D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by soggybottom
If she hadn't been guilty of being poor then she wouldn't have been murdered. pretty simple.

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time here.

Do you really expect anything else from him?

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710174 09/24/20 03:44 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
The discussion has been fairly reasonable so far. Please don't let it degrade in to personal attacks.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: soggybottom] #13710177 09/24/20 03:47 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
If she hadn't been guilty of being poor then she wouldn't have been murdered. pretty simple.
Soggy, by that rationale all poor people should get a pass for dealing drugs and committing drug murders!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: WAWI] #13710182 09/24/20 03:51 PM
D
DI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by WAWI

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time here.

Agreed, what the hell does her net worth have to do with being laid up with a wanna be ganster that shoots at cops?

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710183 09/24/20 03:52 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Why wasn't the boyfriend charged? He shot at the police which resulted in cops returning fire subsequently killing the girl.

he was initially. they dropped the charges.

Any idea why they dropped the charges?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charges-against-breonna-taylor-s-boyfriend-dropped-now-n1213501

Interesting. That was written back in May. Seems to me that if he shot at the cops after the cops identified themselves attempted murder would be filed and charges filed against him for the girls death as well. Put the blame where the blame should be and a lot what we have now could have been avoided. Just doesn't make sense. Is there body cam footage that support the officers account?

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: leethefishking] #13710186 09/24/20 03:53 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Soggy, by that rationale all poor people should get a pass for dealing drugs and committing drug murders!

Dang Soggy, that's some crazy thinking there!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710189 09/24/20 03:53 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Dont participate in criminal activities. Dont knowingly associate with those that do, if you have an interaction with LEO dont act stupid, fight, run etc. If you feel your rights are being violated call a lawyer. If you follow that recipe there is a real good chance that you wont get shot be police. With very few exceptions everyone who gets shot broke one of those rules. The wellness check went bad in fort worth. The police shooting at the dog, the old man shot in his garage and the poor guy eating ice cream on his couch (she wasnt acting as LEO at time) are notable exceptions. 3 of those were not poor and I believe 2 were white.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: soggybottom] #13710190 09/24/20 03:54 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

She may or may not have been poor (drug dealing can be quite profitable), and she was not murdered. Other than that you make a brilliant point.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: JackMason] #13710196 09/24/20 04:00 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by leethefishking

Dang Soggy, that's some crazy thinking there!

hey, if yall can make super ridiculous judgmental points so can I. L

pledge= fishstick
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710209 09/24/20 04:13 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I've gotten to the point that I don't pay much attention to any of these types of stories anymore. It doesn't matter what the findings are by the courts, DA, grand jury, or anyone else involved in the judicial process. People still won't be satisfied. It's just an excuse to destroy property and violently attack people at this point.

Read a bunch of comments on the conditions of the two Louisville officers shot last night. Lost track of how many commenters made of point of saying they would pray for the black cop. This is where we're at as a society.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Jpurdue] #13710211 09/24/20 04:13 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
It’s interesting that a lot of people who are upset she was killed want to ban all no knock warrants, when it reality had the police never knocked/announced she’d likely still be alive.

Good point, I'm not ex military or anything like that, but I think the whole sneak attack methodology is meant to keep all parties from suffering deadly gunfire. I could be wrong though.

I could be completely wrong, but my understanding is that no knock warrants are used almost exclusively so folks don't have time to flush drugs or other evidence down the toilet.

Yes, it seems all of the stuff above (H.Town, BCBass, JPurdue) is part of the rationale. I don’t know if it’s the definitive case or not, but in a 2006 U.S. Supreme Court case (Hudson v. Michigan), there’s ample discussion. Focus of the case was around the Fourth Amendment, knock and announce, illegal entry...etc., but no knock was discussed during oral arguments for the case.

Hudson v. Michigan

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710221 09/24/20 04:27 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Ted Dyer] #13710228 09/24/20 04:35 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

Are you saying that LEOs should change their methods for executing warrants?

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710232 09/24/20 04:39 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Bottom line,if her scum boyfriend had not fired a shot at the police, there’d both be alive today! Decisions have consequences!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: bigfishtx] #13710234 09/24/20 04:40 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by forkduc
Bottom line,if her scum boyfriend had not fired a shot at the police, there’d both be alive today! Decisions have consequences!

Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

Are you saying that LEOs should change their methods for executing warrants?

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

unless they get the wrong address or make up evidence to get a warrant.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide