Forums59
Topics1,039,207
Posts13,960,975
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13696299 09/10/20 12:05 PM
J
Jugline Willy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Originally Posted by SteveBob
Once again a new recipe to me but it sounds as if it has the makings of a fine dinner. Doe's it go well with a chilled Lone Star Beer Longnecks? If so set me a place at the table... I'm ready to eat LOL!!! Thank you Willy for the interesting recipe. I look forward to trying it. Does it work with other fish or meats. It sounds as if it would.

SB

Yeah it does. Also used red snapper and mahi. Good stuff.

High Tech Redneck
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13697857 09/11/20 08:21 PM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Today I was lazy and really did not want to make a huge mess or spend a lot of time cooking. But I was in the mood for something savory. I looked in the pantry and saw a can of cream of mushroom soup and some rotini macaroni. So here I go again. I buttered and lemon dripped two large catfish filets and halved them into 4 large thick shingles. I broiled the fish until golden brown. I heated the soup to a rolling boil. I added fresh garlic to taste, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of Original A1 steak sauce. 1 tablespoon of la choy soy sauce to the soup and let the mixture boil for 5 minutes. I then added the whole broiled fish filets into the pot of soup unbroken and stacked one at a time so the soup surrounded each piece of meat. I turned down the temp to simmer for 10 minutes. I cooked the rotini per package aldonate while the soup simmered.

Once the noodles were done. I used a ladle and mixed the fish now in chunks with the soup. I made a bowl of noodles and smothered them with mushroom fish soup mixture. I then sprinkled on fresh grated parmesan cheese and served next to Pop n Fresh Pillsbury jumbo croissants.

If you are down in the dumps...… This meal will put some snap back in yer breeches my friends. As comforting as comfort food gets. It went well with the cooler temps over the last few days too. A good Texas sweet white wine and or ice cold Lone Star Longnecks go as good as ice tea or home made Lemon-Aid with this rich savory family meal.

If I was not so darned lazy...… Margaritas would also do the trick as a great side beverage for this light dinner idea. So I guess Lone Star it is.... LOL!!!!

Last edited by SteveBob; 09/11/20 08:49 PM.
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13697870 09/11/20 08:34 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Damn! I gotta keep some fish this weekend and whip somethin up...y’all are making me hungry! grill

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13697884 09/11/20 09:01 PM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Azul my friend..... That was the plan all along...…. I'm glad to see it working so well.....

And remember.... If you have any good recipes please share em.

It's not like your drawing a map to your favorite fishing hideey hole or sumthin....LOL!!!

Till next time bent rods and frisky fish to all of you.

SB

Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13698028 09/12/20 01:25 AM
L
lovetofish10 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I think it would be fun to try the pickled fish. We like to try new recipes

Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: lovetofish10] #13698158 09/12/20 06:17 AM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Originally Posted by lovetofish10
I think it would be fun to try the pickled fish. We like to try new recipes

We have added it as Steve Bob's official family snack .We make em up for our family gatherings or any time we have mustard tater salad on the table..

Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13698217 09/12/20 12:03 PM
M
MathGeek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13698488 09/12/20 06:21 PM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S

Tasty Catfish Patties

Catfish Patties:
3 cups cooked catfish fillets
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped celery
1 cup shredded or mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
Cracker crumbs, ground in blender
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons canola oil

Garlic-Butter Sauce:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced
4 teaspoons flour
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon dried dill (optional)

Mix or grind the catfish fillets, onion, celery and potatoes together. Now add the salt, pepper and egg together. Form into patties. Heat butter and canola oil in a skillet on medium-high and roll the patties in the crushed cracker crumbs (say that 5 times fast). Fry the patties until they are golden brown on each side. To make the sauce, heat the garlic and butter in a saucepan on medium. Whisk in the flour until it forms a smooth paste. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes while whisking the sauce. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve garlic-butter sauce with catfish patties.

Works well with any type of panfish.

Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: MathGeek] #13698491 09/12/20 06:32 PM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Originally Posted by MathGeek

Yum!!!

Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13712815 09/27/20 12:12 PM
B
Billy Goat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
this is a great thread. smile

I havent tried any of these yet, but intend to.

that pickled fish thing appeals to me, cause I love pickled stuff.

the pecan crusted cats + poblano cream sauce seems like a weird combo too, but I love all the components, so will definitely try that too.

"a hook out of water will only catch a fisherman"
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13714260 09/28/20 06:36 PM
S
Strat2277 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I love to use catfish for blackened fish tacos. I take my catfish filets and cover them with oil, cajun seasoning, and paprika. Broil them on high for 8 to 10 minutes and serve in a corn tortilla with coleslaw. You may need to flip the catfish midway through if you have thick filets. Its a quick and easy meal my whole family loves.

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Steven Wright
Re: Share your favorite catfish recipe [Re: SteveBob] #13714875 09/29/20 07:11 AM
S
SteveBob Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Strat2277,

That sounds good. Yum!!!

When I was in N.C. we used to have a block party that we called the tropical feast maybe 1 or 2 times a year celebrating surviving tropical storms and hurricanes. We partied for any reason LOL!!! As a tropical feast Of course that meant at least one roasted pig. But there were lots of other meats involved as well as sides. I wont go into the alcohol consumed LOL!!! I learned a lot about cooking and seasoning there. My neighbor cooked a typical blackened catfish for tacos. But his tacos were anything but typical. He started with 10" flour tortillas, loaded with a bed of chopped lettuce, pieces of catfish, chopped walnuts, a spritz of lemon & orange juice, topped off with either toasted coconut or chilled blackberry jam. It goes really well with blackened river eels too.

I don't know where that memory came from but your description somehow brought back a lot of great memories from some deep well in my brain.

Thank you.

Last edited by SteveBob; 09/29/20 09:50 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide