patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Chris B
The cowboys may have the worst o-line in the NFL right now.

They paid their RB too much to keep a good one.

No...they are all injured.

Ah, I haven't seen a game. Just assumed they were under-performing. Apparently not - just old and brittle.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Zeke [Re: bigfishtx] #13740176 10/22/20 07:43 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by patriot07
For the record, I was nearly alone in my criticism of the stupid contract that Jerry signed him to a few years ago.

I know a couple of folks who were critical of Zeke BEFORE Jerry signed him to the stupid contract...back when he was leading the league in rushing yards and jumping into Salvation Army kettles. He can run, he always could. What these folks seemed to have picked up on is that he’s never exuded any “winner”. And the NFL level of talent, heart and mindset separate true winners from losers.

Here here! I criticized the drafting of him, based solely on his actions his final year at OSU. All the talent in the world can be nullified by "me first" character issues. In the ability department, he's close to Emmit Smith, in the heart department he's not even close.

I never criticized the drafting of him. But Jerry has a culture in the clubhouse that's all about money. Romo is about the only one they've had who got paid and kept performance up. Dez & many others really dropped off. Romo's problem after being paid was injuries, not performance or dedication.

I can deduce from the comments that he's fumbling a bunch this year. My problem last year even wasn't so much mistakes, but just that he wasn't as dynamic or prolific as he was before he got paid. He has looked like a different runner since the day he signed that deal.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740279 10/22/20 09:02 PM
K
kcb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
In our family conversation during the Cardinal game a thought came to mind. I am trying to see the good in Zeke and not criticize him. I wonder if he is dealing with some lingering effects of having Covid in the spring? He may be or may not. If he is, will he ever be as good as he once was?

Re: Zeke [Re: kcb] #13740302 10/22/20 09:28 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by kcb
In our family conversation during the Cardinal game a thought came to mind. I am trying to see the good in Zeke and not criticize him. I wonder if he is dealing with some lingering effects of having Covid in the spring? He may be or may not. If he is, will he ever be as good as he once was?

Don't think he felt anything from covid, which is the case for many.

Re: Zeke [Re: CCTX] #13740488 10/23/20 12:18 AM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by CCTX
He greatly benefitted from an excellent O-Line early in his career. He has never had a good attitude or work ethic. Very physically talented, but not exceptional enough to shine without a good O-Line.

Another example of why successful teams are built around the O-Line and D-Line.
If you play chess, the game is won by controlling the center of play/the front lines.
Jimmy understood this and spent most of the H. Walker trade on both lines.
That is how you build a sustainable winning team.

Jerry tends to ignore the lines and defense to overspend on RB, WR, LB, QB (the flashy positions that sell advertising and season tickets).

Emmit smith he aint

I got all day I’m retired
Re: Zeke [Re: McLovin’] #13740506 10/23/20 12:31 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mudbone
Originally Posted by Happykamper
At least Zeke manned up and took full blame for the loss unlike most of the defense, all they did was start calling out the coaches.

Agreed...he handled it well, but he needs to become a leader on the field at practice and in the locker room....and that’s Dallas’ problem....just don’t know how many of those guys they have anymore?

According to McCarthy he is one of the best leaders on the team, sits in the front row of all the meetings, is a team guy, works hard, etc, he just had a bad run on fumbles, he will be fine. But I am still pissed at him because he is the only reason Dak is the QB of the Cowboys.

Last edited by Happykamper; 10/23/20 12:33 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740512 10/23/20 12:35 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
roflmao roflmao roflmao well. McCartney is officially a Jerruh yes man Then.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740513 10/23/20 12:35 AM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
That clown ain’t no leader. Wow. What a joke. What moron would believe that? Please show me so I can sell him something.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740524 10/23/20 12:48 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
That clown ain’t no leader. Wow. What a joke. What moron would believe that? Please show me so I can sell him something.

He took ownership of his poor play and apologized to his team....Monday he and RB coach studied film of every fumble he's had since freshman in college.....those are both leadership functions and desire to be better...I don't think people understand the o line is completely destroyed....they are about to shuffle the whole lineup again because Knight has surgery Tuesday on his knee...so not only are they all injured, what's left is going to have to play out of position....If Martin (in concussion protocol) can't play I have no idea what they are going to do.

Zeke has run hard all year...he's no quitter and is more respected inside the locker room than it would appear to the casual observer.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740534 10/23/20 12:52 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Frank you got problems.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: Happykamper] #13740554 10/23/20 01:07 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Frank you got problems.

He just talks out of his giant [censored] a lot

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Zeke [Re: CCTX] #13740624 10/23/20 02:08 AM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by CCTX
He greatly benefitted from an excellent O-Line early in his career. He has never had a good attitude or work ethic. Very physically talented, but not exceptional enough to shine without a good O-Line.

Another example of why successful teams are built around the O-Line and D-Line.
If you play chess, the game is won by controlling the center of play/the front lines.
Jimmy understood this and spent most of the H. Walker trade on both lines.
That is how you build a sustainable winning team.

Jerry tends to ignore the lines and defense to overspend on RB, WR, LB, QB (the flashy positions that sell advertising and season tickets).

No need to say anything else.

Re: Zeke [Re: txmasterpo] #13740633 10/23/20 02:15 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

He took ownership of his poor play and apologized to his team....Monday he and RB coach studied film of every fumble he's had since freshman in college.....those are both leadership functions and desire to be better...I don't think people understand the o line is completely destroyed....they are about to shuffle the whole lineup again because Knight has surgery Tuesday on his knee...so not only are they all injured, what's left is going to have to play out of position....If Martin (in concussion protocol) can't play I have no idea what they are going to do.

Zeke has run hard all year...he's no quitter and is more respected inside the locker room than it would appear to the casual observer.

TXMasterpo is right. Same thing happening with the Eagles. You can’t succeed with your entire OL out. It’s impossible. Doesn’t matter who you are.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: Frank the Tank] #13740639 10/23/20 02:20 AM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Boy you can tell the blue kool-Aid drinkers tonight!! Always up Jerruh’s butt and blue star glasses firmly planted. Never fails. Love it. Thanks men. The organization that has no clue you exist appreciates you!

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13740693 10/23/20 03:06 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

TXMasterpo is right. Same thing happening with the Eagles. You can’t succeed with your entire OL out. It’s impossible. Doesn’t matter who you are.

I haven't seen games. How much do you think OL is impacting Dalton also?

- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide