Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667638 08/14/20 02:52 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
If cops would stop murdering people, than movements to reduce funding for police departments might not be taking place.

Would you be willing to say "If rioters would stop murdering people, and burning down people's businesses, then movements to send police into demonstrations that turn into violent riots would allow for peaceful demonstrations" ?

Occupation university professor

Put the tall grass down dude.

GOD is good!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Gusick] #13667660 08/14/20 03:09 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Gusick
Austin will still have rules and laws. They will still have police, but their budget will be reduced by 1/3. That's a substantial cut but it's not the anarchy that some are making it out to be.

That said, I'm not necessarily in favor of this. I don't know if Austin's PD is over funded or under funded, I live to far away to know or care. I doubt funding is the problem that causes police to kill too many people. It's probably their standards or training that needs to be changed.

To be clear, because apparently it wasn’t in my previous post, the anarchists I was referring to were those who destroyed private and public property, not necessarily all of those calling for defunding the police.

[Linked Image]
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667661 08/14/20 03:10 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
If cops would stop murdering people, than movements to reduce funding for police departments might not be taking place.

Did you have any issue with Obama publicly convicting police that were involved in shootings BEFORE THE FACTS were established? Do I need to give you a history lesson to educate you about the times he instigated hatred towards the police by convicting them in the court of public opinion? As a university professor, do you have the ability to actually look at both sides of an issue? Obama did more to instigate hatred of the police than any single incident.

If professors would stop sexually preying on young girls, giving them cocaine, giving them good grades to sleep with them, encouraging boys to become girls, taking salaries to sit in front of a class and regurgitate the radical left agenda to "transform America" into Obama's idea of a utopia, then maybe university professors would not be such a despicable group of useless overpaid lazy self indulging narcissistic snowflakes that think being woke is worshiping Obama.

You woke up and became a puppet.

GOD is good!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: bigrebar] #13667663 08/14/20 03:12 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bigrebar
The Austin Retired Police Union guy was on the radio this morning. He stated that no new recruit class will start under this budget until late 2021 or even into 2022. Then its 8 months of class, then the ride along time, which puts the new recruits out on their own into 2023. At the current rate of retirement, the City of Austin will have a 400 officer reduction, they were already 150 officers short before this came to head. Add to that the officers that are leaving to get out of the Toxic environment, the City of Austin in a very short amount of time may have the police force equivalent of the 1990's. There were 15 officers that left this week alone, pre-retirement age.

Exactly. This is the result of slashing the police budget. The next domino to fall will be an increase in crime.

Either those calling for budget cuts to police are too obtuse to see this as the obvious result, or they’re promoting slashing of the budget to fund social workers because they want this result. I don’t know which is worse, honestly.

[Linked Image]
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13667669 08/14/20 03:19 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The Austin Retired Police Union guy was on the radio this morning. He stated that no new recruit class will start under this budget until late 2021 or even into 2022. Then its 8 months of class, then the ride along time, which puts the new recruits out on their own into 2023. At the current rate of retirement, the City of Austin will have a 400 officer reduction, they were already 150 officers short before this came to head. Add to that the officers that are leaving to get out of the Toxic environment, the City of Austin in a very short amount of time may have the police force equivalent of the 1990's. There were 15 officers that left this week alone, pre-retirement age.

Exactly. This is the result of slashing the police budget. The next domino to fall will be an increase in crime.

Either those calling for budget cuts to police are too obtuse to see this as the obvious result, or they’re promoting slashing of the budget to fund social workers because they want this result. I don’t know which is worse, honestly.

As long as the Austinites get enough Tallgrass they will stay stoned and the need for police will be nil.

GOD is good!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13667682 08/14/20 03:28 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

and then these S hole cities will ask for help with their issues. Eff them

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: ReelSlow] #13667686 08/14/20 03:35 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ReelSlow

Did you have any issue with Obama publicly convicting police that were involved in shootings BEFORE THE FACTS were established? Do I need to give you a history lesson to educate you about the times he instigated hatred towards the police by convicting them in the court of public opinion? As a university professor, do you have the ability to actually look at both sides of an issue? Obama did more to instigate hatred of the police than any single incident.

If professors would stop sexually preying on young girls, giving them cocaine, giving them good grades to sleep with them, encouraging boys to become girls, taking salaries to sit in front of a class and regurgitate the radical left agenda to "transform America" into Obama's idea of a utopia, then maybe university professors would not be such a despicable group of useless overpaid lazy self indulging narcissistic snowflakes that think being woke is worshiping Obama.

cheers

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667688 08/14/20 03:35 PM
410MAN Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

VERY good come back Reelslow.

Last edited by 410MAN; 08/14/20 03:36 PM.

Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tiltman] #13667725 08/14/20 04:03 PM
B
BrahmanTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Minneapolis asked for the federal government to bail them out of their "soft" approach to criminals destroying the city,
And they want to eliminate police department. You can't make this [censored] up.

-------------------------
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667730 08/14/20 04:05 PM
B
bigrebar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
To add to the insanity, Austin will vote on a new mass transit project. First vote is for 6 to 8 Billion to build light rail, but the initial estimates are that 12 to 15 Billion is what it will take to actually see the project through. No wording on the ballot that I have seen that even mentions the maintenance cost once in operation.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667743 08/14/20 04:15 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Liberals:

Defund the police

Also Liberals:

You don't need guns for protection, just call 9/11

Yup.....they really are that stupid.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: bigrebar] #13667747 08/14/20 04:18 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
To add to the insanity, Austin will vote on a new mass transit project. First vote is for 6 to 8 Billion to build light rail, but the initial estimates are that 12 to 15 Billion is what it will take to actually see the project through. No wording on the ballot that I have seen that even mentions the maintenance cost once in operation.

Tesla will build it.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667748 08/14/20 04:19 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
My daughter in law and family are visiting this weekend from Norman, OK. Norman city council has voted to defund the police department and the citizens are now petitioning for a recall election for some of the council and the mayor. Now from what I understand, Norman has not had a bad experience with police, they just want to be considered as “woke” as LA, Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Little ole Norman, OK, the “woke” capital of Oklahoma.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: HasBen] #13667753 08/14/20 04:21 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by HasBen
My daughter in law and family are visiting this weekend from Norman, OK. Norman city council has voted to defund the police department and the citizens are now petitioning for a recall election for some of the council and the mayor. Now from what I understand, Norman has not had a bad experience with police, they just want to be considered as “woke” as LA, Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Little ole Norman, OK, the “woke” capital of Oklahoma.

This surprises me. I really like Oklahoma, but this is weak idiocy-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667764 08/14/20 04:28 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Reel Slow...... Nice! clap

I think the use of the word "university" in the first paragraph may be a stretch but fantastic post.

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide