Forums59
Topics1,038,967
Posts13,956,606
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663372 08/10/20 10:04 PM
T
tejasbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
100% against. It's a public lake in Texas. I'm certain home owners on every lake in the country are seeing increased boat traffic due to COVID. This is not an isolated issue for lake Athens.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663396 08/10/20 10:23 PM
O
olemanfish Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
ask the city of dallas what happened when they tried to do this to ray hubbard. the coe told them they could if they paid them back the money they paid to build the lake.

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Mark Perry] #13663401 08/10/20 10:28 PM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Homeowners on a public complaining about other people fishing "their" lake is like buying a house next to a freeway then complaining other people are driving on it

Its a public resource.

I'd love to have a no jet-skiing on every lake. It ain't going to happen. I can either find a way to put up with it or stop fishing. It's public waters. The ski-fleas and wake boaters have the same right to public waters as I do.

All of this talk about permits to fish makes me think of Lake McQueeney. How did a publicly funded lake turn into a HOA only lake? (Yes, I know what happened to all of the GBRA lakes)

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663421 08/10/20 10:41 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Against
Add a ramp fee if there’s not one now!

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663431 08/10/20 10:47 PM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
The world needs less fees

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: 361V] #13663538 08/11/20 12:15 AM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by harvey walker
I can understand how the home owners feel. Our poor Lake Waco is almost the same way. You work all week then on the weekend you go to the lake and the parking lot is full of boat from the Metro-plex. Every inch of the water is being fished. This is why I don't even go on the weekend any more, and most of the time it takes days for the fishing to come back. And yes they don't add to the local economy.
Respect your opinion but also respectfully I think comparing “rights” between a lake owned(and managed by) the Army Corps of Engineers and a lake owned by the local water municipality(Athens Municipal Water District) as a bad comparison. True “apples to oranges”. Prolly just me.

I think 361 has made a point that many have overlooked or didn't realize; the lake wasn't built by the state or the corps, it was built by the local water company. So, to my understanding that means that unless you pay Athens water bills your taxes haven't paid for anything but the occasional stocking from the TPWD hatchery up the hill so I don't understand the sense of entitlement to fish there for free.

Scott Jones
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Outdoordude] #13663650 08/11/20 01:45 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Outdoordude
I can understand how the home owners feel. Our poor Lake Waco is almost the same way. You work all week then on the weekend you go to the lake and the parking lot is full of boat from the Metro-plex. Every inch of the water is being fished. This is why I don't even go on the weekend any more, and most of the time it takes days for the fishing to come back. And yes they don't add to the local economy.
Respect your opinion but also respectfully I think comparing “rights” between a lake owned(and managed by) the Army Corps of Engineers and a lake owned by the local water municipality(Athens Municipal Water District) as a bad comparison. True “apples to oranges”. Prolly just me.

I think 361 has made a point that many have overlooked or didn't realize; the lake wasn't built by the state or the corps, it was built by the local water company. So, to my understanding that means that unless you pay Athens water bills your taxes haven't paid for anything but the occasional stocking from the TPWD hatchery up the hill so I don't understand the sense of entitlement to fish there for free.

No entitlement here......our tax dollars have helped stock it.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0031

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Outdoordude] #13663671 08/11/20 02:07 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

You just gave the answer, it's a good bass fishery BECAUSE of our tax dollars hammer bang

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Frank the Tank] #13663765 08/11/20 03:26 AM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

You just gave the answer, it's a good bass fishery BECAUSE of our tax dollars hammer bang

There's been a misunderstanding of my point. TPWD manages the fishery (that includes the fish, the habitat and the anglers). They have nothing to do with maintenance of facilities, boat ramps, parking lots, docks on that lake. My position is that it would be reasonable to charge a fee that goes directly towards access point maintenance and improvement for a place that gets that much traffic. I haven't said anything about restricting public access to the lake.

Scott Jones
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663770 08/11/20 03:28 AM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
As long as pubic access is unlimited, I'd pay to play.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Tjbev13] #13663784 08/11/20 03:58 AM
J
Jeremyworm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Tjbev13
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933

I find it hard to believe metro-plex anglers are really chomping at the bit to go fish Lake Waco.

Hahahahahaha "lets go to Waco" -Said no one EVER!!! roflmao

Lol...right

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663788 08/11/20 04:08 AM
J
Jeremyworm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
In all seriousness I would be fine with a small $5ish ramp fee to help maintain facilities if they truly go to the ramp and maintaining of those facilities. Other than that I would be a hard no

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: Jeremyworm] #13663796 08/11/20 04:28 AM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Jeremyworm
In all seriousness I would be fine with a small $5ish ramp fee to help maintain facilities if they truly go to the ramp and maintaining of those facilities. Other than that I would be a hard no

Agreed. Not to pad the pockets of the lake side owners. No

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663801 08/11/20 04:38 AM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Sounds like Karl has been listening to his wife Karen and its rubbed off on him. breakdance

Re: Change Lake Athens to a fee to fish lake? [Re: BWL Coast] #13663806 08/11/20 05:08 AM
B
BJH ( JUST JIGGING) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
!00.00 dollar per yr. pass. $1000.00 for tournaments!!!!

I would agree with you , but then we would both be WRONG !!!!!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide