Forums59
Topics1,038,813
Posts13,953,222
Members144,178
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: TxBassSniper] #13717776 10/02/20 11:18 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by John Peebles
No harm no foul, you can't block a creek miles long so only you have access to it. However, I would side with the guys already fishing if they didn't have their poles anchored and the creek is that tight all the way back.
It doesn't really apply in this case, but when I encounter someone I intend to go around I always ask them if they want me to go around on the outside or inside.

I will take a minute and speak with them , assure them that I am going way up or back I won’t do the get a hundred yards ahead and fish play without them inviting me to do so. And that’s only if I am fishing at a much faster pace.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Jimfishes] #13718007 10/02/20 03:13 PM
Insurance man Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by River Man
I didn't like anything about it. Very disrespectful in my opinion. He should have found a different creek when he saw the guy fishing at the mouth of the creek. I would have hit some other spots and come back to this area later.

This... he would not have liked my answer if he came up to me like that. That creek was wide enough for one boat and first come first served....find another spot on a really big lake and quit being a turd!

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718147 10/02/20 04:50 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I definitely wouldn't approach someone in front of me at that speed and almost hit their boat, that's the issue I see. The conversation was handled pretty decent, probably better than I would have handled it but it got resolved and nothing out of hand. I guess it could have been handled a little more diplomatic but I'm not the best at that either. I just don't like going in front of someone because I sure don't like it when someone cuts in front of me. If the guy is just sitting there with power poles down then I'd ask what his/her plan is.

Last edited by C130; 10/02/20 04:53 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718376 10/02/20 09:09 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I would have announced my intentions and come to an agreement before approaching within casting difference. Definitely wouldn’t have been rubbing rails with the guy.

Don’t think the guy was attempting to block a creek. He was fishing a narrow creek and happened to be in the middle.

Thought you had to ask permission before you approached another boat within a certain distance? Guess it doesn’t apply if in the right of way.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718395 10/02/20 09:32 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Definitely a [censored] [censored] thing to do. I understand not blocking the creek, but talk to the guy before you come blowing in there and almost crash into his boat. Courtesy goes a long ways. If he says he has as much "creek" fishing experience as he says he does, he should know that communication goes along way prior to creating a confrontation (which in this case was avoided, but very narrowly and only because the other guy was overly nice).

If I was the other guy and he came in on me like that I would explain to him that I'm not "blocking" a navigable waterway, I'm just navigating my way to the back very slowly and fishing as I go. He could either fish behind me in that creek or go find another creek (based on definition, as long as the boat is moving I wouldn't be blocking anything). Based on draw, he would get it first the next day.

If I was in his position and I saw a boat at the mouth of the creek, I'd have never even tried to get in there no matter how long it was... creek was way too narrow.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Chasin Hogs] #13718429 10/02/20 10:16 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
click bait that's working.
Yes he came up on the guy to fast and aggressively but was handled fine. Hardly a newsworthy confrontation. But I agree w/Chasin Hogs^^^^^. Bradley doesn’t care one bit about what I think about the incident....only cares that I “click”!

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13718486 10/02/20 11:24 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bullet20XrD
Definitely a [censored] [censored] thing to do. I understand not blocking the creek, but talk to the guy before you come blowing in there and almost crash into his boat. Courtesy goes a long ways. If he says he has as much "creek" fishing experience as he says he does, he should know that communication goes along way prior to creating a confrontation (which in this case was avoided, but very narrowly and only because the other guy was overly nice).

If I was the other guy and he came in on me like that I would explain to him that I'm not "blocking" a navigable waterway, I'm just navigating my way to the back very slowly and fishing as I go. He could either fish behind me in that creek or go find another creek (based on definition, as long as the boat is moving I wouldn't be blocking anything). Based on draw, he would get it first the next day.

Yeah, that wouldn't have worked at all.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13718503 10/02/20 11:37 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

If I was in his position and I saw a boat at the mouth of the creek, I'd have never even tried to get in there no matter how long it was... creek was way too narrow.

Lol

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718520 10/02/20 11:43 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Little gamesmanship, it happens

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13718521 10/02/20 11:44 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
[align:right][/align]

Boat wasn't moving. His poles were down. I view the definition of that as being anchored. Now Hallman did say that he thought the guy was anchored because he broke off. I agree he came in hotter than he should have.

Last edited by SAKS; 10/02/20 11:56 PM.
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718530 10/02/20 11:52 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
popcorn2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718545 10/03/20 12:10 AM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
When he was on the big tour, would he have approached Kevin or Clunn the same way? I doubt it....

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13718596 10/03/20 01:37 AM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

I thought it was handled well. The boat actually was blocking the entrance. He was anchored with his PP. Both guys handled it very well.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: Douglas J] #13718715 10/03/20 07:26 AM
F
Fisherdad58 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Fisherdad58
I would say that Hallman guy got way inside of some ones personal space in a very aggressive way, without permission or invitation. That's very rude and I guess being in the big tournament entitles him to be that way.
Rayburn is a huge lake.

Offended and cry "victim" much?

Nope...but can't tolerate rude behavior(like you're exhibiting right there). Something has to be said about it.

If those guys know each other then it's perfectly normal behavior.
As it's been said. Click bait.

"Be as straight as you can be and as crooked as you have to be, for what's right"

Psalm 8
Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation [Re: texasfisherman1] #13718729 10/03/20 08:27 AM
C
Chasin Hogs Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
He almost made the top 100. I guess it was worth it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide