Forums59
Topics1,038,945
Posts13,956,128
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Tsunami_1] #13735767 10/19/20 01:43 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Serious Question. First off I don't have a dog in the fight, don't own an assault rifle and I'm not one that believes either sides wants to come get my guns nor do I believe it's even possible. Now that that's out of the way...
What is everyone's view on fully automatic weapons? I for one, having sold guns for Years, believe the laws and regulations on fully auto are reasonable and should be required. Helps cut down on the rift-raft that thinks they need one. Would you say it's unconstitutional to require the process one must go through to own a fully automatic weapon? If not why is there so much push against making it more difficult on people to own an assault rifle? It's been proven many times, there's too many people that have access to these weapons that shouldn't.
Certainly not trying to start a fight here, just simply asking a question.

An AR15 is not an assault weapon. It's like me saying any vehicle capable of going over 80 mph is a race car.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Jons3825] #13735768 10/19/20 01:45 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Jons3825
Originally Posted by hopalong

I think they may also have ballistic info on the barrel, all my pistols have come with a single fired round in the box, why?

That would be a tin hat moment. They fire then as a function check. Wouldn’t look good for future sells if they arrived and the new owners had them grenade in their hands.

yeah, knew that, just not sure I trust the powers that be. know what I mean?

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Tsunami_1] #13735775 10/19/20 01:53 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Serious Question. First off I don't have a dog in the fight, don't own an assault rifle and I'm not one that believes either sides wants to come get my guns nor do I believe it's even possible. Now that that's out of the way...
should biden win this is going to be his "gun czar".

What is everyone's view on fully automatic weapons? I for one, having sold guns for Years, believe the laws and regulations on fully auto are reasonable and should be required. Helps cut down on the rift-raft that thinks they need one. Would you say it's unconstitutional to require the process one must go through to own a fully automatic weapon? If not why is there so much push against making it more difficult on people to own an assault rifle? It's been proven many times, there's too many people that have access to these weapons that shouldn't.
the only problem I have with the nfa is the suppressor bs, if one has a carry license that was issued after classes/proficiency testing then they should be able to just pay the dam 200.00 tax and buy a suppressor. the way it is now is total bs and takes about a year to approve.

Certainly not trying to start a fight here, just simply asking a question.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: hopalong] #13735803 10/19/20 02:20 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by HasBen
Tracing a modern gun to the original FFL seem pretty straightforward, but what happens after that? Doesn’t any gun that gets sold, traded, or gifted on the private market gets lost from the system pretty quickly? I would think an overwhelming number of guns in private hands full into that category.

yep, that is why beto wants to come door to door to take them.

I think they may also have ballistic info on the barrel, all my pistols have come with a single fired round in the box, why?

I asked about that when I was working part time at Academy. I was told that some States have the requirement to keep the spent casing, to send them into a State agency to put the ballistics into their data base to match against any future crime, when the gun is sold, but that Texas didn't have that requirement.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: JCG57] #13735828 10/19/20 02:45 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
My phone keeps kicking me off this site now; gotta be brief. Y’all need to discuss exactly what information a fired case can reveal; there is a lot of misinformation going around about that.

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: JCG57] #13735840 10/19/20 03:04 PM
D
DCmac Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
This looks like a good time to re-tell my shotgun recall story.

It's not just scary, it's flat out terrifying.

It was an old, by the time it got to me, JC Higgins 12G bolt action. Received a recall notice in the mail some years ago here at my current address, something about a possible bolt misfunction that could lead to shooter injury. Return the bolt in the prepaid envelope and they send a $250 check.

Why terrifying? Read on. My dad gave me the shotgun on my 12th birthday back in the 50s. He bought it from a guy he worked with who had bought it used from some other guy. By the time it got to me it had probably already had a few or maybe several owners. If I remember correctly it was so old it had a 4-digit serial number.

Recall that this was the 1950s. Gun registration...What's that? Fill out a form...what for? Not back in those days. If you had the money they sold the gun no questions asked. The first gun I bought myself I bought the fall of that same year for squirrel hunting (Higgins 22 bolt action), altho my dad was with me when I did the buying. The following year at the ripe old age of 13 I bought my first 30-30, cash and no dad with me. Back then no one of any age ever had a problem buying ammo. These were the days the local hardware store sold TNT to any farmer who had a stump or big rock to remove.

In the 50 or so years I owned it I moved over 20 times, most of those moves being out-of-state moves.
HOW THE H DID "THEY" KNOW?
HOW MUCH MORE DO "THEY" KNOW?

Fishing, a man knows a serenity of soul and peace of mind that he finds in doing nothing else, and it makes no difference whether or not he catches anything. The mind of a true fisherman is not on petty subjects.
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Jim Ford] #13735845 10/19/20 03:13 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
And just as a point of information: when I worked investigations I handled all of the traces for my agency. The ability to trace a firearm TO THE INITIAL PURCHASER resulted in my returning numerous firearms to their rightful owners — and file some felony charges on the thieves.

You claimed that in your statement above. So what is the magical database or records you would gain this owner info from?

Or... did you do as the article stated and requested this information from the BATF in the process laid out in the article?

As I stated in my post, the author of tha article you posted explaining the tracing process grossly misrepresented the process, to support her agenda. All traces go through the BATFE; there is no ‘magical database’, as you put it. Since I don’t have a computer and I have to do this on a POS iPhone, I’ll give you a very condensed version:
You must have a legitimate investigation involving the firearm. When I was doing investigations, BATFE vetted in specific persons who weee authorized to conduct traces; they weren’t open to just anybody who wanted to do one. I assume it’s still limited to a select few. The manufacturer provided the info on the date and the FFL the weapon was shipped to. FFLs log the weapons in and out of their inventories, so the FFL can go to that date in the log and find out to whom the item was transferred, assuming their paperwork is in order. Since private sales are not part of the paper trail, only FFL transactions are revealed in the trace. This is the very short version. I’m not typing a novel on a phone. If you want to drive down here I’ll give you the long version over a couple of beers.

Jim, that’s what I was looking for. The article is not meant to be a de facto step by step process, but more of an enlightening peek into what people have a major misconception on. After a FFL no longer keeps their 4473’s they go to the place in the article and they take the processes outlined in the article. If the author meant it as an industry standard publication, I too would take objection to it. But as this is for the layman or general public, it is a candid peek into the function of that branch of the BATF.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Jons3825] #13735854 10/19/20 03:26 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
And just as a point of information: when I worked investigations I handled all of the traces for my agency. The ability to trace a firearm TO THE INITIAL PURCHASER resulted in my returning numerous firearms to their rightful owners — and file some felony charges on the thieves.

You claimed that in your statement above. So what is the magical database or records you would gain this owner info from?

Or... did you do as the article stated and requested this information from the BATF in the process laid out in the article?

As I stated in my post, the author of tha article you posted explaining the tracing process grossly misrepresented the process, to support her agenda. All traces go through the BATFE; there is no ‘magical database’, as you put it. Since I don’t have a computer and I have to do this on a POS iPhone, I’ll give you a very condensed version:
You must have a legitimate investigation involving the firearm. When I was doing investigations, BATFE vetted in specific persons who weee authorized to conduct traces; they weren’t open to just anybody who wanted to do one. I assume it’s still limited to a select few. The manufacturer provided the info on the date and the FFL the weapon was shipped to. FFLs log the weapons in and out of their inventories, so the FFL can go to that date in the log and find out to whom the item was transferred, assuming their paperwork is in order. Since private sales are not part of the paper trail, only FFL transactions are revealed in the trace. This is the very short version. I’m not typing a novel on a phone. If you want to drive down here I’ll give you the long version over a couple of beers.

Jim, that’s what I was looking for. The article is not meant to be a de facto step by step process, but more of an enlightening peek into what people have a major misconception on. After a FFL no longer keeps their 4473’s they go to the place in the article and they take the processes outlined in the article. If the author meant it as an industry standard publication, I too would take objection to it. But as this is for the layman or general public, it is a candid peek into the function of that branch of the BATF.

What I got from that article was that the author was making a case for registering all firearms with the BATFE. But perhaps I’m just not a trusting soul.........

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Jim Ford] #13735901 10/19/20 04:27 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
My phone keeps kicking me off this site now; gotta be brief. Y’all need to discuss exactly what information a fired case can reveal; there is a lot of misinformation going around about that.

casing not much, spent round a lot.

no idea if they keep the ballistic info, just seems like another door for them to get in through.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: hopalong] #13735936 10/19/20 05:07 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J

casing not much, spent round a lot.

no idea if they keep the ballistic info, just seems like another door for them to get in through.

Correct. Another rung on the confiscation ladder. Neither one will tell them, “This projectile was fired by a S&W 1911, serial# xxxxxxx, owned by xxxxxxx xxxxx. But a whole lot of uneducated people are being led to believe that they will do exactly that by the libtards.

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: JCG57] #13736272 10/19/20 11:16 PM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Good thing I think guns are bad and don’t have any besides the ones holding up my elbows...Y’all can move on to the next house to check..

If I don’t register my firearms are they “illegal” firearms or just “undocumented” firearms??? Asking for a friend

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Pinkus] #13736297 10/19/20 11:40 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Pinkus
Good thing I think guns are bad and don’t have any besides the ones holding up my elbows...Y’all can move on to the next house to check..

If I don’t register my firearms are they “illegal” firearms or just “undocumented” firearms??? Asking for a friend

I imported some from mexico, they will be applying for benefits next month. roflmao

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: JCG57] #13737054 10/20/20 03:01 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: Bob Davis] #13737093 10/20/20 03:20 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

Won’t need any as all my guns were stolen last week again

Re: "Assault Rifle" Tax on Guns Already Purchased [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13737105 10/20/20 03:34 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

Won’t need any as all my guns were stolen last week again

I gave mine to a homeless dude at the intersection. He said thank you.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide