Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Chiropractors? [Re: COFF] #13739891 10/22/20 04:37 PM
Nocona Brian Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by COFF
In my opinion there are three types of chiropractors:
1. The guy that gives you an "adjustment" by popping your neck and back in 5 or 6 different times. He will put you through a series of contorted positions, and most of the time it looks similar to how the kung fu dude breaks the bad guy's neck in the movies.
2. The guy that has an office full of a dozen different tables and machines. If the office were not so well lit, it might look like a medieval torture chamber.
3. The guy that has a simple massage table, clicks your heels together and sort of stretches you during your appointment.

Here is what is going to happen at each:
1. He gives the same "adjustment" to everyone, whether you were in a car wreck or came in with a sore toe. He'll pop joints that you never even knew existed. You may feel good walking out, but the next day you will realize nothing he did addressed the problem. In fact you may find you are injured worse than before.

2. He will put you through an impressive number of stretches using any number of gadgets, tables and machines. You will notice that each gadget and machine makes a noise of some sort, clicking or popping in a satisfying way. When you walk out you'll think that it was pretty cool, but not sure any of the popping or clicking in the machines did anything to address your back problem. The guy will try to get you on a program to come in twice a week for the next 6 months. He will not be accept any medical insurance, and will offer you a steep discount if you pre-pay for all 6 months.

3. He will lay you down on your face as if you are getting a massage and run his hands up and down your spine. Then he'll do the same thing with a little instrument that takes a reading from both sides of your spine. He will do seemingly minor movements to your back, hips, and legs. You may not feel much when you walk out, but the next day it will feel like he took your skeleton apart and put it all back together again. This guy is the real deal. He'll probably tell you that if he can't make you feel better after 3 visits then you need to go to an MD and explore either an injection or surgery.

That's somewhat what this guy did but it HURT LIKE HELL and told me after 4 or so visits if I don't think its better to go the MD route. Today I've got bruises up and down my back. They also have all the different tables/workout looking equipment...

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Chiropractors? [Re: Nocona Brian] #13739903 10/22/20 04:49 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
I used to go to Parker Chiropractor School and give alias names so the guys going to school could get there required number of adjustments so they could graduate, Got a couple buddy graduate back in the day, It's pretty much a scam if you ask me.

The body will heal itself. I say go to a good massage therapist instead......

Re: Chiropractors? [Re: kw565] #13739964 10/22/20 05:34 PM
L
leethefishking Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by kw565
I got an inversion table 2 years ago and have not been back!
This helps a bunch.

Re: Chiropractors? [Re: Nocona Brian] #13740096 10/22/20 07:10 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by NoconaBrian
Originally Posted by COFF
In my opinion there are three types of chiropractors:
1. The guy that gives you an "adjustment" by popping your neck and back in 5 or 6 different times. He will put you through a series of contorted positions, and most of the time it looks similar to how the kung fu dude breaks the bad guy's neck in the movies.
2. The guy that has an office full of a dozen different tables and machines. If the office were not so well lit, it might look like a medieval torture chamber.
3. The guy that has a simple massage table, clicks your heels together and sort of stretches you during your appointment.

Here is what is going to happen at each:
1. He gives the same "adjustment" to everyone, whether you were in a car wreck or came in with a sore toe. He'll pop joints that you never even knew existed. You may feel good walking out, but the next day you will realize nothing he did addressed the problem. In fact you may find you are injured worse than before.

2. He will put you through an impressive number of stretches using any number of gadgets, tables and machines. You will notice that each gadget and machine makes a noise of some sort, clicking or popping in a satisfying way. When you walk out you'll think that it was pretty cool, but not sure any of the popping or clicking in the machines did anything to address your back problem. The guy will try to get you on a program to come in twice a week for the next 6 months. He will not be accept any medical insurance, and will offer you a steep discount if you pre-pay for all 6 months.

3. He will lay you down on your face as if you are getting a massage and run his hands up and down your spine. Then he'll do the same thing with a little instrument that takes a reading from both sides of your spine. He will do seemingly minor movements to your back, hips, and legs. You may not feel much when you walk out, but the next day it will feel like he took your skeleton apart and put it all back together again. This guy is the real deal. He'll probably tell you that if he can't make you feel better after 3 visits then you need to go to an MD and explore either an injection or surgery.

That's somewhat what this guy did but it HURT LIKE HELL and told me after 4 or so visits if I don't think its better to go the MD route. Today I've got bruises up and down my back. They also have all the different tables/workout looking equipment...

First rule of medicine is do no harm...

I have a client that had a chiropractor tell her something similar as he adjusted her neck. He slipped part of her cervical spine out of place and she had to have surgery.

Please be careful.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide