Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Back to the cataract surgery thing... #13745969 10/27/20 10:46 PM
V-Bottom Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
I have been watching these surgeries vis U Tube. Not the laser type OK. All the patients were awake while having the surgery done. My MIL and and FIL both were put to sleep. Now this was some years ago. These U Tube patients were given Valium to relax themselves. I have worn glasses for years. I found out the other day at my most recent eye exam, I had cataracts in both eyes, just my right eye is worse. Now bare with me here. After I have my right eye is "corrected", my left eye remains impaired. What do I do with my glasses? Surely I can't put "corrective lenses" over a "new" eye! That would screw up my vision again. Help me here.

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: V-Bottom] #13745989 10/27/20 11:01 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I had both eyes done, about a week apart. During that week I wore a contact lens in the uncorrected eye. You could do that, or. get new glasses with one non-correcting lens.

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: JCG57] #13746001 10/27/20 11:19 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by JCG57
I had both eyes done, about a week apart. During that week I wore a contact lens in the uncorrected eye. You could do that, or. get new glasses with one non-correcting lens.

If you have glasses that worked for both eyes before the first surgery, for the week-between, simply remove the lens for the eye that has been corrected! You'll be looking through an empty frame with that eye for a week, but no big deal. If you can't remove the lens yourself, any eyeglass shop can.....

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: V-Bottom] #13746008 10/27/20 11:21 PM
V-Bottom Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
I think it's more like a month apart for me. We shall SEE !!

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: V-Bottom] #13746012 10/27/20 11:23 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
I have been watching these surgeries vis U Tube. Not the laser type OK. All the patients were awake while having the surgery done. My MIL and and FIL both were put to sleep. Now this was some years ago. These U Tube patients were given Valium to relax themselves. I have worn glasses for years. I found out the other day at my most recent eye exam, I had cataracts in both eyes, just my right eye is worse. Now bare with me here. After I have my right eye is "corrected", my left eye remains impaired. What do I do with my glasses? Surely I can't put "corrective lenses" over a "new" eye! That would screw up my vision again. Help me here.

I had both eyes done in May after surgery restrictions were lifted. I would not call what I experienced as "awake" by any stretch. I was REALLY out of it for almost the full event, barely being able to confirm I could see a red dot at one point, and nothing more. It was a happy nap from my perspective. The results were amazing - even 2 hours after the procedure. See my other comment in the thread about glasses. You need to think about it just a bit.....

Last edited by Flippin-Out; 10/27/20 11:25 PM.
Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: Flippin-Out] #13746031 10/27/20 11:40 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

If you have glasses that worked for both eyes before the first surgery, for the week-between, simply remove the lens for the eye that has been corrected! You'll be looking through an empty frame with that eye for a week, but no big deal. If you can't remove the lens yourself, any eyeglass shop can.....

I had them removed over six years ago, and this was what I did. The opthamologist who did my surgeries removed the lens for me while I was in recovery. Worked great for the two weeks between operations.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We donโ€™t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: Flippin-Out] #13746044 10/27/20 11:46 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

That was Plan A for me. But I learned that if you need a strong correction for the eye awaiting surgery you will be seeing double trying to use glasses with one lens removed. The contact solved that problem.

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: V-Bottom] #13746245 10/28/20 02:49 AM
V-Bottom Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

I have never worn contacts. I don't think I could put something in or on my eyes.....other than eye drops!! I hope I don't have to wait a month for next eye to get fixed. Whatever happens....I will pull thru fine.

Re: Back to the cataract surgery thing... [Re: V-Bottom] #13746637 10/28/20 02:20 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I was knocked out... between surgeries I popped out the lens on the new eye. Looked goofy, but it was only a couple weeks.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide