texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,884
Posts13,954,795
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: teambassmanager] #13732202 10/15/20 07:28 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
October 2018 , I was fishing a local lake , walking the bank ( I only could fish the last 2 hours of that day after work ) . I was throwing weightless TRigged Senko's . Clear water , 4+ feet of visibility , no wind . I am fishing a deep edge next to a flat , hook a bass that was about 14" long --- as I am reeling it in and it's close enough to see it swimming , out of nowhere , all I see is a giant mouth come from the deep and inhale my 14" bass . My rod doubles down , I pull back -- and immediately this giant bass spits out the 14" bass , shakes it's head , flex's it's mouth then swims off . I was in shock on how big this bass was . I have caught over a dozen DD's , including my PB at 12.5lbs . This bass was way bigger . It was right next to shore when it struck , I would estimate at about 30-32 inches long , giant head , average belly size . Possibly 13-15 lbs .
If I hadn't seen it happen , I would have never known this Giant attacked my little 14" bass . Made me wonder how many times that it has happened in deeper water and just thought my bass was snagged on a limb or something .
Those giants are out there , they are just much smarter than average fish and they don't feed the same way . Sure made me think about those big swimbaits .

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: 1oldbassguy] #13732432 10/15/20 10:27 PM
U
used to be Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
U
Fun topic. First, a story about my biggest black bass. Just 10lb 5 oz. Ive had bad luck with big fish! They're hard to land. 2007/2008, 4th of july morning, new rod, new real. Birch creek, briar branch, 50-60 feet into the creek past what i called the y shaped tree. It finally fell in the last year. Yes, i still go back there at least one time every time i go to fork. 1st thing that morning, got struck, set the hook, on hookset i spooled out what seemed like10 foot of line that wrapped around every eye of my rod and some how around the handle of my reel! my wife is with me. i had to put glasses on unwrap my line from handle, then eyes of rod. I reeled the line in assuming there was no way a fish was on. when i got the slack out of line the fish had swam right to the boat. i lifted up one time and got the fish on top or just under the water. karen, get the net. the fish swam right into it. dumb luck i got it in, but i was really excited. there was a guide about 120-150 ft away in a bumblebee bass boat that weighed it for me, and we let it go on the spot.
Big fish are smart. they will hang you up, and break you off, with you looking at them.
in 1990, still fishing out of my dads old boat, at the old pond dam that they blew up years ago just north of the power lines in birch creek, i hung the fish on a buzz bait in april. the fish chased my bait down like jaws, with its back and dorsal fin out of the water. i am convinced to this day that fish weighed 20#. the reason im so convinced it was in that range is the fish came completely out of the water when it slung the buzzbait/hook over my shoulder, 10/15 feet in front of me. the fish was bigger than the 19#er they kept in the aquarium back in the day @ lake fork marina. ill never forget it, but alas, just another one that got away!

Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: teambassmanager] #13732470 10/15/20 11:04 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
I saw a guy stuff a lead weight in a fish at a "big bass tourney" and even if he would not have got caught red handed, he would not have won.

He was not just a scumbag cheater he was also an underachiever, #RR

#MFGA
Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: used to be] #13732485 10/15/20 11:19 PM
T
teambassmanager Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted by used to be
Fun topic. First, a story about my biggest black bass. Just 10lb 5 oz. Ive had bad luck with big fish! They're hard to land. 2007/2008, 4th of july morning, new rod, new real. Birch creek, briar branch, 50-60 feet into the creek past what i called the y shaped tree. It finally fell in the last year. Yes, i still go back there at least one time every time i go to fork. 1st thing that morning, got struck, set the hook, on hookset i spooled out what seemed like10 foot of line that wrapped around every eye of my rod and some how around the handle of my reel! my wife is with me. i had to put glasses on unwrap my line from handle, then eyes of rod. I reeled the line in assuming there was no way a fish was on. when i got the slack out of line the fish had swam right to the boat. i lifted up one time and got the fish on top or just under the water. karen, get the net. the fish swam right into it. dumb luck i got it in, but i was really excited. there was a guide about 120-150 ft away in a bumblebee bass boat that weighed it for me, and we let it go on the spot.
Big fish are smart. they will hang you up, and break you off, with you looking at them.
in 1990, still fishing out of my dads old boat, at the old pond dam that they blew up years ago just north of the power lines in birch creek, i hung the fish on a buzz bait in april. the fish chased my bait down like jaws, with its back and dorsal fin out of the water. i am convinced to this day that fish weighed 20#. the reason im so convinced it was in that range is the fish came completely out of the water when it slung the buzzbait/hook over my shoulder, 10/15 feet in front of me. the fish was bigger than the 19#er they kept in the aquarium back in the day @ lake fork marina. ill never forget it, but alas, just another one that got away!

DAMN THIS ONE HAD ME GLUED +1 THANKS FOR SHARING!

Bass Manager Staff 🎣
Live Action 24/7 🎥
⬇️⬇️ SIGN UP FREE ⬇️⬇️
"ᴀ sᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ ғᴏʀ
 ᴀᴠɪᴅ ʙᴀss ғɪsʜᴇʀᴍᴇɴ"
www.bassmanager.com
Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: teambassmanager] #13732512 10/15/20 11:49 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have one but will keep it to myself.....

Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: Ken A.] #13733313 10/16/20 07:29 PM
C
Captain Break-Off Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by 5Redman8
Heard many tales of GIANT bass caught in Mill Creek....sometimes mistaken for Canton City lake.

14s and 15s

I kind of felt like some were caught at Fork and claimed as a record for Mill Creek.

Other way around. I know of at least 2 fish that were Top 50 bass for years that were caught on Mill Creek and driven to LFM to be weighed in. The guy was trying to protect his 300 acre fishin hole. He fished from a Water Buster with live water dogs. Name to be withheld to protect the innocent. wink

I knew this man well, I saw him there many times while fishing there. There have been many large fish caught there that were never reported and few ever knew about. We kinda had a secret society there, don't ask, don't tell. Lol. Once the secret got out thanks to some that couldn't keep it a secret, it was never the same.

Re: Legendary fish tales [Re: Captain Break-Off] #13733447 10/16/20 09:35 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by 5Redman8
Heard many tales of GIANT bass caught in Mill Creek....sometimes mistaken for Canton City lake.

14s and 15s

I kind of felt like some were caught at Fork and claimed as a record for Mill Creek.

Other way around. I know of at least 2 fish that were Top 50 bass for years that were caught on Mill Creek and driven to LFM to be weighed in. The guy was trying to protect his 300 acre fishin hole. He fished from a Water Buster with live water dogs. Name to be withheld to protect the innocent. wink

I knew this man well, I saw him there many times while fishing there. There have been many large fish caught there that were never reported and few ever knew about. We kinda had a secret society there, don't ask, don't tell. Lol. Once the secret got out thanks to some that couldn't keep it a secret, it was never the same.

Those fish are still there, just at a new different spot. Only 3 people know where it is.
If it ever gets out 2 will die.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide