texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
aaron cox, Fastattacklures, CRosen, Rey Basser, Brandontmac
113744 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 97,033
hopalong 89,671
Pilothawk 80,169
John175☮ 77,777
JDavis7873 67,400
Bigbob_FTW 67,065
Derek 🐝 64,911
Mark Perry 60,707
Tritonman 58,983
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics780,342
Posts9,901,236
Members113,744
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
MLF 2 Rod Rule #13667830 08/14/20 05:16 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,675
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,675
Didn’t realize you can have 2 rods in the water at the same time! Was watching Brandon palaniuk taking a fish off then setting the hook on his other rod and catching it.
Why is this rule in MLF rules. That’s crazy!

Last edited by Bass-N-Buck Master; 08/14/20 05:17 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13667836 08/14/20 05:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 25,115
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 25,115
The rule is there because it makes for good TV/makes an entertaining Youtube clip.

If I remember correctly, there is some sort of penalty for doing so.


[Linked Image]
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13667858 08/14/20 05:35 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,496
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,496
You only get to do it once during a period without incurring a penalty. Afterwards, you have to sit in time out.

Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13667865 08/14/20 05:47 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,781
BigDozer66 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,781
fish


2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13667886 08/14/20 06:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,108
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,108
By that standard...they should let ya boat flip a fish per period. Or smash one against your shirt once per period. Or chunk a fish back in the lake l, over your shoulder, once per period. Lol


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13667896 08/14/20 06:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,295
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,295
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Didn’t realize you can have 2 rods in the water at the same time! Was watching Brandon palaniuk taking a fish off then setting the hook on his other rod and catching it.
Why is this rule in MLF rules. That’s crazy!


Why is it crazy. What's the purpose of the one rod in use at time rule. A bass club i was in for 25 years didn't have a rule against using more than 1 rod at time

Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13668023 08/14/20 08:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,391
F
Finesse Master/ Dropshot king Online Embarrased
Extreme Angler
Online Embarrased
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
By that standard...they should let ya boat flip a fish per period. Or smash one against your shirt once per period. Or chunk a fish back in the lake l, over your shoulder, once per period. Lol



roflmao

Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Barn] #13668029 08/14/20 08:35 PM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 24,475
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 24,475
This

Originally Posted by CCTX
The rule is there because it makes for good TV/makes an entertaining Youtube clip.


And this

Originally Posted by Barn
You only get to do it once during a period without incurring a penalty. Afterwards, you have to sit in time out.



[Linked Image]
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13668313 08/15/20 12:57 AM
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,036
A
avid_basser Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,036
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
This

Originally Posted by CCTX
The rule is there because it makes for good TV/makes an entertaining Youtube clip.


And this

Originally Posted by Barn
You only get to do it once during a period without incurring a penalty. Afterwards, you have to sit in time out.




^^^
This

Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: avid_basser] #13668315 08/15/20 12:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 33,338
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 33,338
Originally Posted by avid_basser
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
This

Originally Posted by CCTX
The rule is there because it makes for good TV/makes an entertaining Youtube clip.


And this

Originally Posted by Barn
You only get to do it once during a period without incurring a penalty. Afterwards, you have to sit in time out.




^^^
This


this ^^^^^

Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13668336 08/15/20 01:23 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,108
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,108
^^^^THOSE^^^^^


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF 2 Rod Rule [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13668529 08/15/20 10:20 AM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 111
L
LA Ron Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 111
well Bass-N -Buck Master looks like you got TFFed on that one. roflmao

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3