Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655608 08/04/20 03:38 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You realize that if a novel virus arrives in March, you can’t have multicenter, double blind RCTs done by August right?

Think about the logistics of that, irrespective of the efficacy.

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655612 08/04/20 03:43 AM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

When hydroxychloroquine started being hyped for COVID months ago, I stated that good science was being tossed out the window. I stand by my statement. The whole hydroxychloroquine thing is a great example of the country's scientific illiteracy.

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

Curious, how do you discount the validity of this study? There is obviously something to this treatment under the right protocol, believing it is all just hype is just showing ignorance or intellectual dishonesty. I'm betting on the later.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655638 08/04/20 06:17 AM
Alumacraft 14 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Please read the original Newsweek publication the credentials of the Yale epidemiologist make his statements worth serious consideration. Put aside the Trump narrative and look at this objectively. Your points about the gold standard of testing was answered by the very same Yale epidemiologist, in a fox news story that I linked above. This may be something that could save someone you know or love. Put that into perspective, read the articles first and come to your conclusion.

Last edited by Alumacraft 14; 08/04/20 06:18 AM.
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Gusick] #13655808 08/04/20 01:20 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Gusick
Why would anyone who isn't a doctor have something to say about hydroxychloroquine?

Advocating the off-label use of prescription drugs during a press conference is an off-the-wall thing for anyone to do. A doctor privately prescribing it on a case by case basis is one thing, but a politician pumping it with the same gusto that Vince pumped the ShamWow?

It's just bizarre, he created a cult-like following for this questionably effective/questionable save drug, and now it's become the essential oils of covid 19.
All that the man was trying to do was pass on a ray of hope he had learned about. People were scared, he was trying to be a good leader and give people some positive news.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655822 08/04/20 01:35 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Must not be a very good treatment, combined with Magnesium and Zinc. I do know 3 doctors that took that combo when they had a positive Covid result, and they fared very well with optimum turn around. One went from severe Shortness of Breath to normalcy within 4 hours. O2 sats confirmed the result of the meds. Maybe it was just "luck" it worked for them. LOL!

only reason this drug hasn't been touted to be an effective tool against Covid 19 is the fact Trump mentioned it.... politics cloud the weak minded fool's brain

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13655839 08/04/20 01:46 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company. The patent for azithromycin, which is used in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine, is owned by Pfizer. You can rest assured that if there is actually meaningful evidence the drug combination works those companies will be screaming from the rooftops about it.

The problem with hydroxychloroquine is that the evidence it works is a mixed bag at best. A few studies saying it works. A bunch of studies saying it doesn't. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in that it probably works sometimes in some specific situations. In other situations it could be harmful.

In any case, given the lack of a definitive conclusion in the medical world, I believe the decision to use the drug should be between a patient and their doctor.

What isn't helpful is parading around charlatan doctors (like Stella Emmanuel) who are claiming it's a miracle cure for COVID. Let's ignore all the problems with her, and just say if she has evidence of that she should present hard data and let it be reviewed by her peers. Otherwise she's just a political grand-stander.

Well since there is NOTHING else that they say works any time the a treatment that has some record of working a certain percentage of the time is the best treatment. Isn’t it?
I have 4 employees and 2 of their kids that have had it. Two of them had no critical symptoms the rest were all treated with the above drugs and were over it in less than 7 days.
I’ll go with it if I catch Covid.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: 9094] #13655855 08/04/20 02:01 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by 9094
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company. The patent for azithromycin, which is used in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine, is owned by Pfizer. You can rest assured that if there is actually meaningful evidence the drug combination works those companies will be screaming from the rooftops about it.

The problem with hydroxychloroquine is that the evidence it works is a mixed bag at best. A few studies saying it works. A bunch of studies saying it doesn't. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in that it probably works sometimes in some specific situations. In other situations it could be harmful.

In any case, given the lack of a definitive conclusion in the medical world, I believe the decision to use the drug should be between a patient and their doctor.

What isn't helpful is parading around charlatan doctors (like Stella Emmanuel) who are claiming it's a miracle cure for COVID. Let's ignore all the problems with her, and just say if she has evidence of that she should present hard data and let it be reviewed by her peers. Otherwise she's just a political grand-stander.

Well since there is NOTHING else that they say works any time the a treatment that has some record of working a certain percentage of the time is the best treatment. Isn’t it?
I have 4 employees and 2 of their kids that have had it. Two of them had no critical symptoms the rest were all treated with the above drugs and were over it in less than 7 days.
I’ll go with it if I catch Covid.

I'm not sure it's fair to say there is nothing else that works. I think doctors have gotten vastly better at treating it. Remdesivir and Dexamethasone both have shown strong promise. From what I read other treatments like placing patients on their stomachs and putting off vents as long as possible have helped as well.

My main approach here is to stay as healthy as possible. Eating healthy and exercise daily. I've lost 20lbs. Taking a multi-vitamin, D3, trying to social distance, washing hands like I've got OCD, and of course wearing a mask when I can't social distance.

If I still wound up in the hospital, I'd take the doctors advice on Hydroxychloroquine whatever that may be.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Gusick] #13655880 08/04/20 02:32 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Gusick
Why would anyone who isn't a doctor have something to say about hydroxychloroquine?

Advocating the off-label use of prescription drugs during a press conference is an off-the-wall thing for anyone to do. A doctor privately prescribing it on a case by case basis is one thing, but a politician pumping it with the same gusto that Vince pumped the ShamWow?

It's just bizarre, he created a cult-like following for this questionably effective/questionable save drug, and now it's become the essential oils of covid 19.

You should ask Bill Gates that question.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655882 08/04/20 02:34 PM
Pilothawk Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
grin

KANSAS JAYHAWK BASKETBALL - Where tradition comes from [Linked Image]
2008 NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS-ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS 2008
52 Conf Champs /5 Nat'l Champs
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13655888 08/04/20 02:44 PM
O
OldCrow Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
There is no double-blind, randomized, placebo study that shows hydroxychloroquine is effective at preventing or curing COVID-19.

Also none associated with wearing a mask or 6 foot distancing. Are you also against those?

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13655890 08/04/20 02:48 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

That’s not how that works. Surely everyone realizes that there’s no money in old drugs because of the generics available?

(See how PC that was?) grin

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #13655897 08/04/20 02:53 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Must not be a very good treatment, combined with Magnesium and Zinc. I do know 3 doctors that took that combo when they had a positive Covid result, and they fared very well with optimum turn around. One went from severe Shortness of Breath to normalcy within 4 hours. O2 sats confirmed the result of the meds. Maybe it was just "luck" it worked for them. LOL!

only reason this drug hasn't been touted to be an effective tool against Covid 19 is the fact Trump mentioned it.... politics cloud the weak minded fool's brain

Yep. I've already checked with my Family doctor clinic, asking "What if my wife and I get this china flu"? They say they will give me the hydryoxy, zpack and zinc along with the inhalant steroid, after they tell me the risks. They said results have been great so far with their patients. There is also a clinic in Dallas, Lozano clinic, where their website shows hundreds of testimonials from real people, names and faces, that have done the hydroxy etc. and how well it worked for them. I don't care what some liberal professor says against it. If I get the Wuhan, I want the hydroxy. Period.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: OldCrow] #13655905 08/04/20 03:03 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by OldCrow
There is no double-blind, randomized, placebo study that shows hydroxychloroquine is effective at preventing or curing COVID-19.

Also none associated with wearing a mask or 6 foot distancing. Are you also against those?

Hahaha!

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13655944 08/04/20 03:30 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Let the believers believe and let the dems think it won't work. roflmao

Now science has found that under the right circumstances, a placebo can be just as effective as traditional treatments. "The placebo effect is more than positive thinking — believing a treatment or procedure will work.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Bob Davis] #13655975 08/04/20 03:58 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie

Yep. I've already checked with my Family doctor clinic, asking "What if my wife and I get this china flu"? They say they will give me the hydryoxy, zpack and zinc along with the inhalant steroid, after they tell me the risks. They said results have been great so far with their patients. There is also a clinic in Dallas, Lozano clinic, where their website shows hundreds of testimonials from real people, names and faces, that have done the hydroxy etc. and how well it worked for them. I don't care what some liberal professor says against it. If I get the Wuhan, I want the hydroxy. Period.

No Bob, no! Never mind that thousands of patients and many doctors tout the efficacy, the bug man from Kansas says it is bad because there has been no "gold standard" study (and Orange Man said it might be helpful).

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide