TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by rut-roe
Pretty sure he meant pounds not 20 fish

That would make sense. cheers

Yep. cheers

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: BigDozer66] #13700254 09/14/20 01:58 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by the skipper
One thing that makes it extremely hard is putting those fish in one live well. If you have 20+ in one live well in this heat you will spend your whole day trying to keep them alive instead of fishing. Plus, if guys are having to sit in that hot cove or on the trailer for all that time that makes it 10 times worse. Granted, it can be done and should be done but sometimes its unavoidable in the situation it sounds like was happening there. I mean, I dont know if I've ever seen Collins with a dead fish penalty but his was dead as a door nail in that picture on Friday.

20+? hmmm

So there were 4 people fishing in each boat?

Rayburn limit is 5 (This isn't Louisiana) and the Co's were 3 fish limit.
popcorn2

I would think if a pro had a big bag going, such as a 20+ pound bag, that he could keep them in both livewells until the coangler caught a keeper. Then he would have to cram them all in one single livewell. Once you start getting close to 20, or more than 20, that's a lot for one livewell.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13700258 09/14/20 02:04 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
In this case I think this is way more of a logistics issue than a fish care issue. I talked to several guys that fished the event and the waits were just insane. Long waits combined with the long walk up the hill then sending the fish back down the hill in a mesh bag. Lots of things could have been done different. Not sure why they did not have one of the live release boats up beside the pavilion so the fish could be released when they came off stage. From start to finish BASS really seemed lost in this tournament. The weigh in live broadcast was a mess and hard to watch. Issues with Live on Saturday. Not their finest moment for sure.

Several factors came into play.

We had to walk a long way to get a bag and for the bags to be taken back to the lake to release fish.
They limited the bags, which added to some delay.

What sped up the process though was that nobody spoke through the microphone during weigh in. That usually adds quite a bit of time to weigh ins.

The biggest contributing factor was that typically there is a live release boat next to the stage. The fish are dropped off seconds after weigh in, and the bags are back ready for someone else to use within seconds.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Brent S] #13700335 09/14/20 03:03 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Brent S
In this case I think this is way more of a logistics issue than a fish care issue. I talked to several guys that fished the event and the waits were just insane. Long waits combined with the long walk up the hill then sending the fish back down the hill in a mesh bag. Lots of things could have been done different. Not sure why they did not have one of the live release boats up beside the pavilion so the fish could be released when they came off stage. From start to finish BASS really seemed lost in this tournament. The weigh in live broadcast was a mess and hard to watch. Issues with Live on Saturday. Not their finest moment for sure.

Several factors came into play.

We had to walk a long way to get a bag and for the bags to be taken back to the lake to release fish.
They limited the bags, which added to some delay.

What sped up the process though was that nobody spoke through the microphone during weigh in. That usually adds quite a bit of time to weigh ins.

The biggest contributing factor was that typically there is a live release boat next to the stage. The fish are dropped off seconds after weigh in, and the bags are back ready for someone else to use within seconds.

Why on earth do they not have a release boat or truck on a tournament of this magnitude? Just about every tournament I fish has one themselves or borrows/rents someone's.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Jawz] #13700361 09/14/20 03:25 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
They had live release boats, but for some reason they stayed docked in the lake.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Jawz] #13700381 09/14/20 03:45 PM
J
Jawz Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Saturday around 1pm I watched them pull one of the release boats out of the water and drive it on trailer to the weigh in station, then after sitting there for about 5 minutes they drive it back to the ramp. Made no sense. We all accept a certain amount of fish to die from tournaments, but the sloppy work I saw from BASS just made me shake my head. This isn't their first clam bake and it just made me feel as if they really didn't care about our lake, but rather just about the revenue this tournament puts in their pockets. Really opened my eyes about that organization.

Fishing is Like Breathing...I was born To Do it
Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Jawz] #13700518 09/14/20 05:52 PM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
as far as fish care goes, my pro on Thursday put ice in the live wells to start the day and added G juice. he added ice throughout the day and added g juice each time. we were on the water from 7:30 to 5:00 or so and the heat index was 110 or so. All of our fish were fine. No issues. And my pro is a local hammer, not a touring guy. but he knows about fish care. he carried an extra cooler on board just to hold ice to cool the fish. i was in the top 30 on the Co side Thursday. we had no issue with fish care.

My Friday pro was a former team fishing partner of mine. He had a different manner to care for fish. He had five and had one die. only had 1 fish on day one. I needed 5 lbs to get a check. let's just say that i spent most of the day staring at his back watching him grind out a small limit. we quit fishing 45 minutes early and checked in 35 minutes early. we took off around 6:50 and checked in at 2:30. No ice in live wells, no additives, 1 dead on his part.

what I take from this is that fish care matters. a lot.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: gut hooked] #13700541 09/14/20 06:05 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by gut hooked
as far as fish care goes, my pro on Thursday put ice in the live wells to start the day and added G juice. he added ice throughout the day and added g juice each time. we were on the water from 7:30 to 5:00 or so and the heat index was 110 or so. All of our fish were fine. No issues. And my pro is a local hammer, not a touring guy. but he knows about fish care. he carried an extra cooler on board just to hold ice to cool the fish. i was in the top 30 on the Co side Thursday. we had no issue with fish care.

My Friday pro was a former team fishing partner of mine. He had a different manner to care for fish. He had five and had one die. only had 1 fish on day one. I needed 5 lbs to get a check. let's just say that i spent most of the day staring at his back watching him grind out a small limit. we quit fishing 45 minutes early and checked in 35 minutes early. we took off around 6:50 and checked in at 2:30. No ice in live wells, no additives, 1 dead on his part.

what I take from this is that fish care matters. a lot.

Who did you fish with day 1?

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Jawz] #13700923 09/15/20 12:01 AM
W
Workfishngolf37 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Easy fix. All you have to do is email the people in charge of tournament and let them know. If yall see too many dead fish after their tournament that you will blast them on facebook.

Re: BASS dead fish.... [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13701109 09/15/20 03:09 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
From start to finish BASS really seemed lost in this tournament. The weigh in live broadcast was a mess and hard to watch. Issues with Live on Saturday. Not their finest moment for sure.

Spot on

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide