Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,835
Posts13,935,321
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. #13757436 11/05/20 04:38 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Contacted Hummingbird Factory Outlet. Told the lady on the phone I want a #411320-1 which sells for $2999.99 plus Texas state tax. Told her it’s a 15 inch Helix Chirp Mega SI + GPS G4N. I new exactly what I wanted. She said okay. She placed the order for me and said she sent me the invoice to my email. Didn’t find the email reconnected to her and she said she had sent it. It came through while I was speaking with her. ( She had not sent it / she didn’t won’t me to see it ) I stated this is not what I ordered it shows to be a 411320-1 CHO. For those that may not know CHO stands for control head only NO Transducer included. I said why did you order a CHO after I told you exactly what i wanted and she said because we have that one in stock and the other one is on back order. Well I have owned several businesses and can tell you that she is on commission. She was willing to send me the wrong unit so she could collect her commission NOW when the order was finalized. Be careful when dealing with Hummingbird during the back order period are this will happen to you. I do realize how the commission sale people work. If they sell you a unit on back order they are not paid until it is ships. I got scammed by a sales person not Hummingbird. This would have cost Hummingbird reshipping and you know they don’t won’t that.

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757438 11/05/20 04:43 AM
M
Mike2718 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted by jafish
Contacted Hummingbird Factory Outlet. Told the lady on the phone I want a #411320-1 which sells for $2999.99 plus Texas state tax. Told her it’s a 15 inch Helix Chirp Mega SI + GPS G4N. I new exactly what I wanted. She said okay. She placed the order for me and said she sent me the invoice to my email. Didn’t find the email reconnected to her and she said she had sent it. It came through while I was speaking with her. ( She had not sent it / she didn’t won’t me to see it ) I stated this is not what I ordered it shows to be a 411320-1 CHO. For those that may not know CHO stands for control head only NO Transducer included. I said why did you order a CHO after I told you exactly what i wanted and she said because we have that one in stock and the other one is on back order. Well I have owned several businesses and can tell you that she is on commission. She was willing to send me the wrong unit so she could collect her commission NOW when the order was finalized. Be careful when dealing with Hummingbird during the back order period are this will happen to you. I do realize how the commission sale people work. If they sell you a unit on back order they are not paid until it is ships. I got scammed by a sales person not Hummingbird. This would have cost Hummingbird reshipping and you know they don’t won’t that.

I just wanted to let you know that the "Humminbird Factory Outlet" is NOT part of the actual Humminbird company. They are a company that just uses "Humminbird" in their name. They also use "Lowrance" in their name too as part of the "Lowrance Factory Outlet". Most people do not realize that and just assume it is part of the actual company.

Last edited by Mike2718; 11/05/20 04:46 AM.

Have a Blessed Day,
Mike
Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: Mike2718] #13757500 11/05/20 11:18 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mike2718
Originally Posted by jafish

I just wanted to let you know that the "Humminbird Factory Outlet" is NOT part of the actual Humminbird company. They are a company that just uses "Humminbird" in their name. They also use "Lowrance" in their name too as part of the "Lowrance Factory Outlet". Most people do not realize that and just assume it is part of the actual company.

And Minn Kota Factory Outlet, MotorGuide Factory Outlet, Garmin.....................ect. ect

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757515 11/05/20 11:33 AM
A
andy52887 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
I didn’t know anyone still called and ordered products. I would much rather click on something then have to tell someone what it is and my cc number.

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757587 11/05/20 01:10 PM
T
TomRom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Yep, they got their basis covered. They have a "Factory Outlet Store" setup for every brand. Bait and switch is what they do if they can get away with it. Read other complaints about them charging your credit card and then you find out "its on backorder". The only way I would buy from them is if they listed the item as in stock and I called and verified it with them. I have found you can usually get as good of price and sometimes better by shopping a big box store like bass pro. Also go on Bass Boat Central and check with any of their board sponsors. The owner of the Bass Boat Central forum vets all of the businesses listed on the site.

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757725 11/05/20 02:56 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Dispute the charges now and refuse the shipment

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757774 11/05/20 03:30 PM
J
JD59 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
They did me about the same way! I needed a splitter cable for Mega 360 and DI transducer to a Helix G3N. When it came in it was a splitter cable for a Solix unit. So I sent it back after calling them and then they sent me back one for a Non Mega 360. I called and had them refund my money and sent it back! I re ordered off a board sponsor and received the right one later that week. I had a Mega 360 for a month that I couldn't use because of them. I won't be ordering anything soon from them again! They are a bad representative for any company!! Thanks

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757835 11/05/20 04:15 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
That is not humminbird.

Why you would tell anyone on the phone all that info when you could just tell them the exact part number is beyond me... or of course the obvious order it online.

Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13757872 11/05/20 04:39 PM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
That is not humminbird.

Why you would tell anyone on the phone all that info when you could just tell them the exact part number is beyond me... or of course the obvious order it online.

I did tell them the exact part number. Half of the response on here is an attack on me personally. I’m trying to help people avoid the same problems that I had. Do you understand HELP PEOPLE. Go back in you moms basement and stop attacking people that are trying to help members. If I’m able to help one person it will be worth the flack from people like yourself. I bought a 12 from them with no problem but I’m having problems buying a 15 because of this one sales person. I took the time to let the members on TFF know they could have a problem so they need to be aware. Trying to help members then I run into you.

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Re: Beware of ordering from the sales staff at Hummingbird. [Re: jafish] #13757880 11/05/20 04:44 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Next time please get your information correct. Your issue is not related to the "staff at Hummingbird." You are having problems with an online store that sells Hummingbirds.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide