Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Grapevine? #13682372 08/27/20 02:22 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Anybody have a clue where decent size sandies are hanging out?

I'm finding 8" ers but not keepers. Been this way the last couple of weeks.

I can't seem to unlock the puzzle. "HELP!"

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682423 08/27/20 03:02 PM
F
Fishn Frank Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Murrel point, approx 400 yards out in 22’ of water. Use live bait.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682452 08/27/20 03:23 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Thanks! I know the spot.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682465 08/27/20 03:37 PM
rkd Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Haven't been on Grapevine in several weeks but had the exact same problem on Texoma last weekend. Lake is loaded with schooling 8-10 inch sandies and stripers but anything over 12 inches is near impossible to come by. I saw much bigger boils during the topwater action so I know the bigger fish are mixed in but they must be few and far between. They were eating tiny 1 inch shad and maybe ghost minnows. The hits I got were fish biting the feather trailer.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682660 08/27/20 06:25 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Went out Sun, mon, tue, wed. Sandies are moving around allot and fast, and dont stay in the same spot long. I have not done much good at murrell lately. Had a couple days about two weeks ago where we found them on the point but have not seen them there since. I did find them three days in a row just north east of the island out on the drop of a hump. Was absolutely amazing yesterday with no wind. Other than here I have not had much luck. The hump is way out, mayby 600 yards. The top is 24ft, and the drop is down to 35.. Catching them down on the 30-34 range and they are right on the bottom. From 12-4:30 it was on like "Donkey Kong". I went to the hump in the AM but a boat was on it, and they were catching allot of small fish. I tried around this area about 930am but only caught a couple. The other boat was right on the spot.. With the dead calm lake In the afternoon, I was able to fish two rods. I would cast one out and while it was sinking I would fish the other rod. Then cast that rod, and pick up the other to fish the jig right on the bottom. Have allot of video, but not posting.. BTW, if you are driving around looking for a big school your out of luck, these fish are right on the bottom. Im basically beating them on the head,and they are responding. Catfish are pounding the jig, had about 12 catfish. Think I tail hooked a monster Cat, after 20 minutes it came off and I had 4 feet of slime on my line.. Just a "fishing story", but I have the video.. Good luck

I was fishing a 3/4 oz cotton cordell spoon on the big rod (12lb fluorocarbon), and a med size castmaster on a spinning reel with 6lb (fluorocarbon). Both had a small homemade bait about 16" up from the bottom jig. we created a bait that helps with doubles, and you do not have to mess with it ever. But you could use a jig head and worm.. Many many doubles.. Threw all back, no need for fish right now. you could vertical jig, but I like to hang off the fish and pick them off.. I like this technique, and seems to keep them around longer. The fluorocarbon makes a big difference to me, line sinks and has so much less stretch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 08/27/20 06:34 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682825 08/27/20 09:02 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
thanks again for the tips. I will see what I can do tomorrow morning.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682837 08/27/20 09:17 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
thump em up,... hammer

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13682839 08/27/20 09:18 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
thump em up,... hammer

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JIM SR.] #13682971 08/27/20 11:00 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
May need to throw my thumper in.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13683090 08/28/20 01:48 AM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Thumping works when the fish are deep.

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
Bridgeport/Eagle Mountain/Possum Kingdom/ Lake Texoma
www.bobosguideservice.com
www.bobosthumper.com
www.nekidtackle.com Home of the RonRig!
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13683650 08/28/20 06:28 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Well, we found fish everywhere we went, but again almoat all undersized.
Rock Crusher was one of my better spots for numbers, still no size.
got into one school on the surface at Murrel and had one large fish but lost him at the boat. They were up in 5ft of water for 3 minutes then gone.
Thanks for all your input.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13683819 08/28/20 08:46 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Got a report yesterday that broke my heart.. An anonymous friend told me he found monsters down on a hump on the lower end, and they were arm breakers. Big ones too.. He caught a 4lb bass, the the sandbass moved in and he caught the big sandies on a mega spoon. I was crushed because I am working today, and tomorrow.. So this type of report really makes it hard to stay focused at the salt mine. The hump peaks at 20ft, but I do not know exactly where it is. Think its close to the area I was fishing, but will find out more when we cross paths out on the water. Good to hear you caught fish, and appreciate the report.. Water is clearing up on the lower end, and seems to be better lately. Heading out Sunday for some bass fishing in the AM, but will try for some sandies mid morning.

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13685850 08/31/20 02:48 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Magnum sandies just north east of the island today. Still hugging the bottom, seeing schools of bait but not big schools of fish. Still casting and working the drop from 28 to 34ish.. They are moving thru pretty quick but man they are strong.. 14-16"fish with some good catfish, and about 6 gaspergoo. Fished 5pm-745pm and had easy limit for me and mason, nothing kept.. Found some really cool bottles.. glass clorox bottle..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 08/31/20 02:52 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13687985 09/01/20 08:25 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Looks like $26 on the Silver Dollars. not a bad day.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: Fishn Frank] #13688114 09/01/20 09:47 PM
H
Holzer Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Fishn Frank
Murrel point, approx 400 yards out in 22’ of water. Use live bait.

I wonder if there are any brush piles in that area made from Christmas trees that are approximately 12 - 13 years old confused

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Grapevine? [Re: Holzer] #13688379 09/02/20 01:16 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Out on the end its bare as a baby's butt. I have dragged a spoon across most of the point. I did find a small brush pile midway in. I think the point is pretty bare.. We planted a cedar earlier in the year near the mouth of the creek on the west point.. But you never know.. The coin is a 50 cent walking liberty.. Yes, was a good day.. I love silver..

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 09/02/20 01:17 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13689493 09/03/20 02:14 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
From 1pm to 6:30pm north east of the island it was "real good". 630pm: When the boat near me fired up his engine to go work some schooling fish it was over. If you are trolling looking for fish they will spook. Fish are right on the bottom, had a good visit with a fellow TFF'r and we caught em. He left to knock out some bsss fishing, and i continued to work the sandies. I cannot stress enough, don't start your motor. Village idiot was out today for sure.. Rendering movie now, might post something tomorrow.. Have no idea about numbers, was a good day with 2 limits easy fishing solo just counting fish over 13ish inches.. Video too big and long even when sped up 500%. Lake up about 2ft, lower end clarity the same (clear). Did not go up..

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 09/03/20 10:29 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13689962 09/03/20 04:03 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Hope this helps, getting many questions..
The fish I am working are hanging out near the bottom, just off the drop. it looks like they are just holding in the area. I am pulling up to the spots that I am checking, and drifting over the spot to check the graph.. I then will work the trolling motor and stay downwind of them and bang them on the head, and brother and they are pouncing.. I have not see many schools on the graph lately, but I am sitting in the same spot about a cast away from the spot and picking them off. Worked for over 5 hours yesterday. I don't even watch the graph.. If I get on top of them and vertical jig them they move on after a bit, even with using the trolling motor. The casting to them has been working really well lately. For the lake I am fishing, if you find them and you are near them do not start your big motor.. For us this shuts down the spot completely.. ALso, I have been tinkering with a lure to run up front of my jigging spoon. With all the lures me and mason find we have Frankenbuilt a front running lure that is fire and forget. No tinkering. I use a blade from a old rooster tail, drill a hole in the blade, flatten it with a hammer. From here we install split rings both in front and back, a swivel in front, and a small #4 treble hook in the back. I tie 20lb fluorocarbon line on the back split ring and the main 3/4 oz jigging spoon about 16" between the two baits.. When I am on the bottom, the front lure flutters up off the bottom and is the teaser.. We have settled on this the last two weeks, and it working well. The swivel is needed and it does spin some.. Double trouble much of the time. I had a friend try it yesterday and it worked well for him.. Free is the name of the game for this Cheapskate.. I will buy some baits, but I cannot see spending that much money for baits that I can throw together. Works well in front of a rat-l-trap, 1/4 oz plastic jig head, and a 1/4+ oz rooster tail. It does make it run shallower when using small lures. But cheap is the name of the game. On the 3/4 oz jigging spoon you cannot even tell its there.

Some pictures of the front runner.. This thing is very light so the tandem baits do not tumble.. I cut one hook off when running multiples on a line. I tried my 10 lure outfit yesterday but they are not in big schools so I only picked up doubles. Then I gave 5 to a fellow fisherman for him and his son.. When the big schools show up I am going to get a 10 on one line on video. So far I am still stuck at 6 at once..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/03/20 04:06 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13693002 09/07/20 12:39 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Lake was a Zoo.. Nothing Near the island or on south side. Graph was bare. I would say 5 times the normal boat traffic and very hectic even going up the lake. Anchored on the very end of murrell and caught fish for several hours from 2pm-4pm'ish. 50-50 good fish vs small fish, some were real good. Using same method, casting out and working back to the boat on the drop. Very important: not many caught up on top of the point, fish caught on the drop or down in the 31ft range.. Lake is up and some very small wood floating. Picked up about 8 gallons of broken glass on the banks.. Fish very skittish, all fish caught right on the bottom. Do not start your motor, or drive around looking. Drift into an area watching your graph. Go over the area and either work the fish down wind, or work around and cast into yhem.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/07/20 02:15 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13693109 09/07/20 02:14 AM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
We will be there first thing in the morning to see what the morning bite will be.

Great work on all accounts!

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13693696 09/07/20 08:16 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Well, another slow day for me.
We did find them by the island but not many any other place we went.
Did get a couple of nice crappie out off murrel.
My dove hunting wasn't any better.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13693900 09/08/20 12:53 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Two things.. I cannot stress enough Don't start your motor, and dont drive around looking for fish.. Pull up near the spot and drift over or go over the spot with your trolling motor. When the boat traffic got heavier in both spots the fishing died down. They are real skittish, don't listen to me just try it.

All but two fish released. Two given to another fisherman.

Flat Amazing day on GP. Have not been fishing morning bite lately, because afternoon bite is always better. Started just north east of the island and it was a ghost town, stopped by Murrel and it was vacant. Decided to head up to the beach and on the way stop at the Rock Grinder. First cast lost my bait, second cast snagged the edge. As it came loose I somehow snagged a monster Buffalo.. Gor her to the boat but got off. Pulled the trolling motor and was drifting north west with the wind talking on the phone and noticed some fish on a hump, dropped my jig while on the phone and caught two small fish. Saved waypoint, came back around and achored.. Caught fish from 9am to 2:30pm. Did have about 45 minutes when it slowed down where I tried another hump on the map. It had about 6 fish then petered out, drifted right back to the original spot and kept catching fish.. Met a Dad and his sons that I called to move up and they caught some fish before they had to go. Then met up with another nice man who spot locked and caught a good mess of fish. Thank you Mr Adams for the jigging spoon. Great fun visiting with people catching fish.. Headed to Murrel at 2:30 when is slowed down and did not get one fish out in the point. Yesterday it was real good. Went over north east of the Island and some real good fish were hanging right off the hump in 31ft of water. The Video link below is a good representation of today. The spot up the lake I never fished before, and for that matter have never fished this area before. Caught 50-50 small to keepers up the lake. Some of the fish up the lake were just bigger than the spoon.. But there was some real good ones in there.. Down by the island there are some really nice fish. If you feel several hits but do not hook up ((((Sharpen your hooks)))).. I sharpened about every 10 minutes for the main jig, as I am dragging and bumping it on the bottom. The front runner jig really kicks butt, I cannot say enough.. If you have a few minutes make one and give it a try, when you are working the jog on the bottom the top lure is dancing just above the surface and really hooks up more.. Today was easily over my best this spring of 209... I don't know how many but It was that good running solo, not even going to guess. I recorded the whole thing but I am not going to go watch 9 hours of fishing to find out... I really enjoyed the company of the two boats and really was pleased to see the young boys get on the fish..

Sorry for the Wind noise, this is a Bodycam like the Police wear. Speaker is very sensitive.. Basically replay this for 6 hours and thats what me and the other boats did today

<<<CLICK>>> Quick Video from today

Waypoint North west of the Rock Crusher Update: I looked back at some topo maps and there appears to be a deep spot near the area we fished yesterday.. will check it out next round.
[Linked Image]
Waypoint was where I was anchored (think I was in 27ft), casting to the north over the hump.. Dragging/Bumping the lure back..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Lure was given to me as a gift from Mr Adams.. Much appreciated..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is a beautiful fish
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/08/20 01:15 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13693980 09/08/20 02:35 AM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Glad you found them.
We left you after you buffalo catch and hit the east side of the island and found a bunch of small ones.
We never made it back out west to you again. Hit the ramp at 11:30 to get out before the crazy's showed up.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13694052 09/08/20 04:30 AM
D
Doulos DRA Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
@prosise thanks for making the day a fishing success! I can’t say that I’ve come across too many anglers that would wave you down to let you know the bite was on, where to cast, how to retrieve and then on top of that, share the hot lures! The boys and I had a blast for the little bit of time we got to fish “with” you. From a dad that’s just looking to spend quality time with his boys, you blessed us today, thank you.
[Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13694078 09/08/20 10:02 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Your very welcome. Getting the kids on fish is why I share info.. Lake is real hit or miss on the usual spots. If we don't see the fish hugging the bottom, we will give it @20 minutes casting in all directions. If we don't pick up anything, or the graph still shows nothing, it's time to move on. Will send you some sandbass waypoints later.. Much appreciate the kind words..

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 09/08/20 01:09 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13694373 09/08/20 04:06 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
cool, I'm going to have to get back out there soon. Last couple trips were mostly dinks.

1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13694876 09/09/20 01:11 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
If anyone is planning on fishing early tomorrow be carefull. Dangerous debris.. Reported to Game warden..

Tagged it with a life vest.. Dead center of lake between rock ledge and the island about 30 minutes ago.. Drifting very slow.. Nothing to report concerning fishing. Fished in wind from 5:00 ro 7:45. Rough and it sucked.. Wind settled down but it was too late.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/09/20 12:12 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: Doulos DRA] #13696029 09/10/20 12:51 AM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Glad you found some. We there earlier but left for the Island were we did find a few but most were short.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13699878 09/14/20 02:08 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Started at 7:30 and long story short all the spots I checked were blank in the AM.. Saw a tree floating in the middle of the lake, picked it up and stopped for a big rock.. Tree planted out in front of Meadowmere. Pic below for waypoint. Headed up to the beach and did some metal detecting for a couple hours. Headed down from the upper end at noon and stopped at the waypoint that I posted last wed, just north west of the rock crusher. Fish were there for about 2 hours. Every time I found fish they did not stay in that area for long, but I caught some nice fish today. Probably had a limit of 12+ inch fish but probably not much more... Don't think I caught one as big as last week though. About 3 I headed to Murrell point at the very tip, caught a couple fish just off the drop in 30ft, then like before they moved on. Started searching and found some good fish up on top of the point in @ 27ft of water (western edge of the point opposite the drop side). Caught fish there until about 6pm, went over near the island to the spot where I catch some good fish and it was a ghost town.. Finished at Murrell and worked all the end, and then went in about half way to the little dog leg halfway in. At the halfway point I have caught some good crappie, but I get hung up in this spot. Well, I got hung up and pulled out my grappling hook and pulled up a log, two anchors, and handfull of really old jigging spoons. The ball of line filled my gallon trash can on the boat. Take Care all, I have 6th grade remote learning duty in tomorrow..

Fishing was tough today, I had to work and the boat traffic was high. Fish are moving, and were not holding in the area for long today. I didn't work shallow, but would like to hear if anyone is locating anything on any shallow points. BTW: In the AM I was out on Murrell point with about 4 other boats and "Idiot: I have a nice Bassboat" guy just idles up thru everyone and pulls up to a boat and kills his engine and says "Catching anything".. I thought I was being punked, I thought it would be nice to watch where he went and idle up to him and ask him the same question, but I eased out and headed up the lake.

Some of the jigging spoons I found look old, I have not seen some of them before. Only one had a hook, the others had rusted completely away.. The line that they were tied to was holding them to the mass of chaos....

Sorry for the Pic heavy report..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/14/20 07:57 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13699892 09/14/20 02:30 AM
D
Doulos DRA Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Thanks for the report! No doubt you'll be able to recycle those slabs and have them out fishing again soon. Unfortunately we had kids activities all weekend and couldn't get out.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13701294 09/15/20 01:22 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Me and mason went out feom 5pm to 730 yesterday evening. Nothing seen at Murrell or around the island. Didn't go anywhere else, we were just out looking around. Nothing to report down. Would prob go up and as others are discussing with the cooler weather, shallower areas or points. Water temp main lake surface @ 78 from 84 of last week. Heading out this afternoon to wet a line bass fishing. Some good reports received yesterday, one being a 7 pounder. That is a monster IMO for GV.

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702061 09/16/20 06:43 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
After Remote learning me and Mason headed out for a couple of hours of bass fishing. One bass with little man and then we headed down around the island, ran into some Sandies which were up closer to the top. . Caught about 30 right at 7:30pm. Mom picked up little man so I could do some more bass fishing, Intel from yesterday really had me fired up, and the intel was spot on. Thanks you MR. "B" ..... Fishing buddy was not messing around when he said he had located many good spots.. Fished from 8:15 to 11:15 and only had two bites, and they were good. Throwing a 8" craw worm texas rig on 12lb braided. For the record, I should have been throwing 20lb or better.., First fish was my PB on grapevine, the second fish was my new PB on grapevine ( I really thought the second fish was a catfish because it had some shoulders). Good Blessed me with time spent with Mason, and these two bites.. On the second fish I was marking a waypoint and working the worm with the left arm when I got hammered.. Take care all.. Only fished one spot for sandbass, they are moving around allot.

Video of last night.

Hogs on GP Video Link

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/16/20 02:29 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702182 09/16/20 12:51 PM
Bruce's Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Nice. Good job finding the big girls. They are fattening up. .

Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
50 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483

Fishing Texas lakes one at a time

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702280 09/16/20 02:27 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
cheers

1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13706373 09/21/20 01:56 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Cliff Note Version. I was shocked when I got cold this AM, had to grab the jacket.... Sand bass fishing sucked. I caught fish but only 3-4 each time I found some. Bass fished from 4am -11 then went to the beach until 1pm. Fished around but couldn't really find any quality sand bass that wanted to play. Went back to bass fishing around 5 and pulled out at 7:30. Bass fishing is solid, had a good number of solid fish before the sun came up on the boat ramp at Scotts Landing. Fished a 8" craw worm, and a 10" red shad power worm all day. Early the bass were in the 5-8ft range, late afternoon all the fish were right in the 14ft range on the area i was fishing. Last spot I fished, I caught three fish in the same spot with the 10" worm. Was a real treat to finish the day. Highlight of the day, I saw a man driving a Ranger @ 50 hit a wake from a Wakeboat and it launched up into the air. His cover for his motor came loose on the landing. I checked on him and he was ok.. Prop was out of the water about 4 feet..

Caught a pretty nice spot..

Prosise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/21/20 02:17 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13706669 09/21/20 02:51 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Saturday Morning Report:
Good fishing all over. Meadowmere at sun up was great for 30 minutes staying with the birds.
Rock Crusher area was good but had to dig through the short ones. Murrell Point was good till 11 am.

Had to drift fish and use anchor. Wish I had a trolling motor.

Just a note: Minn Kota - Ulterra's suck. $2200 and 3 years old and already having major issues. Taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13707876 09/22/20 04:12 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
That is good info, when I launched sunday the white cranes were going crazy near the island. Between the island and the south shore area.. There were three boats up there, and one appeared to be driving around in the middle. Didn't want to deal with the guy in the boat so I headed to murrell to spot check it.. I should have eased up to the cranes working just to check it out. I definitely missed out on that one.. I know I should be looking shallower, but I still am working the deeper stuff for the bigger fish. I see the cranes working just east of murrell all the time, but they are working bait, never pick up any sandies over on that shallower area during the summer time. This would explain allot. I need to focus on the shallower areas, Im showing signs of localitis..
Went out last night at 6pm to 1am and bass fished a spot that I really wanted to go over thoroughly. For the record, I broke my own rule and pulled the net out of the back storage compartment, and assembled it before I started fishing.. I am superstitious on the high spectrum. Got about 8 short strikes/thumps but nothing was ever there afterwards.. So I goose egged last night.. That is hard to say, but I'm ok with it. Man I love to worm fish structure, probably my most favorite thing to do. Rained on me until about 9pm, then was really nice.. Have 6th grade school help today, but heading out again this evening.. Will spend a little time looking shallower for some Sandies.. Anyone know the points that historically support the sandies? I just look for the bait, and try to narrow in on them. Take care all..

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 09/25/20 01:37 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13707991 09/22/20 05:32 PM
J
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Yes shallower early. 10 to 12 ft, but by 8:30 on a sunny day they have moved out to the deeper 20' + structure.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715128 09/29/20 02:12 PM
B
BassRaiderFisherman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I just bought spoons, chatterbaits, and squarenosed c [Linked Image]
ranks...I might test them out at Murrell Sunday for some AM fishing in the BassRaider

I fished around Stewart Creek Park at Lake Lewisville last Sunday but only caught 1 white bass. Water was too choppy to enjoy anything.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715215 09/29/20 03:55 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Oh yeah.. You will have some fun, just be prepared for the wake boats out on main lake. They are crazy out in mid-day times.. With the cooler wx you might see less. I am heading out this afternoon, if I run across anything I will let you know. Dern sandies are not in the same place day to day. If you launch in the back of meadomere you can have some shelter feom the traffic if it gets bad. If you dont have an anchor let me know, I found another anchor and with a chain and some rope you are in business... Instant message me if you need one. It is nice to anchor with the wind sometimes and take a break, or work a spot..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13715320 09/29/20 05:46 PM
B
BassRaiderFisherman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Are you fishing by the island at Twin Coves?

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715501 09/29/20 08:45 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Lately I have been fishing for bass, and the fall pattern kicked in. I have fished just about every point, and drop that I know. Any for some reason I have gotten hung up on just about every darn rockpile I have fished lately. The Sandbass are like looters right now, you never know where they are going to be..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13716226 Yesterday at 02:42 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
P
Don't really like fishing after a light front with bird blue skies, but I needed to get out of the house. Went out at 4pm and got home at 12pm last night. It was really windy yesterday and by the time I got to the lake it was starting to let up. The wind was coming out of the west straight down the lake. There were swells at rock ledge, and a mud line that was pretty large. Took about 20 gallons over the front of the boat fishing the rocks. New bilge pump test passed with flying colors. One thing, there is so much bait everywhere that the fish are going to really eat well for a while. I hit several spots fishing for bass, but it was slow. The lake definitely has turned, looks real green down the lake. Picked up two dinks on a Jig in about 10ft of water fishing a rock pile. Just before dark the lake was glass, headed to scotts landing to worm fish for a while and caught @ a 2lb in about 12ft of water on a rock ledge. I know the fish are shallow, I saw a man with his daughter catch about a 2lb bass off the bank using a bobber. I fished shallow for a bit but was targeting bigger bites. If I don't feel chunky rocks, gravel, or the very seldom brush I don't typically produce. That is so important on GV. If I am using a worm, jig, or crankbait I have to make contact. I left there about 10pm and headed out of the cove, turned on my flashlight and the bait is up at the surface. (most are 1.5" to 3") Was thick all the way out of the cove, out into the lake, and then some.. Went to the ramp just west of dove and bait was super thick as far as you could see, gar and other fish blowing up on the surface as far as you could see. Even at Dove at midnight the shad were everywhere, and I mean thick. I did fish the point at dove to wrap up the evening, a slight breeze picked up from the south and was just enough to move the boat.. Moon was almost full, and I mean to tell you beautiful out on the lake. Only saw one other boat who was catfishing, he was catching bait near the ramp I was fishing earlier. Fishing definitely slow, stopped at Murrell, and two other spots and looked for the sandbass but they were a ghost town. Fall transition is in full swing, lake temp 73.2 on the surface when I got to the lake.
I will go out this afternoon but not until midnight, wish I could but I have to work the next 3 days..

Moon was bright and real nice to be out.. that bright light in the top of the picture below was the moon..
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; Yesterday at 02:44 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide