Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Iron Age Boots #13748377 10/29/20 06:49 PM
J
Jamoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Last year was the first year I hunted in Texas, I went and bought a new pair for boots. I wore them one time to break them in, they were pretty comfortable right out of the box, Wore them at deer camp on opening Day. Walked from the shed out to the blind, took a spike and dragged him about 200 yards back to camp. I processed him and since we have no electricity and it was warmer than I like, I drove home and finished cutting him up and into the freezer. I forgot the boots at home and went back to camp. The moral is I wore the brand new boots 2 days. 2 days ago I took them out of the closet and the heels were gummy and wet, When I walked outside the heels of both boots disintegrated and fell off.

When I wrote to the Company that claims they have been in business for 100 years "In a world of war, industry, and danger, we thrived. It’s not always been an easy road, but we’re proud to still be kicking. Tough then. Tough now. The work hasn’t changed, so neither have we. Dangerous, dirty, glorious work. We make work boots for old school tough workers."

Here is the response

Greetings,

We took over product development and licensed the Iron Age brand several years ago and unfortunately at that time there was prevalent issue with the outsoles deteriorating. Since then, we have changed factories, re-invented the brand and completely designed the line and products offered. That being said, we cannot warranty a product that we never actually produced.

They did offer me a 30% discount on a new pair, Talk about Poor Customer Service. Be warned[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jamoke; 10/29/20 06:53 PM.
Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748379 10/29/20 06:52 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Pretty cheese for sure. frown

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748382 10/29/20 06:55 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Admitted they had an issue and no help. flush_2

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748384 10/29/20 06:56 PM
D
DI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Had a pair of Wolverine boots do that, never bought that crappy boot again.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748392 10/29/20 07:04 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Jamoke
We took over product development and licensed the Iron Age brand several years ago...

Not really sure what you're expecting. The company that owns the brand now didn't make your boots. They bought/licensed the brand from the old company that did make your boots.

The new company isn't obligated to service the old company's customers. It isn't the same company. You have never been the new company's customer, so why would you expect them to provide any kind of compensation?

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748401 10/29/20 07:10 PM
S
Space Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I bought a pair of die-hard work shoes in 88 got laid off and did not wear them again until took a tour of an offshore rig my wife helped design by end of the tour the soles disintegrated and I was walking on the innersoles and leather uppers. They were a great pair of safety shoes when I was working in a shop.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: DI] #13748412 10/29/20 07:15 PM
Z
Zipster Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Z
Originally Posted by DI
Had a pair of Wolverine boots do that, never bought that crappy boot again.

Same here.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748421 10/29/20 07:23 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Canino
We took over product development and licensed the Iron Age brand several years ago...

Not really sure what you're expecting. The company that owns the brand now didn't make your boots. They bought/licensed the brand from the old company that did make your boots.

The new company isn't obligated to service the old company's customers. It isn't the same company. You have never been the new company's customer, so why would you expect them to provide any kind of compensation?

Totally wrong way to look at it the company could have stepped up and taken care of the issue regardless if they owned it at that time or not they are now Iron Age. Not sure about about anyone but no way I would buy any of their products knowing this is how they operate. They had a chance to make a unhappy customer happy and blew it IMO.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Space] #13748425 10/29/20 07:26 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Space
I bought a pair of die-hard work shoes in 88 got laid off and did not wear them again until took a tour of an offshore rig my wife helped design by end of the tour the soles disintegrated and I was walking on the innersoles and leather uppers. They were a great pair of safety shoes when I was working in a shop.

The die hards are rarely mentioned on here but they are the best machine shop boot I ever wore. If you walked in something that deteriorated those soles I’m guessing you may die from it later on in life.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748445 10/29/20 07:44 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

Not really sure what you're expecting.

I would like to see the free pellet smoker backstock decrease by 1 unit.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748446 10/29/20 07:44 PM
J
Jamoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J

They advertise as being a 100 year old company this is their statement read it!

In case you haven’t noticed, we make work boots. That’s it and we’ve been doing it for about as long as there have been work boots. Our name first appeared as we and the nation prepared for World War I. In 1918, hard-fiber toe caps were introduced to our work boots. And in 1925 we were one of the first work boot makers to use brand new steel-toe technology. And as America grew, so did we. Built for dirt, sweat, and grit, our steel toe work boots were found at worksites across the country. In a world of war, industry, and danger, we thrived. It’s not always been an easy road, but we’re proud to still be kicking. Tough then. Tough now. The work hasn’t changed, so neither have we. Dangerous, dirty, glorious work. We make work boots for old school tough workers.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Hard Rain] #13748449 10/29/20 07:45 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Totally wrong way to look at it the company could have stepped up and taken care of the issue regardless if they owned it at that time or not they are now Iron Age. Not sure about about anyone but no way I would buy any of their products knowing this is how they operate. They had a chance to make a unhappy customer happy and blew it IMO.

That's pretty funny.

So you buy something at a store, but you don't get around to using it for a while. The store goes out of business and another store opens in that location. You figure out that the item is defective. You walk into the new store with the busted item you didn't buy from them and expect them to compensate you?

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748452 10/29/20 07:46 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

That's pretty funny.

So you buy something at a store, but you don't get around to using it for a while. The store goes out of business and another store opens in that location. You figure out that the item is defective. You walk into the new store with the busted item you didn't buy from them and expect them to compensate you?

Yes.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Canino] #13748453 10/29/20 07:47 PM
J
Jamoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J

That's pretty funny.

They don't say they are 2 years old they say they are 100 years old with super tough boots, not boots that are worn twice and melt.

Re: Iron Age Boots [Re: Jamoke] #13748457 10/29/20 07:50 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
They advertise as being a 100 year old company this is their statement read it!

Maybe they have been making work boots for 100 years - but not that brand. Companies do this all the time - a company that makes an item buys out a competitor, or buys out their trademarked name.

You have assumed that some company that never made boots bought out another company that did make boots, but then advertised they have made boots for a long time. That isn't necessarily correct.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide