Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13721166 10/05/20 09:29 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Stayed at a hotel in Arkansas where the outlets were on the light poles. Plugged in after pre-fishing and had no power... asked the clerk what the deal was and was told that the plugs only were hot when the lights were on - and they were on a dusk/daylight timer. Luckily, we spoke with the maintenance guy who bypassed the timer so the 30 odd boats could charge.
Fast forward to the La Quinta in Florence, Alabama where the staff went to the store and bought stake outlets with 4 plugs to a stake and ran (seemed like) miles of extension cords so that all the boats could hook up to recharge. They also walked the lot all night (for 6 nights) so that the boats would be secure and the anglers wouldn't have to worry too much.
2 hotels, same chain - different managers.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Hair Jig] #13721250 10/05/20 11:05 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Hair Jig
Originally Posted by ezbassin
I figure that like the ramp fees. Someone is going to pay for that electricity, and if it's not included in their room charges they need to re-coup that money. I do think that $10 is a bit much, but I'd gladly pay $5 for the ability to charge my batteries at night.

That is the problem. You are willing to pay a fee for charging your boat. Others will get on this band wagon and start doing the same and everyone has to pay more. It should come with the room. What if you watch TV all night long. is there an extra charge for that since you used more electricity???

So I don’t suppose you’ve never paid for parking at a hotel or other facility either? After all the asphalt is already there. Right? What about tolls? I didn’t ask the to build those roads so why should I pay? Which of these bandwagons are YOU contributing to? Should I send you my next parking receipt?

No I have never had to pay for parking at any hotel I have stayed at. Keep your parking receipts,,,you seem to be willing to throw your money away for stuff that should not cost extra. Use common sense and stay somewhere else that doesn't charge you these fees.
Simple as that.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: ssmith] #13721251 10/05/20 11:06 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by ssmith
its really pretty simple if you dont like the way a company runs its business go somewhere else and spend your money with them.

Exactly. Plenty of others out there wanting the business.

Last edited by ezbassin; 10/05/20 11:06 PM.
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Txduckhunter] #13721260 10/05/20 11:15 PM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Stayed at a hotel in Arkansas where the outlets were on the light poles. Plugged in after pre-fishing and had no power... asked the clerk what the deal was and was told that the plugs only were hot when the lights were on - and they were on a dusk/daylight timer. Luckily, we spoke with the maintenance guy who bypassed the timer so the 30 odd boats could charge.
Fast forward to the La Quinta in Florence, Alabama where the staff went to the store and bought stake outlets with 4 plugs to a stake and ran (seemed like) miles of extension cords so that all the boats could hook up to recharge. They also walked the lot all night (for 6 nights) so that the boats would be secure and the anglers wouldn't have to worry too much.
2 hotels, same chain - different managers.

Pickwick pays the bills and they know it there.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: ezbassin] #13721299 10/05/20 11:52 PM
H
Hair Jig Offline
Angler
Angler
H
I figure that like the ramp fees. Someone is going to pay for that electricity, and if it's not included in their room charges they need to re-coup that money. I do think that $10 is a bit much, but I'd gladly pay $5 for the ability to charge my batteries at night.

That is the problem. You are willing to pay a fee for charging your boat. Others will get on this band wagon and start doing the same and everyone has to pay more. It should come with the room. What if you watch TV all night long. is there an extra charge for that since you used more electricity???

So I don’t suppose you’ve never paid for parking at a hotel or other facility either? After all the asphalt is already there. Right? What about tolls? I didn’t ask the to build those roads so why should I pay? Which of these bandwagons are YOU contributing to? Should I send you my next parking receipt?

No I have never had to pay for parking at any hotel I have stayed at. Keep your parking receipts,,,you seem to be willing to throw your money away for stuff that should not cost extra. Use common sense and stay somewhere else that doesn't charge you these fees.
Simple as that.

Well, forgive me that I prefer to stay at the better hotels that do charge for parking. And that's a choice that I make. I'm certain that you spend money on things that I would consider "throwing your money away". Life is a constant parade of choices. We all don't choose the same and that's fine.

Healed by Grace and trying to stay that way
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13722375 10/06/20 11:02 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
What hotels near a lake charge you for parking? I can see hotels in big cities charging you for parking because it is limited there and they might have their own parking space but ones at a lake?? But if you enjoy paying for parking lots go for it if it makes you happy.
There are plenty of very fine hotels that do not charge for parking.
I think it is funny, you say that you choose to stay at better hotels that charge you parking but in another thread you aren't sure if you should change breaker in your boat and from the picture you posted, it is totally junk, but hey its like you said it is up to you to decide what to spend your money on.

Last edited by ezbassin; 10/06/20 11:25 PM.
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13722416 10/06/20 11:48 PM
H
Hair Jig Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Jeez Man ...... You're grabbing at straws for the sole sake of an argument.

If you go back and actually READ the thread about the breaker you will see (if you can open your eyes long enough) that there is a laughing emoticon there. Any person could figure out that it was posted in jest.

And when exactly did I say I paid for parking at the lake? You're once again simply reading what you want to see. Just because I prefer to stay with my family at upscale hotels and you don't is no reason to get all wadded up.

Back away from the keyboard and calm down before you strain yourself ................

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13722478 10/07/20 12:53 AM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Calm down their chief, you might just trip a breaker if it works...LOL (laughing emotion there). You were exactly right when you said that you are sure that I spend money on things that you would think were a waste of money. Correct. I would rather waste my money on quality fishing equipment than paying for parking at upscale hotels ANY DAY. There are plenty of fancy hotels all over the place that do not charge for parking, but hey it is up to you to spend your money on whatever you choose, whatever makes you happy, so don't go blow a gasket just because I don't share your viewpoint. Maybe you should check into one of those fancy hotels so you can relax, have room service bring you something. You are too worked up. While you do that, I will head to the tackle shop. Both of us will be relaxed.

Last edited by ezbassin; 10/07/20 01:00 AM.
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13722492 10/07/20 01:11 AM
H
Hair Jig Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Who's blowing a gasket? I'm actually laughing so hard it hurts ......

I have lots of things in my life that concern me or are troublesome. You ain't one of them.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13723135 10/07/20 05:16 PM
O
OK Bass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
I gota jump in here, According to the internet a 3 ton AC 3 s, uses 30 KWH a day on the average, X 13 cents a kwh = $ 3.90 a day, someone please correct me if i'm wrong. A 4 bank battery charger has to use , what, a 1/4 of this at best or less, I'm a motel owner, please come park your boat and charge your boat for FREE.

Last edited by OK Bass; 10/07/20 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: OK Bass] #13723160 10/07/20 05:32 PM
Brent S Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by OK Bass
I gota jump in here, According to the internet a 3 ton AC 3 s, uses 30 KWH a day on the average, X 13 cents a kwh = $ 3.90 a day, someone please correct me if i'm wrong. A 4 bank battery charger has to use , what, a 1/4 of this at best or less, I'm a motel owner, please come park your boat and charge your boat for FREE.

Exactly. Less than a dollar per night.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: OK Bass] #13723266 10/07/20 07:58 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by OK Bass

A 10 amp bank on a battery charger has an efficiency loss of less than 10% on any decent "smart" charger. If I allow 10% wattage loss for that, assume 4 banks, and assume all four banks run a full 6 hours at the full 10A rate (they won't, typically), I come up with 3.5 kwH. At $0.13/kwH, that's a robust FORTY-SIX CENTS! Even if it ran 12 hours, that's 92 cents. So, you're guesses were correct.

Last edited by Flippin-Out; 10/07/20 08:02 PM.
Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Brent S] #13723305 10/07/20 08:39 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Maybe some of you guys should start going around to the lakes and convincing them that they should not be charging a launch fee since it costs virtually nothing once the ramp is put in. Doesn't matter if it uses 5 cents in electricity or $500. They have the right to charge a fee if they decide to and you have a right to stay somewhere else.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Bobby Milam] #13723338 10/07/20 09:06 PM
Brent S Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Maybe some of you guys should start going around to the lakes and convincing them that they should not be charging a launch fee since it costs virtually nothing once the ramp is put in. Doesn't matter if it uses 5 cents in electricity or $500. They have the right to charge a fee if they decide to and you have a right to stay somewhere else.

True, we can stay somewhere else. I would make sure from now on to ask before booking a room if they are going to charge any stupid fees to charge a boat.

Re: Motel Boat Charging Fee [Re: Bobby Milam] #13723339 10/07/20 09:08 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

Two totally different things. If i stay in a hotel i expect electricity to be included. If i just pull in and ask if i can plug my boat in. I expect to get charged for it. If i stay at a lakeside hotel that has a ramp. The use of that ramp is always free while staying there. If i just show up to use the ramp. I expect to get charged

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide