).

You see, this whole scenario came about because there is no multi year AOY averages to determine the “best” in the minors (opens) to move up to the “Pro” division (elites) ( even though they also have to pay entry fees just like Media and TTT and RHBC, for the privilege of fishing that particular trail). That one year Gruuber was able to beat enough guys to get an invite to fish the elites. That one single year with no previous tourney experience he qualified to be considered the best in the World. It would be different if they would take the last 3 yr AOY average and thus giving you a firmer picture of who SHOULD qualify, but that’s the standard and he qualified. Honestly let’s be real, many are fishing the Opens solely to get a chance of a Classic berth more than chasing the elites.

And now... the rest of the Story....of course Gruuber was a total flop in the elites finishing last in the first 3 events breaking off every single fish he set the hook on at Toledo, Falcon and St. John’s and eventually dropped out. He can be seen every once in a while along the shores of Lavon with his binoculars in search of ruby crowned kinglets.

You see, he had no real skills but the luck of that one year and no other. Does it make you a PRO by fishing in the Opens, Negative Ghostrider. But you can qualify to be one if you finish one year high enough in the points and have the money to pay the entries. But then again, one would have to have the money to pay the entries to fish BassChamps too, now I’m totally confused. What makes someone a Pro again...

A professional, by definition, is basically a person that is paid for his/her craft. There are many skill levels categorized as professional.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: TxBazzn] #13771549 11/15/20 06:33 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by BTwrestle04

He was talking about his best 5.

Correct. LOL no man, no 13lb fish on the Lew for this guy.

Biggest single fish I caught on the Lew was 7.9 and that was this spring. Caught one very close to that about this time last year in the same area as the spring fish. Like the two fish were caught 15 years apart... that did not really occur to me until now.

I gotta go back to that spot! ha.

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13771641 11/15/20 08:44 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
Pulling for a few folks on there...James Biggs being one of them.

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13771653 11/15/20 08:58 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I practiced yesterday for it on the coangler side and zeroed.

Re: Bassmaster Open at Lewisville [Re: Brent S] #13771658 11/15/20 09:07 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Brent S
I practiced yesterday for it on the coangler side and zeroed.

How did you not lose your lunch? Freaking yesterday was too windy for bank fishing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide