Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Crappie Expo 2020 #13754065 11/02/20 11:29 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Crappie Expo 2020 in Branson Missouri was one great place to challenge all aspects of an an anglers skills. This fishery has good fishing and various ways to approach them. Docks, brush, timber, rocks and open water fish could be caught but it wasn’t easy by any means!

Pre fishing conditions and even day one of tournament tested an anglers mind and body! I personally felt like I was the one in that cold wet livewell. This in my opinion gave the ultimate test for the anglers to pass!

Day one we fished through side ways rain and freezing cold conditions. We’d hoped it’d clear up a little but it surely didn’t. It was the worst day of them all. Brandon and I gave it our all but couldn’t get the bites we needed. We were setting in 40th after day one.

After looking at the leader board we saw a path and adjusted our goal to work for a top 25 to make the cut for Championship Saturday. We knew our fish were there and weren’t taking no for an answer day two. We were confident the sun would help our bite on the pattern we were fishing and made them say yes and eat!

The sun surely shined on us and even though still tough we got the bites. Day two we gained 15 spots to jump from 40th to 25th to make the cut for Championship Saturday.

Day three the goal was to keep moving up. Realistically this fishery wasn’t producing big stringers so there was no path to accomplishing a win. Our goal was to fish hard and move up more to increase that check. That we did after fishing hard Championship Saturday. We moved up 7 more spots to place 18th out of 100 plus of the best crappie anglers in the world! We can certainly live with that!

We fished timber off ledges early casting to tops and pulling nice black crappie off in the top six feet of the trees. As the sun got higher we moved out just a little off the ledges still casting but targeted deeper crappie. Later in the day we vertical jigged deep. Big fish day three came off a stump 38’ down.

I was asked by a fan day two if we really caught fish on Table Rock with BoneHead baits? You bet we did! That finesse minnow we have is a killer during a tough bite when bit down shorter! Blue ice would get stomped when other baits wouldn’t. Brandon Miles also caught plenty with the stump bug.

Speaking of my partner Brandon. The guy is a stick. In some if not most instances one bait is all that’s needed under certain patterns. Having boat control is a huge key in performance. Having one keep the target touchable for a partner to stick them is key. Many times my rod was on the deck. I’d find and target those fish. Bet the bank Brandon presented a bait to them! Team work makes the dream work!

Thanks to all that make this dream work for us. Our families are our rocks! Our fans are our motivation. Our sponsors are outstanding companies we strive to make more successful because they back us 💯%!

Thanks for putting on the biggest crappie tournament in history Wally Marshall. This was another spectacular event. We are proud to be in the top 25 again this year to earn another invite to the Crappie Expo 2021 on the Red River in Shreveport Louisiana!

To all the anglers that fished this event, you all are spectacular representatives for the sport we all love! I’m proud to get to know you all better while participating in these events!

Huge shout out to BoneHead Pro Staff Team members Weylin Shanks and Matt Wareham on their 3rd place finish! Great job fellas!

Congrats to Paul O’Bier and Jerry Hancock on the win for Texas!

#BoneHeadTackle #NauticalMileMarine #EngelCoolers #Columbia #CrappieExpo2020 [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Crappie Expo 2020 [Re: Tommy Ezell] #13754378 11/03/20 03:00 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
WTG guys clap

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Crappie Expo 2020 [Re: Tommy Ezell] #13754459 11/03/20 05:34 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Solid post and nicely done. Congratulations on a great finish. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Crappie Expo 2020 [Re: Tommy Ezell] #13754833 11/03/20 02:37 PM
F
Fish a holic Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Good job fellas! Great post...

Re: Crappie Expo 2020 [Re: Tommy Ezell] #13754899 11/03/20 03:01 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Brandon is a stick! Proud of you guys! Ya'll made great adjustments the last 2 days! We did not!!!

I'm already fired up about next year! Gonna be some big bags weighted in for sure!!

Slew thumb

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide