Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: bigfishtx] #13710239 09/24/20 04:44 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

Are you saying that LEOs should change their methods for executing warrants?

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

Negative. Law enforcement should be held accountable for mistakes. This is a ridiculous example. But, if BigBob rolls through a stop sign, and a cop shoots him in the face, I don’t believe Bob has 100% culpability.

To be honest, I don’t much care what happened to this lady. That’s because I suspect she was a scumbag. But, as much as I don’t like it. Scumbags have rights also. Cops have a tough job. I wouldn’t want the job. But, they should be held responsible for mistakes, just like everyone else.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Davedave] #13710249 09/24/20 04:52 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Davedave
I don't know all of the details and I doubt any of us do. What I find interesting is that everyone responds to this as if the police have little or no culpability when, in fact, they chose the rules of engagement. I'm sure a LEO on here can better explain the pros and cons of the military style approach, but It would seem to me they could have detained her and her boyfriend in a much more benign manner and then been able to enter the residence when no one was present. They had to know, or reasonably assume, there we people home at the time of entry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like they chose the most dangerous approach.

I don’t agree with no knock warrants, but the LEOs were doing their job. 100% culpability is on the law breakers. Break the law and you own what happens to you.

Negative. Law enforcement should be held accountable for mistakes. This is a ridiculous example. But, if BigBob rolls through a stop sign, and a cop shoots him in the face, I don’t believe Bob has 100% culpability.

To be honest, I don’t much care what happened to this lady. That’s because I suspect she was a scumbag. But, as much as I don’t like it. Scumbags have rights also. Cops have a tough job. I wouldn’t want the job. But, they should be held responsible for mistakes, just like everyone else.

nannyboo

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: JackMason] #13710257 09/24/20 04:55 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by JackMason

Interesting. That was written back in May. Seems to me that if he shot at the cops after the cops identified themselves attempted murder would be filed and charges filed against him for the girls death as well. Put the blame where the blame should be and a lot what we have now could have been avoided. Just doesn't make sense. Is there body cam footage that support the officers account?

The officers were plain clothes officers, they were not wearing body cams. Only one neighbor testified that they had heard the officers announce thenselves. The boyfriend claims they did not hear it in their apartment. That there was a knock, then someone kicked in the door and he thought it was a break in so he fired his gun to protect himself and his girlfriend. Sometimes there is no blame in a situation. In this case, the officers were legally entering under the warrant. The boyfriend had a right to defend within the home if he didn't hear them say they were officers. Just a bad situation all around.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Davedave] #13710262 09/24/20 05:01 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Davedave

Davedave, come on man, grin Comparing the execution of a warrant to a traffic violation is not even fruit to vegetable comparison, you're right, it's ridiculous.

Here's something back, just how much coddling should LEOs be forced to do when executing legal warrants? Should they wait till everyone is up and had breakfast? Should they make sure it's not a nap time?

Once again, no knock warrants IMO are not right, unless there's 100% validation of who's in the house. But if a warrant is issued, the LEO has to execute it. The person that broke the law in the first place owns everything that happens from that point forward.... 2cents

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13710267 09/24/20 05:04 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Interesting. That was written back in May. Seems to me that if he shot at the cops after the cops identified themselves attempted murder would be filed and charges filed against him for the girls death as well. Put the blame where the blame should be and a lot what we have now could have been avoided. Just doesn't make sense. Is there body cam footage that support the officers account?

The officers were plain clothes officers, they were not wearing body cams. Only one neighbor testified that they had heard the officers announce thenselves. The boyfriend claims they did not hear it in their apartment. That there was a knock, then someone kicked in the door and he thought it was a break in so he fired his gun to protect himself and his girlfriend. Sometimes there is no blame in a situation. In this case, the officers were legally entering under the warrant. The boyfriend had a right to defend within the home if he didn't hear them say they were officers. Just a bad situation all around.

And Emit, that's exactly why I don't think no knock warrants are good. I'm pretty sure a lot on here would be firing their weapon if anyone kicked the door in. Any bad guy could be at the door saying "open up, Police". Kicking the door in puts everyone at risk.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710280 09/24/20 05:15 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
If these LEO's didn't have body cams on or activated during a late night raid then that's just plain stupid. In today's climate and distrust of leo's, CYA is the name of the game! Having cams clearly could back their story of how it went down and all culpability would be on the cop shooter. Case closed! Something ain't right

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: forkduc] #13710296 09/24/20 05:31 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by forkduc
Bottom line,if her scum boyfriend had not fired a shot at the police, there’d both be alive today! Decisions have consequences!

I think there is pretty good evidence that the boyfriend didn’t realize he was shooting at the police.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710297 09/24/20 05:31 PM
96speed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I guess I've been living under a rock lately-- Just read that Breonna Taylor returned a rental car with a dead body inside in 2016 and claimed to know nothing about it.

I'm of the mindset that everyone has problems. However, there comes a point where you have to take responsibility for the company you keep. I've had to cut people out of my life that were higher risk than I was comfortable with because I have a responsibility to my family. I don't think we will ever know the whole story, but I'm not buying the "innocent women gunned down by police" narrative.

Female drivers = No survivors
Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: JackMason] #13710317 09/24/20 05:42 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Having cams clearly could back their story of how it went down and all culpability would be on the cop shooter.

“Culpability would be on the cop shooter”???

I’m just a simple ole country boy...your modern world confuses me. Some things were as basic and true back in my day as they are today. I don’t need to see a duck wearing a co2 triggered PFD in order to believe their “we can float” story.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: 96speed] #13710334 09/24/20 06:04 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by 96speed
I guess I've been living under a rock lately-- Just read that Breonna Taylor returned a rental car with a dead body inside in 2016 and claimed to know nothing about it.

I'm of the mindset that everyone has problems. However, there comes a point where you have to take responsibility for the company you keep. I've had to cut people out of my life that were higher risk than I was comfortable with because I have a responsibility to my family. I don't think we will ever know the whole story, but I'm not buying the "innocent women gunned down by police" narrative.

Lol, add not driving around with dead body in trunk to my earlier list

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: 96speed] #13710337 09/24/20 06:06 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob

do you have a link to that story?

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Sawhorse] #13710346 09/24/20 06:20 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Having cams clearly could back their story of how it went down and all culpability would be on the cop shooter.

“Culpability would be on the cop shooter”???

I’m just a simple ole country boy...your modern world confuses me. Some things were as basic and true back in my day as they are today. I don’t need to see a duck wearing a co2 triggered PFD in order to believe their “we can float” story.

To answer your question... if it happened as reported, then all blame should lay with the boyfriend whom shot at the leo's

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710347 09/24/20 06:20 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

There are quite a few. https://www.google.com/search?clien...ned+a+rental+car+with+a+dead+body+inside

Her ex boyfriend supposedly drove that car and the police put out a warrant for his arrest over the matter if I read a couple of them right.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13710349 09/24/20 06:23 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
It seems that a lot of these incidents happen because the cops rush to take control of the situation in a more aggressive manner than is necessary. Apparently, the police had reason to believe illegal activity had been occurring (Though no evidence was apparently found in the residence), or they wouldn't have received the warrant. The perceived accomplice who had been picking up packages at the address had been arrested earlier. Why not wait it out until they had more input from him before bashing the door in and putting everyone at danger. These rush to actions have put this country in a world of hurt. Training, supervision, and procedures need to change - especially right now when the entire country is a powder keg. Several of these could have been avoided entirely if common sense, sensible judgement, and patience had been used.

Re: Breonna Taylor [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13710350 09/24/20 06:25 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

There are quite a few. https://www.google.com/search?clien...ned+a+rental+car+with+a+dead+body+inside

Her ex boyfriend supposedly drove that car and the police put out a warrant for his arrest over the matter if I read a couple of them right.

I wouldn't consider any of those as credible. just cause it's printed doesn't make it wo.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide