Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13691781 09/05/20 01:17 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
I hope I can paint the visual.
Last two years of high school we moved to Flower Mound when it had 350 people. Nearly everyone that lived in the area was a airline pilot for Braniff or American.
They were a fairly whacked section of humanity. That said this sets up the prank.

The road off the FM road was a straight line rising up a medium hill. We got the genius idea to swipe a sisters mannequin. Put jeans and a t shirt and laid it face flat in a little dip in the road. Maybe two cars came by both hit the brakes then drove off.

Then the real rube showed up. We heard the Porsche turn off the highway and just banging it hard. Probably was running 90 when he encountered the dummy in the road. We heard the wife scream ol’ Frank hit the brakes and dead square runs it over. Wife is hysterical now, cussing Frank you killed him you sob I told you to slow down!! He gains his senses put it in reverse and ran over it again. More screams. He gets out stumbled up to it and sort of kicked it which caused the head to roll off. More screams. He finally figured it out and when he did he became instantly enraged. He opened the front trunk and threw the mannequin in. Slams the door went back to the car, grabs his pistol and just sprayed bullets all around. Finally climbed back in and took off. Well that pissed us off.

Frank was a senior captain and flew braniff the 747 direct from DFW to Hawaii.

He raised collie dogs. World class show dogs. So we swiped one and took it to our house, had a big hair electric clippers, so we shaved the dog down to look like a lion and put it back in it’s kennel. Wish I had a picture but really glad there’s no pictures.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13691795 09/05/20 01:39 PM
R
Roller22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Shooting shotgun shell primers with a BB gun at close range is not a good thing to do. Luckily we were all behind the friend that did it and were lower than the top of the picnic table. It blew shell casings and bird shot in all directions. We thought it would just go forward, wrong.

Made our own mini bombs out of 100's of unwrapped Black Cats. Blew a pretty big hole in the side of a concrete water trough. Got in serious trouble for that. Blew up numerous red ant mounds with Black Cats and had Roman candle wars with dads welding helmets on for protection. Those little balls of fire burn longer than you think if they get inside your clothing.

Made a cave in the side of a gully in our neighbors pasture. Every cave needs a fire so we made a fire. It wasn't long before the field was afire and we couldn't get it out. Luckily the volunteer fire dept. was just down the road and got there before it burnt up the whole thing. Serious busting and grounding on that occasion.

In 75 we moved From Azle to Meeker, CO. Whole new set of friends and crazy things. One wintery night with temps below "0" we opened up a fire hydrant at the top of one of the streets with a pretty steep incline. The incline was 2 blocks long and when we finished we had our own sledding hill made of ice. Tubes, skates, sleds or anything else we could find we used. You had to pay attention otherwise you would hit a parked car at the bottom of the hill and that hurt. The temps never got above freezing for several days so it made it impossible for cars to go up. City Roads dept found out who did it and we had to pay for the deicer to put on the street.

Rolled several tires, one tractor tire and once a dumpster with wheels. Some tires would roll for 10+ blocks and others would angle off into yards, cars, trees or houses. Hit a cop car one night as he was patrolling. He pulled us over later that night because someone reported my vehicle. I just happened to have a big dent in my door panel and told him a tire hit me and we were looking for who did it. Got away that time but got busted on other occasions.

We would ride our snowmobiles into town from our farm. Roads were snowpacked so we could go faster than the cops trying to catch us. We didn't realize they could follow our tracks right back to where we started. Almost got some jail time for that because we were harassing the young city cop that was on duty. He could never catch us but the old wise county sheriff had played this game before. The sheriff is the one who actually kept us out of jail.

How are we still here?

I Thes. 5:16-18
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13692075 09/05/20 08:29 PM
K
KnotEnuff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
These stories bring back lots of memories. MORE

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13692111 09/05/20 09:00 PM
C
chuckwagon Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Older boy's name was "Naught". He was 13. I was 11 and my Brother was 8. Naught got the big idea to steal a case of beer from the Wagon Wheel Grill.

We waited until very dark and went into the unlocked storage building. Naught grabbed a case of beer and took off running across the countryside. We followed.

About half a mile later Naught got scared and set the case of beer down under a small Pine tree. We took a circuitous route home.

Next day was Sunday and we had to attend Sunday School but beer was on our minds! We met up with Naught at his house and headed for the field with the Pine tree and the beer.

It was a bright, sunny October late morning when we got there.....with no opener. The beer was Miller and the cans were steel.

Naught found a piece of sharp quartz rock which is plentiful in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. He hammered a beer until it spewed and he quickly sealed the geyser of foam with his mouth, gulping away. Me and my Brother did the same thing.

We got drunk real quick. With plenty of beer left, we headed home, tripping and falling, laughing and hollering! Such a good time!

Naught sobered up pretty quick and so did I but my Brother was still acting a fool! I hid him out in the woods until he was sober.

Such a good memory! To this day I love Miller beer!

Last edited by chuckwagon; 09/05/20 09:01 PM.

****Sun sinking low....lines baited.....gentle south breeze blowing...you realize.........I AM! .
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: Pat Goff] #13704387 09/18/20 08:36 PM
S
sadibo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Then one day we came back with a wooden crate with four gallon bottles of the most magical liquid ever. When it hit water it would ignite. Dang!! When we got bored blowing up ant hills and such one of us genuine brainiacs decided to stuff a rag in a full bottle and send it down current in pipe under a four lane road.

It blew a hole in the road big enough to drop a truck in it. One very very big boom. We all bolted and swore a oath of silence. 52 years ago my ears still ring.

Never knew what that stuff was though

This sounds like Diethyl zinc or triethyl aluminum. Google it. This is a great thread.

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13704503 09/18/20 11:25 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
when I was in high school in the mid 50's,there was a small grade school out in the country from where I lived in east Tenn...and they still had an outdoor toilets...…..each Halloween several of us would load up,go out there and turn both the boys and girls outhouses' over....we had been doing this for 2-3 years and when I was senior in high school,we went out there again and even with 4-5 of us pushing,we couldn't turn the outhouses over...
somebody had wised up and anchored those things down with what appeared to be stakes in the ground at corners....
one of the guys was in his dad's pickup truck and it had a rope in the back....we tied the rope around the outhouse but the pick-up just spun the tires..we decided to back up, put some slack in the rope and give the rope a good jerk...…
it did not turn the outhouse over but the rope did slide up the building and snatched the roof off...and we vacated the premises,never to return...
hope the statue of limitations has run out.

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13704541 09/18/20 11:58 PM
U
uncle_bagster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
U
Used to drive around and throw empty beer bottles at signs and mail boxes. I got to where I seldom missed. Some would consider that a sign of an ill-spent youth.

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13704629 09/19/20 01:01 AM
MARKIT Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
The boy got in trouble this week taking a bottle of the "super hot sauce" and made a couple kids sick drinking it during class
His mom was livid, But I was thinking, That nothing to the [censored] we did

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13704733 09/19/20 02:52 AM
ReelSlow Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Bout 77, I was driving my buddies F150 on the backroads up around Denton Airport. He was riding shotgun, it had been raining all day and the creek crossing was 4 ft deep and 30 yards wide, I was going about 40 and when he saw me start slowing down he yelled. "GAS IT MAN GO FOR IT !! I floored it and we hit that water at about 70 and I bounced off the steering wheel and he took out the glove box as we decelerated form 70 to 2 in a heartbeat , all I remember next was our momentum washing us up to the other side and we were still breathing. Same guy discharged a 1911 .45 out my window in that same truck , my ears are still ringing.

GOD is good!
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: sadibo] #13704756 09/19/20 03:11 AM
MARKIT Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by sadibo
Then one day we came back with a wooden crate with four gallon bottles of the most magical liquid ever. When it hit water it would ignite. Dang!! When we got bored blowing up ant hills and such one of us genuine brainiacs decided to stuff a rag in a full bottle and send it down current in pipe under a four lane road.

It blew a hole in the road big enough to drop a truck in it. One very very big boom. We all bolted and swore a oath of silence. 52 years ago my ears still ring.

Never knew what that stuff was though

This sounds like Diethyl zinc or triethyl aluminum. Google it. This is a great thread.

someone swiped alot of c4 and caps one time from SE OK on the weyerhaeuser land
slid one down a tin horn to see what happens, It makes it into a directional charge, and you need way more than 100 foot of wire to set if off.
thats what I hear

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13704849 09/19/20 11:28 AM
D
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I went to grade school in the mid 60's. I had a 5th grade teacher and she was about 4ft nothing.

She always wore a beehive hairdo like Marge Simpson. Her mane was mrs. Moore.

When she would turn her back to write on blackboard we (the boys} would see how many spit wads we could land in that beehive.

All would be well till someone missed and hit the black board. She would get pissed and give us book work where she could sit and face us.

I wonder how many spit wads she found if and when she combed that Beehive out......Good Times.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13705067 09/19/20 03:07 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Took a leak on poison ivy once.

Got my first recurve and shot everything in the neighborhood found out tires shoot back.

Used to peak out the window with my BB gun and pop cars at the stop sign .

Used to throw grandmas cat out the window were the dogs were waiting when it would piss me off .

Hair spray and spray paint make excellent flame throwers.

Tried to steal a duckling from its mother for my baby sister and was ferociously attacked by the mother .

Stole a six pack of Micholobe ultra that had been in the garage (summer time ) for two months drank it anyways and puked my guts up for a few hours .

Took a chit in a guys pillow one time for a giggle .

Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13705134 09/19/20 05:03 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
I don't even want to think about all the dumb stuff I did. My son is almost two and I can only imagine the dumb stuff he's going to do. We had a video scavenger hunt in high school and it was amazing how easy it was to get girls to do dumb stuff naked on video.

Last edited by Ox190; 09/19/20 05:05 PM.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: own your dumb kid stuff.... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13706589 09/21/20 01:27 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
When I lived in South Dakota we would hitch cars in the winter time. We'd wait by a stop sign in some bushes and when the car stopped we would sneak over and grab their bumper. We wore cowboy boots so that we could slide. That car would drag us down the street, sometime for 10 or 15 blocks. Its all fund games until you hit a dry patch at 30 mph.

I lived on Lake oahe in South Dakota and we would go out in the summer time and jump off of the train bridges that crossed the lake. Some were way up there, maybe 40 -50 feet. It was a rush; but man we could have messed ourselves up bad if we had hit wrong.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide