Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Summer’s End #13681033 08/26/20 03:39 PM
BOB HOLMES GS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Strange feelings about this year's fishing!
This year was so different.
If I could have worked it with my dear friend Chris Watson it would be easier to say it was another really Great season.
First  I always believed you through Flowers when Flowers deserve to be thrown.
I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed working so close with  the best live bait Hybrid striper fishing guides on our lake this summer.
I want to mention Joe Moore, for all his pointers. Joe has got to be the hardest working person I know. Joe and Jimmy Lajune of Hooked up Guide service are good for this lake.

Ross Remy and Jared Duffield are just Prince of men and young at this although they've been Guiding here for 8 to 10 years Specializing  on live bait fishing for Hybrid Striper.

Jared and Ross, just to tell you a little bit about these young men, knew I was struggling with my injured shoulders so much so I’m having surgery in one week .
Every morning at 4:30 they were there to help me in anyway they could. The last two trips I didn’t even have to throw my net they caught my bait for me. If you don't know, this is a massive daily undertakin. Thank you Guys!
Ross Remy was looking at my depth finder real time and fine tuning it to such a Clear Crisp look I know exactly what Im looking at. Thank you Ross.
I can't explain the intricacies of locating just a few fish on the third biggest lake in Texas and making them bite what you're offering. 
My specialty has always been fishing artificial baits and from April through May that's the way I run things.
That's the best fishing months of the year and you can catch everything your looking for with a Sassy Shad or my Big Green almost yellow slab.
For a morning trip in these months I always have fresh cought shad on ice for catfish if desired.
When June gets here the shad has gone through the spawning and the fish are starting to separate.
Catfish have moved deeper, the Hybrids are starting to separate from the sandbass and the sandbass are going into a real Funk. That's when I go to live bait.
I thank now I have four years behind me going for hybrids with the bait from June on through the summer.
Shifting to live bait had to happen although now days with our numbers down on hybrids from lack of stockings for two consecutive years we still find them and I get to show my customers something different. It's tons more work but the rewards are huge!

Here comes the catfishing this Fall and Winter but unfortunately I will be out of commission until March.
I will be back in time for the tail end of Trophy Catfishing and the start up of the Spring season for everything!

Little update on Chris and his battle with Tongue and throat cancer. 
He has had his last treatment of Chemotherapy and Radiation post surgery. 
I want get into what all he has to deal with now, but I can assure you his love for everything that is life is pushing him to get back on the lake for Winter time Trophy Catfishing!

Myself and these other men are some of the fortunate few who get to do something we love and get to show other people every morning how Great it is to be outdoors enjoying the Fishing on this Huge Wonderful Lake Richland Chambers .
45,000 acre of water 340 miles of shoreline with huge island's and so many species of waterfowl a few nesting Bald Eagles plus our own 100 year old Oil Dereck in the middle of the lake.
It's Living the Dream of an Outdoorsman and I Love it.
My wonderful wife Janis will you ever forgive me for putting you through all of this. I remind Janis sometimes that many years ago she said Bob you should Guide!
Oh lordy!

Please call text or email me to book your 2021 Springtime fishing adventure!
Bob Holmes longest running fishing guide on the lake and still the Lake Record Holder!
214 728 3310
Bob@texasfishingguide.net 
Www.texasfishingguide.net 

Re: Summer’s End [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13681086 08/26/20 04:14 PM
Dennis Christian Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thanks for sharing this, Bob. Yes, we who regularly get to enjoy the great outdoors are very blessed. Thank You, God, for the gift of life and for providing us this amazing spaceship earth on which to live!!!

Re: Summer’s End [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13681280 08/26/20 06:16 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post! Looking at all of your past post this year, I would say you made many of smiles and a ton of "Lifetime Memories" ! Keep up the GREAT fishing and I am looking forward to reading a lot more of your post and seeing a lot more of your catches. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Summer’s End [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13681962 08/27/20 02:02 AM
S
SALLYSUE Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Thanks Bob

Re: Summer’s End [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13683212 08/28/20 10:22 AM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
Bob you have some really special friends on RC! Prayers are sent your way for your shoulder surgery and to Chris for his continued healing. cheers
cheers

Re: Summer’s End [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13684344 08/29/20 02:04 PM
F
Fromprektofishing Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Praying for a successful surgery! 👌

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide