texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Ol Thumper, FishingHouYW, OB-OG, QuailHollow, WTJ
114130 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 98,660
hopalong 91,616
Pilothawk 80,535
John175☮ 77,911
Bigbob_FTW 69,087
JDavis7873 67,400
Derek 🐝 65,572
Mark Perry 61,396
Tritonman 59,010
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics1,135,832
Posts15,484,985
Members139,130
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ford F150 #13739344 10/22/20 02:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 730
Brandon Potter Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 730
Anyone towing with a f150 with the 10spd auto? I think it’s my next truck. 5.0 with 10speed. Had a 18 Chevy with the 8 speed auto and wasn’t that impressed with it


2009 Skeeter 20i
Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13739364 10/22/20 03:16 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,138
G
grout-scout Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,138
You’ll just have to drop down to 8th-9th gear while towing anything with some weight to it. 10th gear is just too small, unless you get one of the bigger rear axle ratios, then you’ll lose a little mpg’s when empty though.

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13739424 10/22/20 05:11 AM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,755
V-Bottom Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,755
Towing what?


Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com




Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13739427 10/22/20 05:17 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 730
Brandon Potter Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 730
20’ Skeeter


2009 Skeeter 20i
Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13739500 10/22/20 11:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,000
F
fordnut Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,000
I have a 2019 with the 5.0 and 10 speed 3.55 limited slip diff, and it handles towing my boat and utility trailers just fine. Put it in the tow/haul mode and it won't or rarely go into 10 as well as when slowing down it uses the transmission to downshift more to assist in braking. This one gets right at the same mpg as my 2015 w/5.0 6 speed 3.55 LS which is depending on traffic and how many stop and go's between 15 to as good as 17 mpg if it's just straight highway. Unloaded is where it really does the best, i drive to and from work everyday 70 miles round trip on the George Bush Autobaun and get 20 to 21 mpg even at 75mph. You don't dare to drive the speed limit unless you want to get run over. Plus it also has a sport mode that I don't use anymore because of a few close calls with law enforcement. There isn't anything I would hesitate to pull with it short of a 35' fifth wheel.


[Linked Image]

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13761120 11/08/20 12:42 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,513
BigDozer66 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,513
I can't help you with the 5.0L as our '17 Screw FX4 has a 3.5L EcoBoost w/3.55 rearend, 10 sp. and it tows great. cheers


2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Ford F150 [Re: fordnut] #13761673 11/08/20 01:55 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 860
S
slim1 Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
S
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by fordnut
I have a 2019 with the 5.0 and 10 speed 3.55 limited slip diff, and it handles towing my boat and utility trailers just fine. Put it in the tow/haul mode and it won't or rarely go into 10 as well as when slowing down it uses the transmission to downshift more to assist in braking. This one gets right at the same mpg as my 2015 w/5.0 6 speed 3.55 LS which is depending on traffic and how many stop and go's between 15 to as good as 17 mpg if it's just straight highway. Unloaded is where it really does the best, i drive to and from work everyday 70 miles round trip on the George Bush Autobaun and get 20 to 21 mpg even at 75mph. You don't dare to drive the speed limit unless you want to get run over. Plus it also has a sport mode that I don't use anymore because of a few close calls with law enforcement. There isn't anything I would hesitate to pull with it short of a 35' fifth wheel.

I agree completely. I have a 2018 5.0 W/10 speed. Just put it in tow/haul mode and hit the road. Just got back from a 700 mile trip. Got 21.7 MPG driving between 75 and 80. Love my truck.


PATRIOT GUARD RIDER
Riding With Respect
Flag Captain
Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13762969 11/09/20 03:38 PM
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 343
T
Too Fat 2 Fish Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
T
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 343
2018 with ecoboost / 10 speed. Handles 20' boat 200hp motor no problems at all.

I just put in tow/haul and get 15/16 mpg, that's better than my tundra did with nothing behind it

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #13763316 11/09/20 07:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 44
B
Buchbass2 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by Too Fat 2 Fish
2018 with ecoboost / 10 speed. Handles 20' boat 200hp motor no problems at all.

I just put in tow/haul and get 15/16 mpg, that's better than my tundra did with nothing behind it

Now that's funny right there!!!!

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13763364 11/09/20 08:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,285
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,285
When I had my Raptor the only way it would bust 15 was with a good tail wind. Towing my 22' bay boat it got 8ish

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Buchbass2] #13764238 11/10/20 01:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,587
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,587
Originally Posted by Buchbass2
Originally Posted by Too Fat 2 Fish
2018 with ecoboost / 10 speed. Handles 20' boat 200hp motor no problems at all.

I just put in tow/haul and get 15/16 mpg, that's better than my tundra did with nothing behind it

Now that's funny right there!!!!

[Linked Image]
I make up for this by happily passing every other truck on the road....and my wife driving a Hybrid. Lol

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13764476 11/10/20 04:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 44
B
Buchbass2 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 44
I don't know about you passing me on the road, but I'll pass you every time you stop for gas, which is quite often..

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Buchbass2] #13764751 11/10/20 07:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,587
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,587
Originally Posted by Buchbass2
I don't know about you passing me on the road, but I'll pass you every time you stop for gas, which is quite often..

Yeh. It’s kinda sickening. But, I didn’t buy this thing for fuel economy. Don’t know what my truck weighs, but 500+ horsepower moving it takes fuel! Haha.

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13765804 11/11/20 12:18 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 20,592
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 20,592
Originally Posted by Brandon Potter
20’ Skeeter


The 5.0 will tow that no problem, you may find the 3.5 EB tows it better.

Re: Ford F150 [Re: Brandon Potter] #13765953 11/11/20 01:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,507
Bandit 200 XP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,507
My 2020 Chevy pulls my 20ft. boat fine , 5.3 with 8 speed transmission. 8 miles to the gallon


Triton 200 XP
Yamaha 200 ox66
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3