Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697888 09/11/20 09:07 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
My Sr son led in tackles 12, 1 pass defended, passing 118yds and rushing 100yds last week, 2 Tds...and recovered an onside kick and punted 3 times for 39 yd average. And he honors the flag. I don't need the NFL. At least not this year. wink

And yes he is a badass...all 5'6" of him.

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697891 09/11/20 09:12 PM
D
DI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
I turned on at beginning, and some of 2nd quarter. It’s confirmed Texans still suck. To see JJs stock plummet is hilarious, no way he believes in the garbage he is saying and following. He used to salute the troops and stand tall for the flag. Money has changed his values. Shameful.

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697893 09/11/20 09:18 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
The NFL learned last night what they should have known all along. You cannot have it both ways. If you become a political pawn and champion a violent, destructive organization like BLM, the fans have a right to respond. While you may want people to remain silent while you protest, the fans are going to let you know that they may not agree. If you are going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697895 09/11/20 09:19 PM
S
Snowman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Even though I’m done with the NFL I awoke this morning as some of you did, with such a feeling of togetherness and unity that overwhelmed me.
Just knowing that the pregame featured two anthems, along with lines of 25 year old millionaires locked together.
I still get goosebumps in knowing that all of society’s problems are now solved. You see, it was just what the country needed.
I’m sure glad the players didn’t let the criminal justice system do it’s due diligence and let the court take care of the few bad apples.
That would have been too easy.

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697898 09/11/20 09:25 PM
B
bronco71 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I don't even pay enough attention now to know if there is a game or not. Won't be scrambling to try to watch during hunting season like before either.

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697904 09/11/20 09:37 PM
K
KnotEnuff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
NO

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13697908 09/11/20 09:42 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
My Vikings will be honoring George Floyd by acknowledging him and his family before the game on Sunday.

As far as I know, the Floyd family has done nothing wrong, but to honor GF, a criminal and drug addict...I don't think so.

* The NFL owners are billionaires. Owning a team is like owning the greatest yacht ever, and in the big scheme, it's nothing to them right now. The players run the league.
Give it a couple of seasons of "losing money, or NOT making enough profit," and the owners will take charge from the privileged babies. *

...------

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: a777pilot] #13697963 09/11/20 11:32 PM
a777pilot Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by a777pilot
Originally Posted by river-rat
The NFL tonight? I will not, and will not watch any pro sports this year

Me too!

One of the reasons why:

“How would you feel?"

“Imagine there is a man who, for the last five years, has assaulted you, on average, two times a year. He has raped you in the past. Then, he shows up at your house at 4:00 in the morning. You wake up to find him standing above you, you have your child in bed with you. He has his 'junk' out and then he sexually assaults you. He leaves the room, you quiet your child and go into the living room. He is gone. You look out the window and your car is gone. You check your purse, your keys and ATM card are gone. You call the cops. Cops show up. As you cry, you describe the sexual assault. The cops tell you this man has withdrawn money from your bank account twice in the last several minutes. Okay, are you 'imagining' all that? Well, then imagine this. The guy who sexually assaulted you has received over TWO MILLION from a 'GoFundMe' account. NFL players, such as Drew Brees, have your rapist's name on his helmet. MLB baseball players walk off the field to support your rapist. EVERY THING I JUST TYPED IS FACT! It comes from the police report on the Jacob Blake incident. No [censored], we have professional sports figures celebrating a friggin' rapist!

Last edited by a777pilot; 09/11/20 11:32 PM.

Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an EMP!

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: a777pilot] #13698018 09/12/20 01:02 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by river-rat
The NFL tonight? I will not, and will not watch any pro sports this year

Me too!

One of the reasons why:

“How would you feel?"

“Imagine there is a man who, for the last five years, has assaulted you, on average, two times a year. He has raped you in the past. Then, he shows up at your house at 4:00 in the morning. You wake up to find him standing above you, you have your child in bed with you. He has his 'junk' out and then he sexually assaults you. He leaves the room, you quiet your child and go into the living room. He is gone. You look out the window and your car is gone. You check your purse, your keys and ATM card are gone. You call the cops. Cops show up. As you cry, you describe the sexual assault. The cops tell you this man has withdrawn money from your bank account twice in the last several minutes. Okay, are you 'imagining' all that? Well, then imagine this. The guy who sexually assaulted you has received over TWO MILLION from a 'GoFundMe' account. NFL players, such as Drew Brees, have your rapist's name on his helmet. MLB baseball players walk off the field to support your rapist. EVERY THING I JUST TYPED IS FACT! It comes from the police report on the Jacob Blake incident. No [censored], we have professional sports figures celebrating a friggin' rapist!

I guess the #metoo movement got off track for the real victims. Freaking sad and pathetic

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13698038 09/12/20 01:41 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
when is the first cowboys game, lets go show them an ot tye protest.

I will bring the tannerite. grin

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: Samsonsworld] #13698039 09/12/20 01:42 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
My Sr son led in tackles 12, 1 pass defended, passing 118yds and rushing 100yds last week, 2 Tds...and recovered an onside kick and punted 3 times for 39 yd average. And he honors the flag. I don't need the NFL. At least not this year. wink

Hypothetical question, what if your son becomes the QB for the Dallas Cowboys ? You watching or boycotting ? What if your father or brother is the coach of an NFL team, you watching ? I am just curious as to where all the boycotters would draw the line. I am not trying to stir up any [censored], just curious, I do not agree with what most of them are doing but I will be watching the Cowboys, been doing it all my life, not changing because there are some of the players who do things that I disagree with, I was at the last Cowboys SB win, I plan on making at least one more.

[Linked Image]
Re: Will you be watching? [Re: river-rat] #13698047 09/12/20 01:56 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Will you be watching? [Re: Happykamper] #13698052 09/12/20 02:07 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Hypothetical question, what if your son becomes the QB for the Dallas Cowboys ? You watching or boycotting ? What if your father or brother is the coach of an NFL team, you watching ? I am just curious as to where all the boycotters would draw the line. I am not trying to stir up any [censored], just curious, I do not agree with what most of them are doing but I will be watching the Cowboys, been doing it all my life, not changing because there are some of the players who do things that I disagree with, I was at the last Cowboys SB win, I plan on making at least one more.

You didn't ask me but to answer your question even if my dad was the quarterback and my brother was a wide receiver I still wouldn't watch. I really don't care if you do. I think we all should make our own decisions and let everyone else make theirs. I just can't stomach this political stuff anymore. I hate the whole BLM movement, the whole burning the towns and business.

I guess I would ask you if they burn your business to the ground would you still go, how about your dad's, or brother's business.

I am glad we all still live in a place we can still make those decisions. Your answer may be different than mine but we are both still right because it's our decision.

I hope and pray this all comes to a stop by November.

No one should want anybody killed but it happens and we shouldn't be putting criminals on a pedestal, because we are scarce to stand up to these thugs.

hope your cowgirls do great this year. I am going to miss my saints and seeing if Tom or Bill have a better season. I just am not going to contribute to these thugest acting people.

Go Blue and our great military

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: Bob Davis] #13698054 09/12/20 02:09 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

yes very said I hate our great men and women in blue and our military have to watch this stuff

Re: Will you be watching? [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13698075 09/12/20 02:45 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Happykamper

You didn't ask me but to answer your question even if my dad was the quarterback and my brother was a wide receiver I still wouldn't watch. I really don't care if you do. I think we all should make our own decisions and let everyone else make theirs. I just can't stomach this political stuff anymore. I hate the whole BLM movement, the whole burning the towns and business.

I guess I would ask you if they burn your business to the ground would you still go, how about your dad's, or brother's business.

I am glad we all still live in a place we can still make those decisions. Your answer may be different than mine but we are both still right because it's our decision.

I hope and pray this all comes to a stop by November.

No one should want anybody killed but it happens and we shouldn't be putting criminals on a pedestal, because we are scarce to stand up to these thugs.

hope your cowgirls do great this year. I am going to miss my saints and seeing if Tom or Bill have a better season. I just am not going to contribute to these thugest acting people.

Go Blue and our great military

What about all the good men who play NFL football ? Just throw them into the pit with the bad ones ? You are a very strong man to say if your son or dad played for the NFL that you would not watch it, I am not calling BS but I really want to. What if your wife's father owned an NFL team, he had a 20,000 acre lake stocked with 14 pound bass, I guess you would not fish the lake because you disagree with what some of the NFL players are doing ? This is all a bunch of nonsense, hopefully after Nov 3 things will get back to normal, GO COWBOYS !!!!!

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide