Forums59
Topics1,039,166
Posts13,960,249
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Jigman] #13734164 10/17/20 04:23 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jigman
Seems to me all he had to do was run back to weigh in by water answer the question of access by boat ,why wouldnt you do that .

That an easy point of view to take, but doing that effectively ends his fishing day. If he had enough to win at that point he may have done just that. Trailering was called and trailer he did, during fishing hours singling him out and cutting in to his fishing time was not the right call. I don't want champs mad at me but I am posting because I did the home work too, the fuel consumption the water levels the historical data , the obstacles all of it. In the end my partner and I felt like we had some thing figured out in 5 and went with it. We had a pool way up North as well but the ditch into it was just too shallow to get in, the main River was not a problem , we had enough water in our routes to get up there down to where it was Saturday and then some. I understand the pressures by competitors and even apparently one competitor's spouse and I get the tough position he was put in I really do, I dabbled in being a TD at one point and because this type of stuff I do not have the stomach for it and will never do it again. I am not Tim and Raymond's legal council but I am their friend and I don't want them looked at in an unfavorable light or by the typical online community kangaroo court. We all have our opinions of a better way this could have ended but the truth is a team with a chance at winning a significant pay out lost that chance and that is just awful. I completely disagree with how this unfolded and wish I had been standing there to offer the ride up to whomever needed the validation , we had blown it and were out of the game. I actually was just out there fun fishing sunday my partner had had enough of the Red. I would have happily hauled one of the experts up there to show them.

I will add to this and be done, Tim and I kept each other informed throughout all of our on water practice, when you go to backwaters or very remote areas there is no help if you have an accident or break down. You have to have a person know where you are and where you intend to go. We reported back and forth "off the water" or " on the water headed to" you get it. We also worked on all the research as well, figuring out water gauges , sand bar movement over the years , the historical data on the gauges , satellite imagery etc.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: leethefishking] #13734167 10/17/20 04:29 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by meP2too
The rules state that fishing areas must be accessed without the use of additional fuel. The mouth of the Sulphur River is 70 miles from red river south, not knowing the guys boat type but assuming it has a 250, will assume close to 3 hours of running up and back at WOT. A 250 gets 23 miles per hour at WOT in perfect conditions, running the Reds bends are not perfect conditions. So it is very doubtful he could run both directions and up the Sulphur without additional gas.
I would guess, that If he needed additional gas under normal tournament conditions then he violated the rules.

What you wrote here doesn’t really make any sense. I don’t know of any bass boat with a 250 that only goes 23 miles per hour and there damn sure isn’t one that gets 23 miles per gallon at wide open throttle. Could you clarify?

He meant 2-3 miles per gallon at wot.

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13734201 10/17/20 05:33 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Originally Posted by leethefishking
The rules state that fishing areas must be accessed without the use of additional fuel. The mouth of the Sulphur River is 70 miles from red river south, not knowing the guys boat type but assuming it has a 250, will assume close to 3 hours of running up and back at WOT. A 250 gets 23 miles per hour at WOT in perfect conditions, running the Reds bends are not perfect conditions. So it is very doubtful he could run both directions and up the Sulphur without additional gas.
I would guess, that If he needed additional gas under normal tournament conditions then he violated the rules.

What you wrote here doesn’t really make any sense. I don’t know of any bass boat with a 250 that only goes 23 miles per hour and there damn sure isn’t one that gets 23 miles per gallon at wide open throttle. Could you clarify?

He meant 2-3 miles per gallon at wot.

Or maybe 23 GPH at WOT.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Champion1] #13734213 10/17/20 06:03 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
since he made up a rule it matters not what he meant, he is still wrong.

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: hopalong] #13734332 10/17/20 09:32 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by hopalong

I received the email from Champs and it said "Fuel Rule is in effect". Basically it stated no auxiliary tanks are allowed. When they called for trailering, the need for auxiliary tanks went away.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Champion1] #13734359 10/17/20 09:58 PM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Sorry for the confusion, Yamaha and Mercury list fuel consumption for their 250 four stroke at 23 gallons per hour at WOT. BC championships on the Red have always prohibited carrying extra fuel or re-fueling, their standard tournament rules do not.

BassCat has a couple of boats with 60 gallon tanks other Basscats have 55 and smaller, Rangers 520’s have 55 gallons, the larger Nitros have 55, again not knowing his boat type there’s a slim change of both directions.

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: meP2too] #13734376 10/17/20 10:23 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Sorry for the confusion, Yamaha and Mercury list fuel consumption for their 250 four stroke at 23 gallons per hour at WOT. BC championships on the Red have always prohibited carrying extra fuel or re-fueling, their standard tournament rules do not.

BassCat has a couple of boats with 60 gallon tanks other Basscats have 55 and smaller, Rangers 520’s have 55 gallons, the larger Nitros have 55, again not knowing his boat type there’s a slim change of both directions.

So little of what you have stated is correct, I will just presume you actually know next to nothing regarding everything you have commented on.

weber
Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Champion1] #13734378 10/17/20 10:23 PM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
My interpretation ;
Rule 13 of BC tournaments states PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat and available to the public, so if normal conditions / non trailering prohibit access to the location without additional fuel then the area is not accessible for trailering.

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: meP2too] #13734412 10/17/20 10:49 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
My interpretation ;
Rule 13 of BC tournaments states PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat and available to the public, so if normal conditions / non trailering prohibit access to the location without additional fuel then the area is not accessible for trailering.

Put down the pipe

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13734477 10/18/20 12:19 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
70 miles is easily doable especially if you aren't hammering down wot. That's unfortunate

Yup we have run all the way to knigstown from the pavilion before in the old ox66 powered skeeter and had plenty of fuel left.

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: meP2too] #13734479 10/18/20 12:20 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
My interpretation ;

HUH??

Re: Tales from Basschamps Championship on the Red River [Re: David Burton] #13734678 10/18/20 08:15 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by David Burton
Originally Posted by hopalong

I received the email from Champs and it said "Fuel Rule is in effect". Basically it stated no auxiliary tanks are allowed. When they called for trailering, the need for auxiliary tanks went away.

I'm not on their email list, that would explain it tho.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide