texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,021
TexDawg 119,788
Bigbob_FTW 95,327
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,488
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,911
Posts13,955,195
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13644982 07/26/20 03:13 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Early Greetings!!!

Due to be gone to the lake next weekend, I decided to post the August calendar early. We (myself, Eric (son-in-law), Kristina (daughter), Willan (grandson), and Chelsea (granddaughter) will be up at Running Branch Marina on Lake Limestone for Saturday & Sunday. You see, I got a deal on one of my accounts a month or so ago. I was able to get five Intex SeaHawk2 vinyl 2 person inflatable rafts. Not only did they come with 2 paddles each & a pump, but also have two rod holders built in on the rim, with two pop-ins. I also have a spare BestWay Hydro-Force TreckX2 2 person inflatable raft as a spare (for supplies, such as baits & ice chest to put fish in). It does not have rod holders, but came with 2 inflatable seat cushions & 2 paddles, as well as a foot pump. The TreckX2 seems to be just a tad longer & wider. Both models have 3 air compartments- outer main rim, inner rim, and bottom. But it seems the TreckX2 is a tad longer & wider. And I like their inner rim, as it holds much more air. But I like the rod holders on the SeaHawk2, plus its paddles seem sturdier than the ones with the TreckX2.

I'll probably put a little foam from pipe wrap foam sticks inside the SeaHawk 2 paddles. However, I may either stick wooden poles or small PVC schedule 40 pipe inside in the the paddles from the TreckX2 to make them sturdier (stiffer). If I use the smaller PVC pipe, I will put some silicone in both ends. The foam & the sealed pipe will assure that your paddles will definitely float.

For anchoring your raft to shore, I got small red plastic pails with wire handles. They have a smoother bottom than the ridge from a bucket (example- 5 gallon bucket). That ridge could cut a hole in your raft. You take a tent stake (the kind that uses the big nail) and tie about 6 or 8 fett of 3/16 to 1/4" braided nylon rope to the stake. The other end you will tie to the raft (on the center grab pull handle). To protect the raft from the tent stake, I cut a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe, I forget, but possibly around 9 to 10 1/2" worth. Plus I PVC glued a female cap on one end. And I cut a little strip of foam (from foam pipe wrap sticks & stuffed it in the pipe, but putting a little silicone on the end, in order for it to become glued to the cap end. When you head out, you stuff the tent stake nail into the foam to hold it snug. Put the tent stake into the red bucket, head first, so that the cap end of the pipe will be up lapping over the bucket. Then throw the rope into your bucket to hold the tent stake better. This helps prevent any cuts or punctures in your inflable raft. And the tent stakes are fairly easy to stab into the ground when tying your raft up to shore, eve if the ground is fairly dry.

I already distributed LifeJackets at the end of March. Hopefully everybody will be wearing them. I know I will wear mine. While I mainly want to go just to get back on the water, have a little fun, as well as exercise, I'll even R-n-R this round. Speaking of exercise, did you know what type became the new fad, or in other words, the best all around for you. Yes in the last year, the push has been to rowing because of its multiple point exercising. I had come up with the idea of getting a raft for exercise shortly before this came out. Meanwhile I may even take a jugline or two. Well, you know how I am, a setliner for life. We plan to use various baits, such as soap, sour gummy worms, chicken liver, beef liver, maybe some shrimp, possibly night crawlers, and some chicken breast nuggets soaked in Dead Red spray.

In case you did not know, Dave has followed the Catfish Calendar for quite a few years & I've given him a few tips on how to maximize his catches with knowing how to work the calendar. He uses chicken breasts with Dead Red. And he has posted some pics of his haul. One time, they had to build a ramp to get the ice chest out of the back of his truck. Him & his fishing buddy could not lift it. I found out that it is much better to stick with 48 quart to 52 quart ice chests. If I can't lift it myself, two can at least lift it. I have the rectangular Igloos (smaller version of the marine white coolers). They stack flat, and I can fit them in the back seat of a car, if the need arrives. Plus you can carry plenty of other food, such as T-Day fixins (Turkey Day aka Thanksgiving). I used to have a 72 quart, but if filled too full, you had to have help to lift it. So I stick to the 48/52 & 20 quart coolers now. That reminds me of what Dannion was asked once (he is a 3 time NDEer aka Near Death Experiencer). People asked him if he got more religious or spiritual. He explains that he now stays off the phone when lightning is present (lightning rang him up while on the phone- he was legally dead for 28 minutes & has the Death Certificate to prove it) and wears shoes with PVC soles & heals (the leather soles & heels with nails were welded to the floor, as it blew him out of his shoes). He said it made him smarter (in other words common sense was now recognized). But he did get more spiritual.

For T-Day though, sometimes you have a bigger item which won't fit. In that case, I suggest a "Cube" style, especially with wheels, if you can tilt it s content without spilling anything. And always, be sure you get ice chests with a drain plug. If there is a model you like, but no drain, then buy the drain & install it yourself.

When I soak my catfish out for a few days, I drain out the old water & replace, to knock out the undesirable stuff which can ruin your fish fry. But remembering to keep it iced down or ice jugs.

Anyways, Eric wants to get started early on Saturday afternoon, so we can get some fishin' in. So I'm already getting things lined up. Oh, I even got an Intex Mega Chill inflatable cooler (not the much bigger one), to have some water & such handy while we are out on the water.

Hmm, now all they need to do, is add an umbrella set up to these rafts, in addition to the rod holders. I might add, and where are the cupholders?

Be advised, just in case you missed my bloopers back in January/February ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This year's URL can be saved for fast access if you are on the go & do not have time to comb down the scrolls (pages of the Catfishing threads) if not on page 1...

2020 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13397571/1>

--->>>I have corrected it in February's posting, as a blank space appeared at the end of the URL (web-dress). For some reason, there was no EDIT button on the January post, obviously there is some time limit on editing a post.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- AUGUST 2020
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT
2 YC | 3 YC | 4 YC | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP
9 BC | 10 BC | 11 BC | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 YC | 15 YC
16 BFT | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP
23 BFT | 24 BFT | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 BFT
30 YC | 31 YC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2020 Moon Phases---
3rd- Full Moon
11th- Last Qtr
18th- New Moon
25th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Wed/Thurs
14/15/16 Fri/Sat/Sun
23/24 Sun/Mon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 2/3/4/5/6 Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs
3rd Week- 14/15 Fri/Sat
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE
6th Week- 30/31 Sun/Mon

I'm thinking just maybe, you might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (August 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 9/10/11 Sun/Mon/Tues
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 27/28 Thurs/Fri
6th Week- None

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

****I do this section below for you, just in case I can't find time on the keyboard just before or at the first few days. It gives you the preview into the following month, so you are not left out in the cold, as to YC & BC days, as well as PYC days.

--->>> "Prelim"
Looking ahead into September, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
1/2 Tues/Wed

And the earliest YC days in September (according to the Calendar)---
1/2 Tues/Wed

And the earliest BC days in September (according to the Calendar)---
3/4/5/6/7 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon ***That's a 5 day run!!!

Here is the 2020 KEY once again ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2020 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stay Hydrated & out of the heat as much as you can!!!
Stay Afloat (Wear that Life Jacket)!!!
Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13688542 09/02/20 03:58 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] September 2020:

A New Tip will be added to the KEY for the 2021 Calendar. See further into this September post. Speaking of 2021, I have all of my "fixins" gathered to be able to start mapping out the 2021 Calendar. I will be starting to compile it early, so I can hopefully put another printed edition together. So, if'n you want to be in the printed edition, send me a PM or email me at <HLYNNH@peoplepc.com>. I've already got a few of you in mind & will touch base with you around the bend.

And ... if nothing crazy happens, I will be trying to compile that long awaited Catfish Calendar & YellowCat Tails (Tales) Info Book & get it together before the end of the year. Yes, not only information concerning the Calendar, but explanations of the tips, what has been found since Phase 2 Lake Research was implemented. And finally, I compile all of the YellowCat info together to assist those wanting to get as much knowledge together, mine & others.

Usually, the calendar thread may be found usually somewhere on pages 1 thru 4 of the Catfish section here on the TFF. But you can always save the URL for the current year, to be able to go straight to it. See the January thread of each year for that.

As to our recent Raft Trip to the lake (Lake Limestone at Running Branch Marina & Campground) ... First off it was hot, that is for sure. We hit the road about 10:45 to 11 AM & made a stop in Marque. My daughter Kristina, was not feeling good, so she sat out going out in her raft. We each had an Intex SeaHawk2 2 person raft, that came with a belongings bag/pouch, rope to run around the raft, two paddles, and R-n-R insert pipes for the Rod-n-Reel holders. Plus I had made up slender PVC tubes with caps glued on each end. These were inserted in each end of the two joined poles of the paddles. This basically was to make sure the paddles would float so you could retrieve them. I also set us each up with a small red vinyl bucket (pail), about 6 feet of 1/4" Nylon rope attached to a nail type tent stake for staking out the raft if not pulling it in (or ashore). However, realizing that the sharp end of tent stake might pierce the vinyl raft, I made another short tube, filled with a portion (section) of 1/2" foam pipe wrap (but had to trim some of that off). You would stab your tent stake into the PVC tube with a glued on cap. The foam would keep it from coming out. And you would have the access rope in the small pail & once the stake was securely in the PVC tube, you place the head of the stake which was the tied rope end, into the bucket, thereby exposing the rounded, non-sharp cap of the safety tube.

I also had an Intex small ice chest ring & cup holder slots, along with a backup raft- BestWay TreckX2 (2 person) Raft. I must say, that it was larger than the SeaHawk2 & seemed sturdier, maybe a foot longer & wider. But it did not have the 2 R-n-R holders though. It also had two paddles. But the paddles seemed flimsier. So I ran a smaller joint of PVC & capped the ends. This way it served as flotation safety, as well as strengthening the pole section of the paddle. It came with an outer rope as well. I must say, I like their secondary section (air chamber), much larger.

What did we find out? Well for us bigger (taller mainly) folks, it is not very easy to twist and such. And you know it, after I got in, trying to get situated & balanced, I flipped out of mine in about 2.5 to 3.5 feet of very warm water. I should have climbed up on the bank & squeezed a little water out of my clothes. My son-in-law Eric leaps backwards into his & did not turn his over. But come to find out, he was used to vinyl rafts in his teenage years. My granddaughter Chelsea got in fairly well. As we got about 1/3rd or less of the way out, it seemed she had already mastered rowing & was having a blast. However, my grandson Willan, well shall we say, he had some really strong words about the pain of the awkward position he had gotten into. However, he got back out & got situated better. But rowing was not his forte, just as I had problems. I think it amounted to Willan & I being taller. My knees either kept hitting the oars, or the oars kept hitting my knees. So finally, I just sat up squatting facing forward. Chelsea & I went out about a mile or more. I had about 6 juglines with 4 hooks each to set out first. Chelsea had already decided not to fish, just have fun in the raft.

Willan & Eric did not go out as far as us two, and they tried R-n-R fishing. It seems the 2 R-n-R rod holders are too flimsy for long rods. The molded portion tends to bend over with the extended weight, even with the plastic pipe section that goes into that to stiffen it up. Same goes for a fair handled dipnet. I did find out that setting jugs out, with weights, plus baiting them, is a super chore in a very flexible raft. I set the jugs just out of "The Giant"'s reach or path. I defnitely did not want to tango with him from this raft. By the time I had the 6 jugs, I could tell we needed to head on back, to get back to our "next to the water" cabin before dark.So I did not have a chance to R-n-R some. I took a small LED light just in case needed. You should always go prepared. As we came back, it was clear that Eric & Willan had already headed back. We made it back to camp at RB just before it got really dark. I had baited 3 jugs with wieners soaked in Dead Red, and the other 3 jugs with chicken breasts soaked in Dead Red. Sort of a contest thing, don'tcha know.

Kristina had started up the grill. Eric took over or assisted after getting back. We had a feast on our picnic table, huge grill baked potatoes, boneless pork chops, and boneless chicken breasts, plus a few other items. I won't even get into my fiasco with the shower just before midnight, as I needed one since I had fallen in. Another story, another time. Eric was the first to head out just after 6:30 AM. Chelsea & I followed within 15 minutes. Willan had decided no way for today. I think his back was still hurting from the previous bout. We passed Eric & he came from behind to get out further. AS we got near the jugs, I told Chelsea that 2 jugs had fish on them. One had about a 1.5 to 2# Blue (a keeper), and another jug had a dink, an undersize Channel which got tossed back. Almost forgot. I was in the TreckX2 as I pulled my SeaHawk2 in Saturday night, I raked a nail on a dike plank twice & got two punctures which I still need to repair. Willan first found it before we headed out Saturday evening. Kristina managed to pull up the others without hitting it. But it seems I did, not once, but twice. Thank Goodness I was in the TreckX2, as it had more space. I had an ice chest for the fish & the the tub to put the lines & weights back into, along with me, a dipnet & a few tools. Oh yeah, guess who flipped their boat as we headed out Sunday? Nope, not me, but Chelsea. But she got up on the bank to drain a little off before getting back in, so she stayed drier than I had.

Needless to say, as for this short trip, we had a little fun, got back on the water, and realized we might just leave the rafts more to the fun, but not all out fishing. Be it Rod-n-Reeing or set lines. The rafts just flex way too much. Just give me a good flat bottom & I am happy. So next fish outing, it will be the 12 (AlumaCraft) or 14 footer (MonArk). Even my sister Jo's 12 foot Porta-Bote was sturdier. However, as you recall, Turkey Day 2011, I fell out into the lake & could not get back in as it was too limber (flexible).

Anyways, we got to go to the lake, got on the water, did not do great fishing, but tried something new just to see how it is. And of course we had some good family time even in the midst of this Corona Chaos. I know I am looking forward to one of the flat bottom boats later this Fall, even if I have to paddle out there to "The Giant". Almost forgot, even though it was not a mess (tangled up), I could tell something had hit one of the 3 jugs with the chicken breast. I have even caught a few stray smaller YellowCats, up to about 20 pounds on previous jugslines.

OK, new TIP for the KEY is:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant, such as stinkbait.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Basics are as follows ...
The Catfish Calendar, in my estimation is good for about 66% to 75%. The rest- 25% to 33% are rogue. Meaning they dance to a different beat (pattern). PunchBaits, StinkBaits, and DoughBaits, in a sense, are not natural. Therefore, they are akin to being a stimulant. The Catfish Calendar picks up the natural pattern of hunting natural prey. They are roaming to feed. In a sense, they are on an instinctive hunt mode. So, come the next ZIP day you are confronted with & itching to go fishing anyways, try these stimulated baits. It may just increase your catches. It may also pick up on the "rogue" fish, that other 25 to 33% still out there. Now there's no guarantee. I would assume it might also enhance the other 3 types of days ("sigs", being YC, BC, or BFT, in addition to ZIP), But after studying the Calendar & findings, I feel this is correct. Just as similar to how I finally came up with my PYC days of the underlying pattern of YellowCats.

This year's URL can be saved for fast access if you are on the go & do not have time to comb down the scrolls (pages of the Catfishing threads) if not on page 1...

--->>>I have corrected it in February's posting, as a blank space appeared at the end of the URL (web-dress). For some reason, there was no EDIT button on the January post, obviously there is some time limit on editing a post.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- SEPTEMBER 2020
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BC
6 BC | 7 BC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 YC | 12 YC
13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 BC
20 BFT | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 BC | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BFT
27 BFT | 28 YC | 29 YC | 30 BC |
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2020 Moon Phases---
2nd- Full Moon
10th- Last Qtr
17th- New Moon
23rd- 1st Qtr

TARGETOS (Multiple Target Briefs)---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2 Tues/Wed
10/11/12 Thurs/Fri/Sat
20/21 Sun/Mon
28/29/30 Mon/Tues/Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2 Tues/Wed
2nd Week- 11/12 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 28/29 Mon/Tues

I'm thinking just maybe, you might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (September 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 3/4/5 Thurs/Fri/Sat
2nd Week- 6/7 Sun/Mon
3rd Week- 19 Sat
4th Week- 23/24/25 Wed/Thurs/Fri
5th Week- 30 Wed

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

****I do this section below for you, just in case I can't find time on the keyboard just before or at the first few days. It gives you the preview into the following month, so you are not left out in the cold, as to YC & BC days, as well as PYC days.

--->>> "Prelim"
Looking ahead into October, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
8/9 Thurs/Fri

And the earliest YC days in October (according to the Calendar)---
8/9 Thurs/Fri

And the earliest BC days in October (according to the Calendar)---
1/2 Thurs/Fri

Here is the 2020 KEY once again ...
Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2020 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.

Don't forget the latest new tip up above!

Try to stay cool!!!
Take Care!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13689525 09/03/20 02:51 AM
G
ggoytia Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Thank you Lynn for posting the calendar.

Best Cajun Line:
"Laissez les bons temps rouler " (Lazay-Lay Bon-Tom Roulay)
Let the good times roll!!!!
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13689560 09/03/20 03:29 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Not a problem. I enjoy everybody's feedback. It helps to find out even more than my initial findings.

For instance, Jeff & James told me as they used the Calendar & the YellowCat tips I've taught them, as to Yellows, they realized on the 3 day runs, they were catching the bigger Yellows either the first or last day.

Ron switched from catfish to crappie. But here & there, some of his findings helped. One example is that he noted near a New Moon the bite is better. That got me to thinking. I realized many times in Phase 1 of the Calendar research on 3 rivers, that most of the times when I caught a mess of YellowCats. And the interesting item, was that it was pitch black (no moonlight), not enough light to see anybody at the other end of the 12 foot flat bottom if you did nt have any lights on.

While on that subject, Luther confirmed that YellowCats do not like the light in most cases. So, at night, when you shine the light on them if you manage to get them to the surface, they want to dive hard to get away.

So you see, by other people's feedback & input, I simply compile the data for a much larger picture. So it is reciprocal. Another case is observation. I have found that if you catch a Yellow on a trotline & it is riled up, since both sides of the trotline is fixed, it is like being on a leash, and they will run a figure "8", So perfect, that you can time the sequence as to when to head for them with the dipnet & scoop them out right around into the boat. From small to very large, they will run the figure "8". And then, there's the "nod", of which if not riled up, a Yellow will turn his head back & forth. It is almost nodding. It is a certain rhythm that you can feel, and realize it is definitely a YellowCat on your line.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13692522 09/06/20 12:57 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
In case you missed it in the recent September calendar a few days ago, here is the tidbit again, plus a little more---
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OK, new TIP for the KEY is:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant, such as stinkbait.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Basics are as follows ...
The Catfish Calendar, in my estimation is good for about 66% to 75%. The rest- 25% to 33% are rogue. Meaning they dance to a different beat (pattern). PunchBaits, StinkBaits, and DoughBaits, in a sense, are not natural. Therefore, they are akin to being a stimulant. The Catfish Calendar picks up the natural pattern of hunting natural prey. They are roaming to feed. In a sense, they are on an instinctive hunt mode. So, come the next ZIP day you are confronted with & itching to go fishing anyways, try these stimulated baits. It may just increase your catches. It may also pick up on the "rogue" fish, that other 25 to 33% still out there. Now there's no guarantee. I would assume it might also enhance the other 3 types of days ("sigs", being YC, BC, or BFT, in addition to ZIP), But after studying the Calendar & findings, I feel this is correct. Just as similar to how I finally came up with my PYC days of the underlying pattern of YellowCats.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Further notes ...

Matter of fact, as I am setting up the 2021 Catfish Calendar for 2021 early, in order to get a printed one available before the end of the year, here is a glimpse of the 2021 KEY a little early. It will be posted again in October 2020 calendar post. Plus a second tip also has been added.

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2021 KEY:
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack 'em up on BC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat's Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.

Further, the Catfish Calendar is based on certain elements which also focuses upon the natural baits they eat. By using some sort of high powered stimulant, such as stink bait, punch bait, or dough bait, you are triggering their smelling (olfactory) senses, which is 1 of the 2 main ways they seek food out. Actually 3- sight, smell, and sound/vibrations. If it is a ZIP day, and you don't even seem to catch a rogue one, it might just assist to keep from heading back empty-handed.

The other tip added, is one that I have noticed over the years working the Catfish Calendar. I am hoping a few will try & confirm my hunch, or that it does not conform. Time will tell.

As to the tip:
"Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days."--->>>

Even though I did not detail this one, which has already been listed for a few years, it seems to be mainly the first & third day of the 3 day runs, of which coincide with the PYC days & the YC days. For instance, if you are running setlines, bait out the night going into a 3 day run, and the night before the 3rd day, as to trying to catch the bigger ones. This came about by feedback from Jeff & James, as to my teaching them to be aware of certain findings that help to hone in on Calendar results.

Be Safe out there, for sure!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13711292 09/25/20 07:24 PM
W
Whizbang Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
W
Lynn,
I am new here, so if I have missed it, please excuse: Will you be posting October's Catfish calendar?
Thanks,
Gary

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13711897 09/26/20 02:39 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Hi Gary ("Whizbang"),

First off, a belated welcome to the Texas Fishing Forum.

I should post October between Monday & Wednesday. I'm running thin on tiime this weekend. However, what I've done for awhile, is post the first YC & BC runs (days) the month before, just in case I post a tad day or so late, everybody is covered for that (the following month). Also the first PYC days (the actual YellowCat pattern behind the scenes) too. The YC days are from the actual calendar itself, as to which influence or pull is the most for that day. The PYC days came about as I knew the pattern is always a constant, but the calendar sometimes shows the Yellows might go on vacation. I finally realized what was going on & now I also post my knowledge (findngs) of my Personal YellowCat Days. In the printed Calendar, I incorporate those days, along with the Calendar actual days. But with the RTF version (simplified text), I have to type them up separate (or it would get to be awfully confusing looking).

Also, I provide a KEY for assistance, also with certain tips to help. The one tip on BFT days & ChannelCats is more of a theorum or hypothesis over the years in my personal experiences. I mainly only researched YCs. But stumbled into BCs & Gator Gars as well, by accident. But I was not researching CCs or WhiteCats (WC), or MudCats (Bullheads or MC).

Each January, I post a new thread for that particular year. From time to time, when I somehow am able to squeeze some out of nowhere, I compile it into a hard copy, meaning I make a printed calendar to be available. It of course gives you the whole year. I usually only charge an extra dollar, just to make sure I don't get in the red too far. Plus it helps to defray packing materials cost to mail them out. I have plans to get one out for 2021. And have my fingers crossed on getting the Catfish Calendar & YellowCat book ready, as well.

Also, each year, I post the previous yearly threads, in case anybody wants to back up all the way to mid 2010 when I got on the Forum. And I even post the new years' link as well. AS the Catfish section moves along, the calendar will run from the first page of listings to usually a maximum of the 4th page listings. You can always save the current year for a direct hyperjump right into it, without flipping the "pages".

I even have Bass Fishermen/women coming over to the Catfish section for catching Yellows, as to the Calendar & YC tips. I even have some families (yes, the whole family) using the calendar). That tells you something for sure.

Sadly, I've got to get going,
Have a Good One!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13716865 10/01/20 03:44 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
2021 is all mapped out. And the RTFs are already made, as well as the new 2021 KEY. I touched base with a copy/print shop today to see if they will be the ones to take over since OfficeMax was swept under the rug by Office Depot. OfficeMax has been printing the "Hard Copy" since 2009. Due to my spare time, there have only been hard copies for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 (2012/2013), and 2017. It takes up a tad bit of time to transfer the data to the calendar program, as well as prepare all the pics & stories for the 12 months, as well as the pics for the cover, and the theme for the yearly title.

For any who are interested, I have some trotline design tips from my SW (Shallow Water) type over on the thread "Trotline Ray Hubbard" <https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...12111/trot-line-ray-hubbard#Post13712111>
OR <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13712111/>

I did manage to get 2 new tires & rims Friday night & put them on my cousin's MonArk (14' flat bottom) boat trailer Sunday later in the afternoon. I have yet to assemble the smaller trailer for the 12' AlumnaCraft flat bottom & it has been almost 3 years later since I bought it from Harbor Freight.

I'm overcommitted tonight, so I'll have to end it there for now. I plan on getting some Vitamin Zzzzzzzzz in there somewhere.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- OCTOBER 2020
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 BC | 3 BFT
4 BFT | 5 BC | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 YC | 9 YC | 10 ZIP
11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 BC
18 BC | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BFT | 24 BFT
25 YC | 26 YC | 27 YC | 28 BC | 29 BC | 30 BFT | 31 BFT

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2020 Moon Phases---
1st- Full Moon
9th- Last Qtr
16th- New Moon
23rd- 1st Qtr
31st- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
8/9 Thurs/Fri
17/18 Sat/Sun
25/26/27 Sun/Mon/Tues

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 8/9 Thurs/Fri.
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 25/26/27 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (October 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 1/2 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 5 Mon
3rd Week- 13/17 Tues/Sat
4th Week- 18/21/22 Sun/Wed/Thurs.
5th Week- 28/29 Wed/Thurs

--->>> "Prelim"
Looking ahead into November, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
4/5 Wed/Thurs

And the earliest YC days in November (according to the Calendar)---
4/5/6 Wed/Thurs/Fri

And the earliest BC days in November (according to the Calendar)---
9/10 Mon/Tues

For the 2021 KEY, back up to the last September update.

Well there ya go!!!
Have a Good One!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13724595 10/08/20 09:34 PM
P
Phis0n Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
First of all, wow! I see you've invested a lot of time into this. This will be very useful!
Thank you for taking the time in writing and contributing this to the community.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13724908 10/09/20 04:02 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Not a problem. "Research" is my "other" middle name. I am what some refer to as a pattern recognizer. And usually, I just somehow accidently realize it, or am somehow led into it. Then, I am inquisitive enough to jump right in to investigate. I guess reading mysteries like "The Hardy Boys" when I was young might have had a hand in it somehow.

Big Zee noted back in the 2016 LCC thread- "I have not heard the 7 off and 2 on in a long time. My grandpa always told me 'find that pattern and your on the yellow cats all year.' He was right. Good advice there thanks again."

I found it to be closer to 7 off & 2 on, 7 off & 2 on, 7 off & 3 on, then repeat to be closer, yet there is a little variance which slips back slightly. So in a sense, it is somewhere in between 7/2/7/2/7/3 and 7/2/7/2/7/2 That is what my PYC days reflects- the variance. The way I figure out the variance, is compare to what the Catfish Calendar is showing, as to the strongest pull for that day. By experience, after I map out the calendar in rtf (text) calendars, I make a quarterly, then go down the line figuring out the PYC pattern.

Out of all of it, my favorite part is hearing from those who are having great success with the Calendar & the PYC days, be it Yellows, Blues, or Gator Gars.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13752266 11/01/20 06:35 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
It's finally November and ... Well, It looks as if we finally got a few cool (cold) fronts under our belt & perhaps another one or 2 coming to clear out the heated water & any lingering thermocline.

First off, Greetings to recent encounters with 2 at Wal-Mart here. First was when I was trying to pick up my Birthday cake back in August that my Mom had called in. To both our surprise, it had "Catfish Lynn" on it. Anyway, in explanation, I told him of the nickname, as well as the Catfish Calendar. Second was while filling drinking water this past week. Ivan (Dell) started the conversation, but you realize just how interconnected we are, as he mentioned he was from Lake Limestone. So we shared a few minutes, at to where to fish (at least from my experience & arewa on the RB fork area into the bottom of the lake. And of course, the Catfish Calendar was shared too. So in case either or both of you are reading this, a big Hello & Welcome to the Texas Fishing Forum (TFF).

As for my end here, I am still in the prep mode. I am working on the Catfish Calendar Hard Copy for 2021 & I may be contacting a few of you in the next week or two for pics & a story or 2. Or, if you want, touch base with me either by email or PM (here on the TFF), if you want to be featured in the Hard Copy. After the 12 months are completed, next will be the chosen 12 months of pics & stories. June is dedicated to Gator Gars. On the back of December will be some of the latest testimonies shared by some of you concerning the Catfish Calendar & your experiences or results.

As to direct fishing, I last noted I had gotten 2 new tires & rims for the trailer, in the October posting, that runs (sits) under my cousin's 14' MonArk wide flat bottom with a 25 HP Evinrude. I also moved the boat & trailer from where we parked it back in June 2011, after we had gotten back from the Kid's Catfish Tourney at Lake Limestone Father's Day weekend. The lake was super low & we almost did not get back in at Running Branch because of that. Following that, the lake dropped 10 feet low by the Thangsgiving Trip, about 25 to 33% level, but I was determined to go, even though I had been feeling odd up to a month earlier. Low enough, so that The Giant had to move, as most of its area was dry (from 8 feet to 11 feet). Then on Thanksgiving Day 2011, I was in my sister's 12' vinyl Porta-Bote with her 3.5 HP, after having to roll it out some 1/4 of a mile or so near the dam on the Ranger Station side. She also bought the big clip-on dolly wheels. Of course, with my gear, I had to go back & forth 2 or 3 other times before finally being tuckered out. My "Planter" trotlines were decided to be a no-go for this trip due to conditions & of course the two end anchors weighing it at between 60 & 72 pounds each. I decided on two Shallow Water (SW) trotlines & about 8 to 9 juglines. Little did I know just how much more exhausted I could get. I made the mistake of standing & stretching facing sideways after setting out the last of two separate rows of juglines with weights. WRONG! BIG MISTAKE! A word of caution: NEVER EVER turn sideways, always face forward & backwards when doing such. Because of the flexibility of the vinyl bottom, one or two of the gear buckets that had weights in them, or lines, shifted & slid to one side. Caught offguard, it was enough to rock the boat & me. To which I finally fell backwards over the edge, into the water, with my feet & lower legs still hanging inside the boat. Like I say, always wear your LifeJacket. I bobbed back up. I recalled thinking, Oh this can't be happening. But yet it just had. I was in disarray, as it seemed that I had very little power, as if my energy had been drained. Simply put, it looked as if I would just have to drift until I hit one of the shores (perhaps beyond sunset). It depended upon how the wind blew & timing as to which shore I would wind up on. For the rest of the story, turn back to the last month of 2011 or January 2012 to see what ensued & how I was rescued, only to finally land in the hospital about a month afterward, just as January 2012 came into play. Then I found out why I was so weak. It was due to heart conditions. That was 2012.

Anyways, I finally recovered from that & got to do a little more fishing in 2013 with the Porta-Bote. Then the war started in Lugansk, Ukraine, as the Russian rebels (commandeered in secret by Putin) came in and took over which caused many to flee the war zone area. There is nothing like constant bullets whizzing by your apartment building, not knowing if one will hit you eventually. And the rebels had total disregard for the people (tenants) as they were firing rocket launchers & such from on top of the 12 story apartment buildings, while the Ukraine border base nearby was returning fire. This included my wife & step-daughter, as well as in-laws. Finally, after getting the wife & step-daughter settled in Kiev, hopefully away from the war-torn areas of the East, I was able to obtain & barely get back in the water with my new 12' AlumaCraft flat bottom in early 2018. And lost The Giant in a tugging contest on May 5th of that year. 2019 came & other things slowed me down, then Fall came & I still had not made it back to the lake. Only to get hit with heart problems again. But even 9 days in the hospital & a month and a half recovery has not stopped my wanting to return to the lake (Lake Limestone being phase 2 of the Catfish Calendar research- as to in a lake).

But the good news, is that is sorta behind me now. I finally decided to try & get the MonArk back on the lake first (over the past 2 or so months), even though I was thinking it might be cheaper or easier to get the 12 footer ready first. Next up on my list (of items to get ready) is a new portable gas tank & primer hose, as well as a battery. Just ordered the tank, hose, and fittings Saturday evening. I decided to go with a plastic 6 gallon instead of another steel one (if they even still make them). I'll pick up a marine battery this week, as I was window shopping this past week. Boy howdy, nothing's cheap, that is for sure. Sadly, I may not make it by this late Fall, but at least I am narrowing in on early Spring trajectory. Should I send a Christmas Greeting card to The Giant, saying "Game On"? Slowly but surely, as as I noted, I am trying to complete the 2021 Catfish Calendar to be able to get a printed copy available. And hoping to finally get a book together on the Calendar, plus YellowCats and other tips, as well. Sometimes you have to sit down & plan your attack, or outline the steps needed to get back on track. And that is what I am aiming for. Sometimes they are larger steps, and sometimes smaller steps. But eventually, the stairs are climbed. The objective is finally reached, as long as you have determination & faith.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2020
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 BFT | 2 BC | 3 BC | 4 YC | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP
8 ZIP | 9 BC | 10 BC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 BC
15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 YC
22 YC | 23 YC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 BFT | 28 BFT
29 BC | 30 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Moon Phases---
8th- Last Qtr
15th- New Moon
21st- 1st Qtr
30th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5 Wed/Thurs
13/14 Fri/Sat
21/22/23 Sat/Sun/Mon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 4/5/6 (Wed/Thurs/Fri)
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 21 (Sat)
4th Week- 22/23 (Sun/Mon)
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (November 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 2/3 (Mon/Tues)
2nd Week- 9/10/13/14 (Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat)
3rd Week- 18 (Wed)
4th Week- 26 (Thurs)
5th Week- 29/30 (Sun/Mon)

SPECIAL- Thangsgiving Trip Outlook:
For those who might think of a Fishing, combo Deer Hunting/Fishing, or combo Duck Hunting/Fishing Trip this Holiday, here are my tips.
If you hunt ducks or deer first thing, run your lines or RnR after that. If you hunt ducks or deer until dark, either run your lines or RnR beforehand or afterwards in the dark (just be sure you have the proper lighting).

As to fishing tips for Yellows, Blues, Channels, or Gator Gars, here is the "spread"-
17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28
(Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues)
BFT/BFT/YC/YC/YC/ZIP/ZIP/BC/BFT/BFT/BC/BC
PYC is 21/22/23

For Thursday thru Friday, concentrate on ChannelCats (CC). Friday evening, prep for YellowCats/Gator Gars continuing into Tuesday AM. Wednesday PM prep for BlueCats thru Friday AM. For Thursday PM thru Sunday AM, gear up for ChannelCats. Finally from Saturday PM thru Tuesday PM (or Wednesday AM).
Turkey Day, of course falls on the 26th Thursday (BC).

At Running Branch Marina, on Lake Limestone, if the wind is up, you still have ample opportunity in the No Wake Zone as to comparison to the treacherous high winds & waves on the main lake. Usually, an abundance of ducks are out there in the No Wake Zone at this time in the mornings. And about less than 10 miles down the road is a TP&W place you can hunt deer, but you have to already have signed up & paid in advance.

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

--->>> Next month's "Prelim"--
Looking ahead into December, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
1/2 (Tues/Wed)

And the earliest YC days in December (according to the Calendar)---
1/2/3 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)

And the earliest BC days in December (according to the Calendar)---
6/7 (Sun/Mon)

Here is the 2021 KEY once again, assisting in tips on the Catfish Calendar:
<KEY here>
Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2021 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There ya Go,
Have a Good One,
Don't forget, wear that Life Jacket!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13752267 11/01/20 06:36 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
It's finally November and ... Well, It looks as if we finally got a few cool (cold) fronts under our belt & perhaps another one or 2 coming to clear out the heated water & any lingering thermocline.

First off, Greetings to recent encounters with 2 at Wal-Mart here. First was when I was trying to pick up my Birthday cake back in August that my Mom had called in. To both our surprise, it had "Catfish Lynn" on it. Anyway, in explanation, I told him of the nickname, as well as the Catfish Calendar. Second was while filling drinking water this past week. Ivan (Dell) started the conversation, but you realize just how interconnected we are, as he mentioned he was from Lake Limestone. So we shared a few minutes, at to where to fish (at least from my experience & arewa on the RB fork area into the bottom of the lake. And of course, the Catfish Calendar was shared too. So in case either or both of you are reading this, a big Hello & Welcome to the Texas Fishing Forum (TFF).

As for my end here, I am still in the prep mode. I am working on the Catfish Calendar Hard Copy for 2021 & I may be contacting a few of you in the next week or two for pics & a story or 2. Or, if you want, touch base with me either by email or PM (here on the TFF), if you want to be featured in the Hard Copy. After the 12 months are completed, next will be the chosen 12 months of pics & stories. June is dedicated to Gator Gars. On the back of December will be some of the latest testimonies shared by some of you concerning the Catfish Calendar & your experiences or results.

As to direct fishing, I last noted I had gotten 2 new tires & rims for the trailer, in the October posting, that runs (sits) under my cousin's 14' MonArk wide flat bottom with a 25 HP Evinrude. I also moved the boat & trailer from where we parked it back in June 2011, after we had gotten back from the Kid's Catfish Tourney at Lake Limestone Father's Day weekend. The lake was super low & we almost did not get back in at Running Branch because of that. Following that, the lake dropped 10 feet low by the Thangsgiving Trip, about 25 to 33% level, but I was determined to go, even though I had been feeling odd up to a month earlier. Low enough, so that The Giant had to move, as most of its area was dry (from 8 feet to 11 feet). Then on Thanksgiving Day 2011, I was in my sister's 12' vinyl Porta-Bote with her 3.5 HP, after having to roll it out some 1/4 of a mile or so near the dam on the Ranger Station side. She also bought the big clip-on dolly wheels. Of course, with my gear, I had to go back & forth 2 or 3 other times before finally being tuckered out. My "Planter" trotlines were decided to be a no-go for this trip due to conditions & of course the two end anchors weighing it at between 60 & 72 pounds each. I decided on two Shallow Water (SW) trotlines & about 8 to 9 juglines. Little did I know just how much more exhausted I could get. I made the mistake of standing & stretching facing sideways after setting out the last of two separate rows of juglines with weights. WRONG! BIG MISTAKE! A word of caution: NEVER EVER turn sideways, always face forward & backwards when doing such. Because of the flexibility of the vinyl bottom, one or two of the gear buckets that had weights in them, or lines, shifted & slid to one side. Caught offguard, it was enough to rock the boat & me. To which I finally fell backwards over the edge, into the water, with my feet & lower legs still hanging inside the boat. Like I say, always wear your LifeJacket. I bobbed back up. I recalled thinking, Oh this can't be happening. But yet it just had. I was in disarray, as it seemed that I had very little power, as if my energy had been drained. Simply put, it looked as if I would just have to drift until I hit one of the shores (perhaps beyond sunset). It depended upon how the wind blew & timing as to which shore I would wind up on. For the rest of the story, turn back to the last month of 2011 or January 2012 to see what ensued & how I was rescued, only to finally land in the hospital about a month afterward, just as January 2012 came into play. Then I found out why I was so weak. It was due to heart conditions. That was 2012.

Anyways, I finally recovered from that & got to do a little more fishing in 2013 with the Porta-Bote. Then the war started in Lugansk, Ukraine, as the Russian rebels (commandeered in secret by Putin) came in and took over which caused many to flee the war zone area. There is nothing like constant bullets whizzing by your apartment building, not knowing if one will hit you eventually. And the rebels had total disregard for the people (tenants) as they were firing rocket launchers & such from on top of the 12 story apartment buildings, while the Ukraine border base nearby was returning fire. This included my wife & step-daughter, as well as in-laws. Finally, after getting the wife & step-daughter settled in Kiev, hopefully away from the war-torn areas of the East, I was able to obtain & barely get back in the water with my new 12' AlumaCraft flat bottom in early 2018. And lost The Giant in a tugging contest on May 5th of that year. 2019 came & other things slowed me down, then Fall came & I still had not made it back to the lake. Only to get hit with heart problems again. But even 9 days in the hospital & a month and a half recovery has not stopped my wanting to return to the lake (Lake Limestone being phase 2 of the Catfish Calendar research- as to in a lake).

But the good news, is that is sorta behind me now. I finally decided to try & get the MonArk back on the lake first (over the past 2 or so months), even though I was thinking it might be cheaper or easier to get the 12 footer ready first. Next up on my list (of items to get ready) is a new portable gas tank & primer hose, as well as a battery. Just ordered the tank, hose, and fittings Saturday evening. I decided to go with a plastic 6 gallon instead of another steel one (if they even still make them). I'll pick up a marine battery this week, as I was window shopping this past week. Boy howdy, nothing's cheap, that is for sure. Sadly, I may not make it by this late Fall, but at least I am narrowing in on early Spring trajectory. Should I send a Christmas Greeting card to The Giant, saying "Game On"? Slowly but surely, as as I noted, I am trying to complete the 2021 Catfish Calendar to be able to get a printed copy available. And hoping to finally get a book together on the Calendar, plus YellowCats and other tips, as well. Sometimes you have to sit down & plan your attack, or outline the steps needed to get back on track. And that is what I am aiming for. Sometimes they are larger steps, and sometimes smaller steps. But eventually, the stairs are climbed. The objective is finally reached, as long as you have determination & faith.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2020
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 BFT | 2 BC | 3 BC | 4 YC | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP
8 ZIP | 9 BC | 10 BC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 BC
15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 YC
22 YC | 23 YC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 BFT | 28 BFT
29 BC | 30 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Moon Phases---
8th- Last Qtr
15th- New Moon
21st- 1st Qtr
30th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5 Wed/Thurs
13/14 Fri/Sat
21/22/23 Sat/Sun/Mon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 4/5/6 (Wed/Thurs/Fri)
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 21 (Sat)
4th Week- 22/23 (Sun/Mon)
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (November 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 2/3 (Mon/Tues)
2nd Week- 9/10/13/14 (Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat)
3rd Week- 18 (Wed)
4th Week- 26 (Thurs)
5th Week- 29/30 (Sun/Mon)

SPECIAL- Thangsgiving Trip Outlook:
For those who might think of a Fishing, combo Deer Hunting/Fishing, or combo Duck Hunting/Fishing Trip this Holiday, here are my tips.
If you hunt ducks or deer first thing, run your lines or RnR after that. If you hunt ducks or deer until dark, either run your lines or RnR beforehand or afterwards in the dark (just be sure you have the proper lighting).

As to fishing tips for Yellows, Blues, Channels, or Gator Gars, here is the "spread"-
17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28
(Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues)
BFT/BFT/YC/YC/YC/ZIP/ZIP/BC/BFT/BFT/BC/BC
PYC is 21/22/23

For Thursday thru Friday, concentrate on ChannelCats (CC). Friday evening, prep for YellowCats/Gator Gars continuing into Tuesday AM. Wednesday PM prep for BlueCats thru Friday AM. For Thursday PM thru Sunday AM, gear up for ChannelCats. Finally from Saturday PM thru Tuesday PM (or Wednesday AM).
Turkey Day, of course falls on the 26th Thursday (BC).

At Running Branch Marina, on Lake Limestone, if the wind is up, you still have ample opportunity in the No Wake Zone as to comparison to the treacherous high winds & waves on the main lake. Usually, an abundance of ducks are out there in the No Wake Zone at this time in the mornings. And about less than 10 miles down the road is a TP&W place you can hunt deer, but you have to already have signed up & paid in advance.

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Looking ahead into December, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
1/2 (Tues/Wed)

And the earliest YC days in December (according to the Calendar)---
1/2/3 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)

And the earliest BC days in December (according to the Calendar)---
6/7 (Sun/Mon)

Here is the 2021 KEY once again, assisting in tips on the Catfish Calendar:

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2021 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There ya Go,
Have a Good One,
Don't forget, wear that Life Jacket!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2020 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13796395 12/06/20 05:57 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Whew! Finally got time here. If you don't realize, I share at the bottom of each month, the first BC, YC, as well as PYC days. The reason is, sometimes its a whirlwind here, and I can't find the time until a few days later to post a new month.

In fact, I had to step away from the keyboard for about 30 minutes just now. That is about how the past month has been, many diversions.

I survived November. I hope you did too. I was hoping to have finished the setup for the 2021 Catfish Calendars during Turkey Day Holidays. Or at least all 12 months of just the lower calendar portions. But I only made it thru August so far. Too many other side projects & such. So 4 more months to finish, then stories & pics, the cover spread, and front write-up, plus a couple more Calendar testimonies. Anyways, I am still on projection to have it completed before the end of December, which will be a first. I thought I might tackle a month per night this past work week. Wrong! Two doctor appointments take work time out which I had to catch up on.

These printed ones are really nice, but they do take some time to set up. For instance, instead of a separate printout for the 2013 edition, of the PYC days, the 2017 printed edition had them fused into the dates, just above the number (even though those are separate from the Catfish Calendar 4 "sigs" setup of mine). Previous printed editions were 2009, 2010, and 2011. It was mid-2010 when I landed into the TFF here, so I managed to get some of you from the Forum in the 2011, as well as the 2013 & 2017 editions.

I forget where I was in the items acquired for the two boats here, but early Spring is looking good for at least using one of them. I have acquired my late Uncle James' Chrysler van from my cousin which he had a trailer hitch installed just so we could start going fishing again. Previously, my Daughter had the van. It runs good for 257,000+ miles on it. He won't be there physically, but he will be in spirit. He really enjoyed us fishing together from 2008 to 2011. Then our hearts took us out in 2012, as the drought did too. Both of our pickups also suffered terminal illness as well in 2012. Target first is the bigger boat- MonArk wide flat bottom 14 footer with a 25 HP Evinrude. It was parked in late June 2010 just before the drought got worse & Lake Limestone was 10 feet low (about a 3rd of the main depth gone). The Game Wardens & two Lake Rangers had to use a tractor to haul the boat trailers out enough by the dam wall, in order to launch them. I know I had to carry my sister's Porta-Bote (or I should say roll, as she bought the 2 dolly clamp on wheels, as to some of its available accessories) out at least a 1/4 mile to get to water, plus 2 or 3 runs to get supplies out to the boat. At Running Branch, it was a good 3/4 to 1 mile stretch before getting to water (about 1/2+ of the long No Wake Zone there). "The Giant's" main area of encounters with us, was above water due to the drought.

Anyways, the latest items acquired for the big boat are a new red plastic (vinyl) fuel tank with a gauge, fitting for the tank, primer hose, spark plugs, 6 gallons gas with BM oil & stabilizer, 1 bilge pump, and a few other items. Next up is Boat sticker, trailer sticker, 55 gallon tub (yes, we have also had the old 55 gallon one filled & start filling with catfish an extra 18 gallon tub), a bait aerator (electric), big battery box, and the 2nd (back-up) bilge pump. After that, certifying my 600 pound new digital scale, new PVC pipe for the new roof frame. And perhaps some paint for the higher running boards. You see, we go prepped for some fair type waves. There were times I would crouch low while running lines, then raising (springing) up as a wave would roll over the front. I am sure I need to replace the electrical switchboard that James set up, unless I find they are still good.

As for the little boat, if I can, it will be the new boat sticker, maybe assemble the trailer after having still in boxes for 3 years), and getting a trailer sticker. Of course then there is the pontoon needed. I'm thinking a cheap plastic kayak will work as a stabilizer, in order to catch "The Giant" should we be in the 12 foot AlumaCraft flat bottom. I plan on catching it between the two, so he can't roll me or us over. I may even mount a camera/ video camera up above the connecting frame, unless I catch him in the big boat instead. Oh well, you have to prepare for these things well in advance, that's for sure.

Well, forward & onward to ours & yours' fishing targets & strategies now & this coming year. If we get the big boat up & running & the lake still has water, I might try another "Planter" trotline just outside of the Near Corner (where Running Branch fork comes in at the northwest end of the bottom main lake), near the water pump station. One of my prize Calendar & YellowCat students, him & his wife, caught two 40 pound Blues on each of their juglines. I think his was 1 pound more than hers. But the Blues had somehow got the lines tangled to together, so it took some sorting, to see who caught what.

Time to move on.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- DECEMBER 2020
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP
6 BC | 7 BC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 ZIP
13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 BFT | 18 BFT | 19 YC
20 YC | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC
27 BC | 28 BC | 29 YC | 30 YC | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2020 Moon Phases---
7th- Last Qtr
14th- New Moon
21st- 1st Qtr
29th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2020 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2 Tues/Wed
10/11 Thurs/Fri
19/20/21 Sat/Sun/Mon
29/30 Tues/Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2020 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2/3 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 19 (Sat)
4th Week- 20 (Sun)
5th Week- 29/30 (Tues/Wed)

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (December 2020), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/7 (Sun/Mon)
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 24/25/26 (Thurs/Fri/Sat)
5th Week- 27/28/31 (Sun/Mon/Thurs)

Looking ahead into January 2021, here is the first PYC grouping (according to the Lynn unit aka "Catfish"/"Catfish Lynn")---
7/8 (Thurs/Fri)
There are 7 PYC days in January 2021.

And the earliest YC days in January 2021 (according to the Calendar)---
16/17 (Sat/Sun)
There are 4 YC days in January 2021.

And the earliest BC days in January 2021 (according to the Calendar)---
1/2/3/4 (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)
There 12 BC days in January 2021.
Also note there are 11 BC days in February 2021.
And 7 BC days in March 2021.
Further 9 BC days in April 2021.
So your optimum is January & February, as well as getting the 2021 printed edition (as soon as I complete it & get some printed) so you can map out your game strategy way ahead of time.

For the 2021 KEY, back up to the November post to retrieve it.

Don't Forget,
Be Safe,
Wear the Life Jacket!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide