Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Canino
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Originally Posted by Jamoke
We took over product development and licensed the Iron Age brand several years ago...

Not really sure what you're expecting. The company that owns the brand now didn't make your boots. They bought/licensed the brand from the old company that did make your boots.

The new company isn't obligated to service the old company's customers. It isn't the same company. You have never been the new company's customer, so why would you expect them to provide any kind of compensation?

Totally wrong way to look at it the company could have stepped up and taken care of the issue regardless if they owned it at that time or not they are now Iron Age. Not sure about about anyone but no way I would buy any of their products knowing this is how they operate. They had a chance to make a unhappy customer happy and blew it IMO.

That's pretty funny.

So you buy something at a store, but you don't get around to using it for a while. The store goes out of business and another store opens in that location. You figure out that the item is defective. You walk into the new store with the busted item you didn't buy from them and expect them to compensate you?

IMO that is wrong in essence they bought the company or at least the Iron Age brand they should honor workmanship defects regardless of if they owned it then or not since they own it now. It would have cost them very little to replace the boots instead they chose to go the other route. The company I work for has acquired many companies if we took that stance we would have lost tons of customers for that kind of poor customer service.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748464 10/29/20 07:54 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

So you buy something at a store, but you don't get around to using it for a while. The store goes out of business and another store opens in that location. You figure out that the item is defective. You walk into the new store with the busted item you didn't buy from them and expect them to compensate you?

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748471 10/29/20 07:57 PM
J
Jamoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
They advertise as being a 100 year old company this is their statement read it!

Maybe they have been making work boots for 100 years - but not that brand. Companies do this all the time - a company that makes an item buys out a competitor, or buys out their trademarked name.

You have assumed that some company that never made boots bought out another company that did make boots, but then advertised they have made boots for a long time. That isn't necessarily correct.

Are you a corporate raider, because I am just a regular guy who bought a pair of boots and wore them twice. I have worn Herman Survivor boots almost daily for 20 year with no issues and have numerous pair of Army boots that are 20 and even 30 years old with no issues. The company talks about quality, toughness, history of making great boots. They admitted they are aware that this company made defective boots. Probably why they reorganized or what ever they did to not be responsible.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748474 10/29/20 07:58 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
We took over product development and licensed the Iron Age brand several years ago...

Not really sure what you're expecting. The company that owns the brand now didn't make your boots. They bought/licensed the brand from the old company that did make your boots.

The new company isn't obligated to service the old company's customers. It isn't the same company. You have never been the new company's customer, so why would you expect them to provide any kind of compensation?

Totally wrong way to look at it the company could have stepped up and taken care of the issue regardless if they owned it at that time or not they are now Iron Age. Not sure about about anyone but no way I would buy any of their products knowing this is how they operate. They had a chance to make a unhappy customer happy and blew it IMO.

That's pretty funny.

Nordstrom's does it all of the time. In fact, they even took back a set of tires once. Not saying its right, but they do it.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748481 10/29/20 08:00 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

So was it a stock sale or an asset sale? Makes all the difference in the world.

OP - You might try to press the new owner, as there may have been an escrow set aside to honor claims under the old manufacturer. Just hard to know without digging into the business relationship between the two entities (assuming they are shooting straight with you and there were multiple entities and not under common ownership).

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748485 10/29/20 08:04 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

IMO that is wrong in essence they bought the company or at least the Iron Age brand they should honor workmanship defects regardless of if they owned it then or not since they own it now. It would have cost them very little to replace the boots instead they chose to go the other route. The company I work for has acquired many companies if we took that stance we would have lost tons of customers for that kind of poor customer service.

Ok now I don't necessarily disagree with you there, but there's a difference between buying a company and licensing a brand name. Yes, if one company buys another most of the time they will take over customer service and take care of customers as if the old company was still in business. But from that email, it appears to me they just licensed the brand name only without taking on any other responsibilities so they could start manufacturing the branded items in their own factories. It's a subtle but important difference.

Yes, it would have been a good customer service move to do more, but it seems from the email that they would be replacing a whole lot of product they were never responsible for, so they made a decision they weren't going to do that and I'm sure that was factored into the price of the licensing agreement from the start.

The bottom line is the OP's gripe is with a company that doesn't exist any more. Asking the new company for compensation - no problem. If they give something, great! If not, well it was never their responsibility anyway. Not the outcome the OP wanted, but also not a reason to put the new company down.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #13748488 10/29/20 08:06 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

So was it a stock sale or an asset sale? Makes all the difference in the world.

Neither. It wasn't a sale at all. One business went out of business and left. A new, completely different business leased the space.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Zipster] #13748492 10/29/20 08:08 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Zipster
Nordstrom's does it all of the time. In fact, they even took back a set of tires once. Not saying its right, but they do it.

No they don't. That's just an old urban legend.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748497 10/29/20 08:13 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z

Uh ok. I only worked there. but you believe what you want. We were instructed to take anything back, and their corporate trainer told us the tire story.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748505 10/29/20 08:20 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

I wouldn’t tolerate their lame excuses...excuses are for p’s. When I walk in the new store, b**** better have my money.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748506 10/29/20 08:21 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
I wear dereks worn out crocs so none of this matters one bit to me.

roflmao

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Zipster] #13748507 10/29/20 08:22 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

Uh ok. I only worked there. but you believe what you want. We were instructed to take anything back, and their corporate trainer told us the tire story.

According to the Nordstrom's website, the retail stores don't even accept returns from some of their other branded stores:

"Boutique returns must be processed at the store in which they were purchased."

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/customer-service/return-policy

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Sawhorse] #13748508 10/29/20 08:22 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

I wouldn’t tolerate their lame excuses...excuses are for p’s. When I walk in the new store, b**** better have my money.

That’s what any good boot melter would go with.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Sawhorse] #13748517 10/29/20 08:26 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

Yes.

Ok. Good luck with that.

THIS is attitude you must have if you want to return your tires to Nordstrom's. Don't even need a receipt.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide