texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,007
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,485
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,876
Posts13,954,625
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: Waco Jimmy] #13742285 10/24/20 04:53 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Waco Jimmy
I come from StL and grew up a cardinals football fan. Then they left and it became the rams. Now they are gone to replace a raiders and their move to vegas. When you get to thinking about it the lack of loyalty in both players and teams it makes calling them WE seem silly. I used to call them that but now i clearly see what your talking about. I think im going to save WE for my wife and daughter and friends and now the sports team is THEY. Oh wait - I dont have a sports team. THEY skipped town on me and i dont care about baseball or hockey or college sports.

Like you wrote some will get it and others wont. Like my gramps used to tell me - if I have to explain it to a man your age you probably wont get it anyhow.

You are the best poster on this site Billy and have laid a smackdown on the sad bullies attacking you. Your posts put their to complete shame. Im still shaking my head at how they immediately dove out of the woodwork to attack your excellent review of the meat smoker. Seeing those things makes me sad and worried for all of us. You would think people here would appreciate the lowdown on something like that but sometimes being a jerk just trumps all else.

Billys we-they distinction is excellent and wise and very good food for thought. Many of you have anorexia of the cranium unfortunately.

Oh dear God.

Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: BillyVanWard] #13742290 10/24/20 04:56 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
If Jeff from Iowa had a son...

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: Waco Jimmy] #13742291 10/24/20 04:58 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I come from StL and grew up a cardinals football fan. Then they left and it became the rams. Now they are gone to replace a raiders and their move to vegas. When you get to thinking about it the lack of loyalty in both players and teams it makes calling them WE seem silly. I used to call them that but now i clearly see what your talking about. I think im going to save WE for my wife and daughter and friends and now the sports team is THEY. Oh wait - I dont have a sports team. THEY skipped town on me and i dont care about baseball or hockey or college sports.

Like you wrote some will get it and others wont. Like my gramps used to tell me - if I have to explain it to a man your age you probably wont get it anyhow.

You are the best poster on this site Billy and have laid a smackdown on the sad bullies attacking you. Your posts put their to complete shame. Im still shaking my head at how they immediately dove out of the woodwork to attack your excellent review of the meat smoker. Seeing those things makes me sad and worried for all of us. You would think people here would appreciate the lowdown on something like that but sometimes being a jerk just trumps all else.

Billys we-they distinction is excellent and wise and very good food for thought. Many of you have anorexia of the cranium unfortunately.

I feel like Billy’s posts are the writing equivalent of Elaine dancing at the office party on Seinfeld.

Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: Waco Jimmy] #13742494 10/24/20 09:52 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: BillyVanWard] #13742504 10/24/20 10:00 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
What in the hail is going on around here?

Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: ReelSlow] #13742621 10/24/20 11:53 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
"He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"
General John Kelly, United States Marine Corps (Ret.), describing Donald "Dolt45" Trump

Billy, do you believe General John Kelly has never met a person more flawed than Donald J Trump?

1) I've never known a Marine, or any other, General. I have known some Marines, though, and have found them to tend to be credible.
2) I never engage in belief. Belief is cyanide to the rational mind, good for matters of faith and little else. I accept or reject positions based on knowledge, experience, and common sense. I've no reason to doubt the General's words. Even if the statement is not literally accurate, it says much, one would think.
3) I've spent much time investigating Cheeto McTweeto and his family. It is very challenging to find a single good quality in the man. Everything is an illusion. I've never seen anything like it.
4) For the record, I attained voting age during Reagan, but have never voted for a Democrat.

Last edited by BillyVanWard; 10/24/20 11:53 PM.

General John Kelly, United States Marine Corps (Ret.), describing Donald "Dolt45" Trump

Never be upset by the success of another. Never be pleased by the pain of another.

Ezekiel 23:20
Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: Waco Jimmy] #13742622 10/24/20 11:55 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B

You again, eh?

Great post. You make some points that are challenging to dismiss. Yes, they will be dismissed, but emptily.

As for the anorexia thing, good call, but it seems more like bulimia to me.

Never be upset by the success of another. Never be pleased by the pain of another.

Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: Sawhorse] #13742623 10/24/20 11:58 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I feel like Billy’s posts are the writing equivalent of Elaine dancing at the office party on Seinfeld.

Nope. Some of the best material on the site. Many agree.

Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: BillyVanWard] #13742626 10/25/20 12:05 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Cowboys suck!!!!!

Aint no we here.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: "They" are NOT "we." [Re: BillyVanWard] #13742699 10/25/20 01:04 AM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
They can be we if we want them to be. You are not me. Me decides what they are.

You don't tell me how to think. They don't care if we call them we or they. We don't care what the thinks about they.

We can choose to let they pizz us off or we can ignore they and we can be happy and they can kiss we's azz.

Last edited by ReelSlow; 10/25/20 12:49 PM.

GOD is good!
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide