texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
wysmith, toppwateronly56, CP Del Rio, Rdk254, stxfisherchick
113737 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 97,020
hopalong 89,638
Pilothawk 80,162
John175☮ 77,777
JDavis7873 67,400
Bigbob_FTW 67,039
Derek 🐝 64,904
Mark Perry 60,703
Tritonman 58,982
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics780,275
Posts9,900,390
Members113,737
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Drifting Calaveras Lake #13702360 09/16/20 03:54 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
It's been a few years since I fished Calaveras Lake, so last Friday I decided to go and look for some catfish. 3.5 hours on the water and 5 decent fish with one being my new personal best for that lake. I had a great time!


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13702413 09/16/20 04:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,506
J
JJ4MEL Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,506
Definitely a nice blue cat. The record is 36.19 and believe it or now it was caught on a storm lure. I lived 10 minutes from Calaveras for about 10 years. Even worked at the lake for SARA for 3 years. Learned a lot from the guides there. Lots of good fishing memories on that lake.

Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13702416 09/16/20 05:01 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 9,317
C
cellis Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 9,317
Nice! thumb

Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: JJ4MEL] #13702471 09/16/20 06:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Definitely a nice blue cat. The record is 36.19 and believe it or now it was caught on a storm lure. I lived 10 minutes from Calaveras for about 10 years. Even worked at the lake for SARA for 3 years. Learned a lot from the guides there. Lots of good fishing memories on that lake.

Thanks! Yeah I weighed a fish that at the time would have been a new lake record but the scale had not been re-certified. All I had to do was send it in with in so many days of the weight and get it certified and it would have been good, but we lost the scale... I used to fish there a lot, ran some tournaments there.


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: cellis] #13702473 09/16/20 06:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by cellis
Nice! thumb

Thank you!


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13703044 09/17/20 11:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Jimbo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Nice! I loved the video!

Those 20+ lbers. aren't quite as easy to catch, like back in the day you had a decent chance of catching at least one per trip.
Many trips I had back then I would hook one I couldn't get the fish to come off the bottom, and then get broken off and only had the slime all over my line to show for it.
Thanks for bringing back those memories!
Good job! thumb


Just one more cast!

[Linked Image]
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: Jimbo] #13703114 09/17/20 01:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Nice! I loved the video!

Those 20+ lbers. aren't quite as easy to catch, like back in the day you had a decent chance of catching at least one per trip.
Many trips I had back then I would hook one I couldn't get the fish to come off the bottom, and then get broken off and only had the slime all over my line to show for it.
Thanks for bringing back those memories!
Good job! thumb

Yeah it sure seemed like we hooked into them more often years ago. Thank you for watch and the kind words.


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13703161 09/17/20 01:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,147
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
L
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,147
Nice fish and congratulations on your Cally PB. Enjoyed the video. woot:

Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: Laker One] #13703203 09/17/20 02:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by Laker One
Nice fish and congratulations on your Cally PB. Enjoyed the video. woot:

Thank you, it was a fun day!


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13703867 09/18/20 04:20 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 55,839
banker-always fishing Offline
Super Freak
Offline
Super Freak
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 55,839
Awesome video John. Congratulations on your Cally PB! cheers




Side Note: Does not seem that long ago that you were fishing catfish tournaments on Cally regularly. thumb


[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: banker-always fishing] #13704083 09/18/20 02:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome video John. Congratulations on your Cally PB! cheers




Side Note: Does not seem that long ago that you were fishing catfish tournaments on Cally regularly. thumb

Thank you! Yeah it's been since 2012 I believe since we were fishing tournaments there.


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13704197 09/18/20 03:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Jimbo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Originally Posted by parttime

Thank you! Yeah it's been since 2012


That's about right as when the catfishing was already starting to taper off! crying


Just one more cast!

[Linked Image]
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: Jimbo] #13704263 09/18/20 04:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
P
parttime Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Originally Posted by parttime

Thank you! Yeah it's been since 2012


That's about right as when the catfishing was already starting to taper off! crying

Yup.


Parttime (John)
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/AJOutdoors1
Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: parttime] #13706773 09/21/20 04:20 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 221
S
stikshooter Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 221
Great fish John. Glad to see you are still hitting Cally.
I just started back fishing the lake myself, sold my big bay boat a few years ago, but just bought a kayaka and starting to go back.
Good to see the fish are still there, I thought the lake was getting hit too hard several years back.

Eric


[Linked Image]

Re: Drifting Calaveras Lake [Re: stikshooter] #13706879 09/21/20 05:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Jimbo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,028
Originally Posted by stikshooter
Great fish John. Glad to see you are still hitting Cally.
I just started back fishing the lake myself, sold my big bay boat a few years ago, but just bought a kayaka and starting to go back.
Good to see the fish are still there, I thought the lake was getting hit too hard several years back.

Eric


Nonexistent management of the lakes.
I'm not talking slot limits either!
Slot limits only work if the fishing pressure is controlled, and I'm sure if anyone has fished those lakes you know exactly what I'm talking about.


Just one more cast!

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3