texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,749
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: JackMason] #13710387 09/24/20 07:13 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Having cams clearly could back their story of how it went down and all culpability would be on the cop shooter.

“Culpability would be on the cop shooter”???

I’m just a simple ole country boy...your modern world confuses me. Some things were as basic and true back in my day as they are today. I don’t need to see a duck wearing a co2 triggered PFD in order to believe their “we can float” story.

To answer your question... if it happened as reported, then all blame should lay with the boyfriend whom shot at the leo's

Hey man, pay no attention to carp I post. If the TFF had a firewall for non-sequiturs, insane ramblings and shenanigans my post count would be zero.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Davedave] #13710393 09/24/20 07:21 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
How many of y'alls professions have a failure rate 1 tens of thousands of a percentage point??

If the only measure of failure is someone dying, then I would guess the vast majority blow that away. Hell, my career has been perfect if that’s the only way to measure a mistake.

Obviously you understand what I am saying....tens of millions of LE/citizen contacts annually....LE shoots about 1000 people annually.....a dozen or so are bad? Humans under THE CIRCUMSTANCES FACED can't be more perfect....to not see that is just lying to yourself

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710403 09/24/20 07:29 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I think it was all just an unfortunate blunder.

The cops did knock (or bang) on the door.

Did the cops identify themselves ? I am not sure

The boyfriend has a licensed firearm.
The boyfriend may have thought it was her ex thug boyfriend
The boyfriend and cops both shot prematurely

It is mainly the cops fault and the boyfriend as well..

And the Liberal Media lied and didn't know the actual facts and reported it like they always do. "Like Sheet"

Last edited by Bentman63; 09/24/20 07:30 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: bigfishtx] #13710445 09/24/20 08:16 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

Are you saying that LEOs should change their methods for executing warrants?

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

What I'm saying is the cops had a choice in how they served the warrant. They could have detained her and her boyfriend through a traffic stop, for example. It just seems like they had options that were less dangerous for them and the suspects. I have not read or heard anything that indicated the police should have expected that she was likely to be violent.

BTW, I disagree that whatever the police do is justifiable because the person is a suspect.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Sawhorse] #13710447 09/24/20 08:19 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Having cams clearly could back their story of how it went down and all culpability would be on the cop shooter.

“Culpability would be on the cop shooter”???

I’m just a simple ole country boy...your modern world confuses me. Some things were as basic and true back in my day as they are today. I don’t need to see a duck wearing a co2 triggered PFD in order to believe their “we can float” story.

To answer your question... if it happened as reported, then all blame should lay with the boyfriend whom shot at the leo's

Hey man, pay no attention to carp I post. If the TFF had a firewall for non-sequiturs, insane ramblings and shenanigans my post count would be zero.

roflmao

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Ted Dyer] #13710519 09/24/20 09:40 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

Are you saying that LEOs should change their methods for executing warrants?

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

What I'm saying is the cops had a choice in how they served the warrant. They could have detained her and her boyfriend through a traffic stop, for example. It just seems like they had options that were less dangerous for them and the suspects. I have not read or heard anything that indicated the police should have expected that she was likely to be violent.

BTW, I disagree that whatever the police do is justifiable because the person is a suspect.

I hear what you’re saying. What I’m trying to say is that if a person quits doing illegal things the chances for things like what happened in this case drop to nothing or near nothing.

It’s a lifestyle some people choose, the consequences of that choice are well known.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: RickS.] #13710846 09/25/20 04:58 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RickS.
I've gotten to the point that I don't pay much attention to any of these types of stories anymore. It doesn't matter what the findings are by the courts, DA, grand jury, or anyone else involved in the judicial process. People still won't be satisfied. It's just an excuse to destroy property and violently attack people at this point.

Read a bunch of comments on the conditions of the two Louisville officers shot last night. Lost track of how many commenters made of point of saying they would pray for the black cop. This is where we're at as a society.

Well said.

[Linked Image]
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710919 09/25/20 12:03 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
A couple things now identified of the shooting.

Breonna Taylor's apartment had no trace of drugs. The officers claimed her former boyfriend and current friend Glover was using her apartment to receive drugs. He was seen leaving her apartment with a package the agents said the post office had delivered. A postal inspector said that they were asked to monitor packages to her apartment but they had found NO packages of concern that were left at her apartment.
Taylor's family, Glover and her current boyfriend all said Breonna Taylor made it clear that she would not tolerate any drugs in her apartment.

There was one person out of 13 witnesses who said the police had identified themselves before breaking down the door and the defendants lawyers say he has now changed his testimony. They asked the DA if they had given the grand jury evidence of all of the witnesses or just the one who said he heard them identify themselves and the DA would not say.

What may be telling on that is that the DA, the day after the FBI said they were going to look into the shooting, dropped the charges against the man who shot the police officer during the raid. To drop charges after he was indicted only because the shooting was being investigated by the feds is troubling.
What will happen next is not known. It will be interesting to hear what comes out of the FBI investigation.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Allison1] #13711034 09/25/20 01:49 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Allison1
A couple things now identified of the shooting.

Breonna Taylor's apartment had no trace of drugs. The officers claimed her former boyfriend and current friend Glover was using her apartment to receive drugs. He was seen leaving her apartment with a package the agents said the post office had delivered. A postal inspector said that they were asked to monitor packages to her apartment but they had found NO packages of concern that were left at her apartment.
Taylor's family, Glover and her current boyfriend all said Breonna Taylor made it clear that she would not tolerate any drugs in her apartment.

There was one person out of 13 witnesses who said the police had identified themselves before breaking down the door and the defendants lawyers say he has now changed his testimony. They asked the DA if they had given the grand jury evidence of all of the witnesses or just the one who said he heard them identify themselves and the DA would not say.

What may be telling on that is that the DA, the day after the FBI said they were going to look into the shooting, dropped the charges against the man who shot the police officer during the raid. To drop charges after he was indicted only because the shooting was being investigated by the feds is troubling.
What will happen next is not known. It will be interesting to hear what comes out of the FBI investigation.

Just adding a note or 2: The one witness that said the officers identified themselves prior to breaking in the door, was a person that was in the stairwell/hallway near the apartment. No resident of any apartments in the building that were inside their apartments heard the officers identify themselves. So they announced, just not loud enough to be heard. It appears, from reporting, that at least one of the officers had a camera device on his person but it's unknown if it was off or not. That is one of the items that the family was trying to get turned over/released so they could see what was on it or if it was off. https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/lmpd-...a31d070-eebe-11ea-8dac-1f2491f002dc.html

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13711037 09/25/20 01:51 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
If anyone was at fault here, it was clearly her ex boyfriend. all this is because of him.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13711040 09/25/20 01:54 PM
E
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
If anyone was at fault here, it was clearly her ex boyfriend. all this is because of him.

That and whoever falsified items to get the warrant for Taylor's apartment.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13711093 09/25/20 02:51 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Have the people who falsified these items to get the warrant being arrested, charged, or investigated? I had not read anything about them.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: HasBen] #13711096 09/25/20 02:54 PM
E
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by HasBen
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Have the people who falsified these items to get the warrant being arrested, charged, or investigated? I had not read anything about them.

From what I have seen, no. Only that the city changed procedures to make sure it doesn't happen going forward by having supervisor reviews and so forth. Not that that really changes anything, just slows down the legitimate ones.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13711120 09/25/20 03:28 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
guess her lawyer felt stiffed by the 12 million, he was on crying about the grand jury and how corrupt the legal system is when they won't release secret documents.

demanding they release the full unredacted transcript, what a maroon.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: hopalong] #13711137 09/25/20 03:51 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by hopalong
guess her lawyer felt stiffed by the 12 million, he was on crying about the grand jury and how corrupt the legal system is when they won't release secret documents.

demanding they release the full unredacted transcript, what a maroon.

Come on man, I'd be raising hell too. A cop gets shot, a person shot and killed and no one is charged with anything other than a cop outside recklessly shooting. Sounds like the 12 million was just "let it go" money. Something is not right with all of this.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide