Print Thread
Fishing Partner for PWF (Private Water) #13675197 08/21/20 02:21 AM
B
befuddled Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
I'm retired and have bass fished - mostly on Lake Fork - since it opened. I have sold my Champion boat and really like the fishing opportunities PWF (Privage Water Fishing) provides. They have a very informative website complete with a listing of all ponds their members can fish. However, I would like to find a partner that is also at retirement age, an experienced bass fisherman, who would like to form sort of a partnership to fish together. My idea is for each of us to have our individual PWF memberships but we would choose which lake(s) to fish and enjoy the day together. I prefer to fish in North Texas or North East Texas. Two of us could handle the pond boat (some allow full size bass boats) launching, manuvering, fish landing, etc. I only want to fish weekends. We could share gas expenses if we drove to the lake together and I would purchase a trolling motor and battery. Just thought maybe one of you TFF members may have similar interest. I reside in Sulphur Springs, TX and don't drink or smoke and I'm not handicapped. Just love to feel the tugs and pulls on my line. OK to provide my email address to anyone that may be interested. Thank you!

Re: Fishing Partner for PWF (Private Water) [Re: befuddled] #13675882 08/21/20 06:38 PM
A
Airborne82 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Hello Befuddled; this is Ron at Cedar Creek; we communicated previously; am retired; love to bass fish; available anytime; have new skeeter zx200; not much interested in tournaments;
cell 903-780-8088; roncedarcreeklake@gmail.com; live close to athens; prefer to fish weekdays to avoid the weekend traffic and crazies.

Re: Fishing Partner for PWF (Private Water) [Re: Airborne82] #13679171 08/24/20 11:45 PM
B
befuddled Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Hi Ron;

Since you have that new Skeeter I figured you would not be interested in joining Private Water Fishing. The pond owners who have signed up with PWF furnish their own boats - some are the small pontoon types (about 10' long) and others have 12' or so john boats. PWF recommends you bring your own transom trolling motor and battery. Apparently a small few of the ponds do allow use of full size bass boats but as I understand it (so far), the vast majority of the pond owners want control of what type of water craft is used on their property. I know that PWF has a fee to join - around $685 and then the pond owners charge various daily fishing per person fees to fish. I have read some of the info on a few of the ponds that are in my general area and the fees start about $50/day and go up - one I saw was $200 per day and bragged about the huge bass in their large pond - all C&R. If 2 people "partner up" each has to pay the full per person day fee .Right now, we are doing a bunch of "remodeling" to our old Victorian home (built in 1897) and we have done annual upgrades to it since we bought it in 2006 - had a 5 month long major remodeling at that time. I was figuring on potentially joining this winter after I get some of these bills paid! Their website has a listing and a map of all their ponds, fees, type of boats, photos, type of fishing cover and so on. I too only like to fish week days to avoid the crowds and these ponds are mostly isolated - don't recall but I believe they have a limit on number of fishermen per day.

Re: Fishing Partner for PWF (Private Water) [Re: befuddled] #13679940 08/25/20 05:34 PM
K
kcb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted by befuddled
Hi Ron;

Since you have that new Skeeter I figured you would not be interested in joining Private Water Fishing. The pond owners who have signed up with PWF furnish their own boats - some are the small pontoon types (about 10' long) and others have 12' or so john boats. PWF recommends you bring your own transom trolling motor and battery. Apparently a small few of the ponds do allow use of full size bass boats but as I understand it (so far), the vast majority of the pond owners want control of what type of water craft is used on their property. I know that PWF has a fee to join - around $685 and then the pond owners charge various daily fishing per person fees to fish. I have read some of the info on a few of the ponds that are in my general area and the fees start about $50/day and go up - one I saw was $200 per day and bragged about the huge bass in their large pond - all C&R. If 2 people "partner up" each has to pay the full per person day fee .Right now, we are doing a bunch of "remodeling" to our old Victorian home (built in 1897) and we have done annual upgrades to it since we bought it in 2006 - had a 5 month long major remodeling at that time. I was figuring on potentially joining this winter after I get some of these bills paid! Their website has a listing and a map of all their ponds, fees, type of boats, photos, type of fishing cover and so on. I too only like to fish week days to avoid the crowds and these ponds are mostly isolated - don't recall but I believe they have a limit on number of fishermen per day.

Couple of things for you to consider. You can read all of the fishing reports on the PWF site without joining. That will give you an idea of what to expect regarding the fishing. If you were to join you can take the same person up to three times as a guest and just pay a nominal fee plus the day rate. That would give someone else a chance to see if they like the club. I don't know if they do this each year but when I joined the had a discount off the fee in December. I imagine most people are not looking at joining till spring so it was discounted and I think if you are over 62 the start up is less. As for partners they have a "Partner Finder" feature if you want to invite another member to join you on your trip.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide