Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! #13677479 08/23/20 10:48 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We fished everyday last week and experienced about any type of fishing (All For White Bass) that an Angler could experience. We had a couple of days with limits, a couple of days with a Fair Bite and a couple of days that we burned enough gas to cover a large portion of our 45,000 acre Richland Chambers Lake. It's Summertime and the fishing can really be frustrating as the fish are moving fast, never seem to be in the same place from day to day and will really challenge most folks. We stayed after it every outing and our Customers went home with plenty of fish for their fish fry, but on some trips it was a last minute "Hail Mary" that saved the day. Most trips the mid morning and late morning bite was the best of the trip. We had a nice breeze several days and a slick lake on others. In other words, we experienced early and late bites, varying conditions and typical Summer challenges. I always encourage folks to hang in their and keep fishin'! All our fish came on Slabs as the Top Water bite was not where we were if there was any during the week. We continue to fish shallow water (10'-20' FOW) and most locations were up the Creeks on Points, Ridges and Humps. Here's some Pics from last week & enjoy the sunrise from yesterday AM!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 08/23/20 10:49 AM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
Gone Fishin' Guide Service
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13677983 08/23/20 08:24 PM
R
RespectTheFish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Great post! In my opinion, Late July and August, and some of September offers some of the toughest fishing of the year. I was told long ago by someone to just pack up my gear, take a break, and get back out there in October. Seems the fish are generally very scattered, on the move, and even when you find them they may be pretty lethargic and no participate much.

Lately, I have been using Bob Maindelle's (HoldingTheLineGuideService) rooster tail made by Mepps and wearing the white bass out! I was scouting and came across a school that wasn't that impressive on the graph. Stopped anyways and put 60 fish in the boat in less than 90 minutes!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Clay
Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13678032 08/23/20 09:15 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: RespectTheFish] #13678433 08/24/20 11:59 AM
Dennis Christian Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Looks like you have popping floats ahead of the spinners, so you must have caught these from surface schooling fish - right? Also, the spinners look like Mepps Long-cast spinners. They appear to be size 4. I have tried the Mepps Long-cast, and for me, though they are heavier and easier to cast, they don't start spinning as readily as the regular Mepps Aglia. When fishing the bottom, this makes a difference.

Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: Dennis Christian] #13678803 08/24/20 06:17 PM
R
Ross Reamy Guide Service Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Originally Posted by Dennis Christian
Looks like you have popping floats ahead of the spinners, so you must have caught these from surface schooling fish - right? Also, the spinners look like Mepps Long-cast spinners. They appear to be size 4. I have tried the Mepps Long-cast, and for me, though they are heavier and easier to cast, they don't start spinning as readily as the regular Mepps Aglia. When fishing the bottom, this makes a difference.

Dennis I've been meaning to tell you about these new spinners that Mr. Maindelle designed with Mepp's. I'm a long time believer in your Mepp's technique using a plain Aglia #4 (although I prefer chartreuse over silver), but these spinners that Mr. Maindelle designed have the same blade as a #4 but are much heavier due to I believe what is a tungsten weight, so they get to the bottom much quicker. So far I'm a huge fan in the new, improved model.

https://www.holdingthelineguideservice.com/fishing-guide-product.php#!/A-MAL-Maindelles-All-Purpose-Lure-Lure-NEW-FOR-SUMMER-2020/p/222129569/category=0

Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13678974 08/24/20 08:21 PM
R
RespectTheFish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
The float is actually a slip float rig for catfishing....that rod just happens to be lined up with the shot to look like we were using floats. We just just a Maindelle’s lure and worked the bottom similiar to how you have often described on here Dennis

Clay
Re: Action Hot, Cold and Just About Right on RC!!! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #13679140 08/24/20 11:13 PM
Dennis Christian Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I'd call that Goldilocks fishing!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide