Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13669788 08/16/20 02:04 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
From what I have read and not the fake FB posts, they arent defunding the police. They are taking some of the budget and using it to do some of the things that the police shouldnt have to do
and using that money to take it out off their hands.
Please attack.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13669893 08/16/20 04:06 PM
CaptainCrunch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Nothing to attack. You're describing the logic of the Austin city council, which makes sense in concept, but is likely to fail in reality. The Austin data shows that cops spend less than 1% of their time on violent crime, so why not off-load some of the other 99% of the workload and increase their focus on violent crime. That takes money to set up, so lets take it out of the police budget. The reality is that the cops will still be expected to do all the work they do today with a reduced budget, while the council does little to nothing to handle the workload that should have been off-loaded. Then the council will blame the police for all the resulting problems.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: soggybottom] #13669953 08/16/20 05:45 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by soggybottom
From what I have read and not the fake FB posts, they arent defunding the police. They are taking some of the budget and using it to do some of the things that the police shouldnt have to do
Please attack.

They are cutting mounted patrol, traffic, canine, overtime, cadet training for 3 years,and not replacing retiring positions. Haven't heard of cuts to the mayors protective detail though. More money from the tax payers for the homeless,who are exempted from all the rules and regs. that get ordinary citizens fined are arrested.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: fmrmbmlm] #13669964 08/16/20 06:02 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm
Originally Posted by soggybottom
Please attack.

They are cutting mounted patrol, traffic, canine, overtime, cadet training for 3 years,and not replacing retiring positions. Haven't heard of cuts to the mayors protective detail though. More money from the tax payers for the homeless,who are exempted from all the rules and regs. that get ordinary citizens fined are arrested.

Cuts like these may not be obvious at first but will be in future years. I read where defunding proposed in Norman, OK will prevent hiring of 8 new cadets this year and each year for 3 years. Yet, the city will keep growing, need for police will keep growing, and the police department will shrink. If this progresses, cities will never recover, even if they come to their senses

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13670001 08/16/20 06:50 PM
V
vm788 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
V
I don't post much here but just finished reading every post here. Don't worry, Austin won't be able to use that "saved" money for all the other projects because all the conferences and conventions will soon fade out for the lack of protection. I normally go to a minimum of three in Austin every year (except this year) along with another employee. We will easily drop $1,200.00 per trip if not more. Add that to 400 to 700 attendees and Austin will be losing a tremendous amount of revenue. Meaning taxes rising to meet the needs there. Statistics say more white men are killed by police. No one protest or riot for them. As said, just because one man makes a mistakes does not make all bad. I have two brothers and a nephew in law enforcement. One is a detective that has been recognized for his convictions for crimes against children. I stand proud for what they do. Amazing no media is talking about the life of a 5 year boy shot as he was riding his bike. Guessing only certain lives matter. I know it is a silly movie, but if you have seen "Idiocracy", that is where we are headed folks. And I still say "God Bless America".

"The first amendment was not written to protect people and their laws from religious values, it was written to protect those values from government tyranny."
Ronald Reagan
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: HasBen] #13670012 08/16/20 06:56 PM
U
uncle_bagster Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
U
Originally Posted by HasBen
My daughter in law and family are visiting this weekend from Norman, OK. Norman city council has voted to defund the police department and the citizens are now petitioning for a recall election for some of the council and the mayor. Now from what I understand, Norman has not had a bad experience with police, they just want to be considered as “woke” as LA, Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Little ole Norman, OK, the “woke” capital of Oklahoma.

Looks like the mayor might be the one getting "woke" up.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5669161/norman-recall-group-says-it-has-enough-signatures-for-mayor

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: uncle_bagster] #13670024 08/16/20 07:08 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by uncle_bagster
Originally Posted by HasBen
My daughter in law and family are visiting this weekend from Norman, OK. Norman city council has voted to defund the police department and the citizens are now petitioning for a recall election for some of the council and the mayor. Now from what I understand, Norman has not had a bad experience with police, they just want to be considered as “woke” as LA, Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Little ole Norman, OK, the “woke” capital of Oklahoma.

Looks like the mayor might be the one getting "woke" up.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5669161/norman-recall-group-says-it-has-enough-signatures-for-mayor

Awesome!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13670038 08/16/20 07:21 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Spoke with a friend this morning that is a longtime DPS trooper. His commander has already told him to be ready to deploy in Austin. So the citizens of Austin defund their PD and the citiens of Texas get to pay for the policing.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: vm788] #13670039 08/16/20 07:22 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by vm788
I don't post much here but just finished reading every post here. Don't worry, Austin won't be able to use that "saved" money for all the other projects because all the conferences and conventions will soon fade out for the lack of protection. I normally go to a minimum of three in Austin every year (except this year) along with another employee. We will easily drop $1,200.00 per trip if not more. Add that to 400 to 700 attendees and Austin will be losing a tremendous amount of revenue. Meaning taxes rising to meet the needs there. Statistics say more white men are killed by police. No one protest or riot for them. As said, just because one man makes a mistakes does not make all bad. I have two brothers and a nephew in law enforcement. One is a detective that has been recognized for his convictions for crimes against children. I stand proud for what they do. Amazing no media is talking about the life of a 5 year boy shot as he was riding his bike. Guessing only certain lives matter. I know it is a silly movie, but if you have seen "Idiocracy", that is where we are headed folks. And I still say "God Bless America".

Exactly! This is just another knee jerk reaction by the leftists and everyone will suffer more of their unintended consequences.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13670170 08/16/20 09:25 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Ha, my meme got deleted.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide