Re: Tom Herman [Re: bigfishtx] #13728484 10/12/20 05:17 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
[Linked Image]

I must say they look like a very happy couple.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728592 10/12/20 06:30 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
heard Big Sheriff was looking for a house in Horseshoe Bay

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728595 10/12/20 06:30 PM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
20-30 million to get Herman out. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem for the BMDers at UT and they are not happy with alot of stuff with the football program and other things going on on campus, so some might be done putting up money for a while. To get Urban he's going to want more than Jimbo per yr.
Herman is in over his head he got this job because he beat OU when he was at UofH, and I don't think those were his kids he beat them with.
He doesn't have much personality, he's the smartest guy in the room, and he's bent over backwards to cater to a certain group of players and has lost the team.
These guys might have a tough time winning much the rest of the way the way the team is splintered.
But there is talk that Urban is interested.

Alot of people are mad because of the direction the school has taken over the last few yrs, I guess they are trying to be like Cal east and people aren;t liking that.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728596 10/12/20 06:30 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
the alumni needs to back down

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728624 10/12/20 06:43 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Herman better be squirmin'....

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728655 10/12/20 07:17 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
holy moly^

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728696 10/12/20 07:41 PM
fisherinok Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
When Urban turns them down who is next?

1. Someone from the Pac12 - nope.
2. Someone from the Big10 - Penn State's Franklin - does well with his recruits he gets, good culture guy. Minnesota's Fleck? None really have much time recruiting Texas.
3. Someone from the ACC - the only name I think should get a thought is Clemson's DC Brent Venables - could UT stomach hiring someone who spent some much time at their hated rival? He has been linked to other jobs but it is rumored he doesn't want to go to a stepping stone head job before a bigtime one. He wants a Top 10 Power 5 job. From his time at Oklahoma he probably has recruited the heck out of Texas.
4. Big12 - Consider the Sheriff - nope. Consider stealing Jimbo just to prove they can do it and piss off ATM?
5. SEC - consider Lane Kiffin, would he leave after 1 year at Miss St? Probably but would you want him for doing it? Dan Mullen at Florida - same story as Kiffin. Also the Saban coaching tree is turning out something like Belichicks - they don't seem to have the same success as with the Patriots.

Thoughts.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: fisherinok] #13728722 10/12/20 07:59 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by fisherinok

2. Someone from the Big10 - Penn State's Franklin - does well with his recruits he gets, good culture guy. Minnesota's Fleck? None really have much time recruiting Texas.
3. Someone from the ACC - the only name I think should get a thought is Clemson's DC Brent Venables - could UT stomach hiring someone who spent some much time at their hated rival? He has been linked to other jobs but it is rumored he doesn't want to go to a stepping stone head job before a bigtime one. He wants a Top 10 Power 5 job. From his time at Oklahoma he probably has recruited the heck out of Texas.
4. Big12 - Consider the Sheriff - nope. Consider stealing Jimbo just to prove they can do it and piss off ATM?
5. SEC - consider Lane Kiffin, would he leave after 1 year at Miss St? Probably but would you want him for doing it? Dan Mullen at Florida - same story as Kiffin. Also the Saban coaching tree is turning out something like Belichicks - they don't seem to have the same success as with the Patriots.

Thoughts.

Big 12 I would consider the Kansas St coach.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Buchbass2] #13728724 10/12/20 08:00 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
Darrell Royal played at ou and still holds a few records as a defensive back. As in number of interceptions 18 and interceptions in a game, 3.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: fisherinok] #13728733 10/12/20 08:06 PM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K

Thoughts.

Fleck I like but have a feeling that job maybe to big for him, he's a he77 of a recruiter and coach and I've been really surprised he's winning at Minnesota
Venables-Idk he's such a DC I wonder how they handle stepping into such a big role at a place like UT
Franklin I think will end up at USC after they fire Helton
Kiffen would be awesome at UT IMO, he would probably pizz off a lot of people. He's a good recruiter, his offense would fit the Big12, he's a riot on SM and I'm sure would start to dig Riley like he does Saban, but I don't think he would leave Ole Miss yet he's worked to hard and long to get back to a P5 job.

The UT job is a pain in the arse, I've know coach's there over the yrs and to listen to some of the stories is crazy.
Alot of a HC's job at UT is taken away from game planning with all the BS they're obligated to.

Last edited by Kicker16; 10/12/20 08:07 PM.
Re: Tom Herman [Re: jcarring99] #13728807 10/12/20 09:20 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by jcarring99
Originally Posted by CCTX
Originally Posted by WAWI
They need to beg Mack to come back, he was the only one who did anything in that hell hole since DKR

Agree with WAWI
The problem isnโ€™t the coach, itโ€™s institutional, just like the Cowboys.

3 coaches and you have the same exact results. When do you stop blaming the coaching? I really don't know why any legitimate coach would want to come to UT. It seems like a hell hole now. Too many moving parts that are hard to control. Mack handled it the best. In hindsight.....well you know

I think tu is the poster child for what's wrong in college football at the highest level, ATM is getting a touch of it to as are other top programs, you have to win almost immediately or the "powers" that be start grumbling. Takes a while to build a program, stuff happens, expectations are through the roof and the money is too big. LSU is gonna fall outa love with coach O real quick too and he just won the whole deal last year.

Re: Tom Herman [Re: fisherinok] #13728860 10/12/20 09:47 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Thoughts.

Sheriff said too much alumni involvement
maybe they coach buc from aledo
except the NCAA wouldn't let him cheat

Re: Tom Herman [Re: butch sanders] #13728869 10/12/20 09:50 PM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by butch sanders

Thoughts.

roflmao

Re: Tom Herman [Re: Bayou Burner] #13728966 10/12/20 10:36 PM
gregpaul Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Bayou Burner
Eff Herman-Shoulda never left UH-I understand why he did but: karma

All about the $$$

Re: Tom Herman [Re: butch sanders] #13728971 10/12/20 10:44 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by butch sanders

Thoughts.

You want some toast with that jelly you carry around

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide