Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: TxBazzn] #13652391 08/01/20 02:39 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
They don’t make the rules different for each event. A sub 150 motor usually goes on a smaller boat which would be very dangerous on lakes like the Great Lakes. I noticed he had a different aluminum boat that’s bigger and makes the requirements so he had options.
I assume there is an element of equality in the decision to have this rule as well. Anglers that drive across the country and put up money to compete are the only people the organizers listen too. They must’ve felt it was an issue.

It would definitely limit where you can safely go on a Great Lake. Just like a huge bass boat with a large motor will limit where you can go in a shallow creek in a river. No one is saying you have to own both. People are saying it’s ok, IF YOU WANT TO, own a small boat with a smaller motor for different styles of fishing that might be adaptable for different tournaments.

It’s not hard to understand.

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13652401 08/01/20 02:46 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Said another way, if the tours want exciting fishing (meaning big fish being caught) they should either avoid rivers, where getting back into creeks might be the best way catch big fish, or allow guys to fish out of boats that fit the place they’re holding the tournament.

There is zero advantage to have a boat like that in most tournaments. Having a rule like that only protects guys who don’t want to own multiple boatS (Nd I doubt most guys on tour don’t already have more than one boat). Let them fish out of whatever works for the individual. That’s why MLF is popular. It lets guys fish whatever way they’re best to catch as many pounds as possible on a given body of water.

[Linked Image]
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13652430 08/01/20 03:09 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

[/quote]

Does that price anyone out from competing? Or are you only worried about the guys with a sponsor boat who can’t tow multiple boats to an event?[/quote]

Still waiting for your obvious reasons my racing comparison is no good.

Im not worried about anyone I thought I was just pointing out the completely obvious why there would be rules going both way or rules at all. On the edge of your seat for you to explain this

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Car racing is a terrible comparison to small motor restrictions in bass fishing for obvious reasons, Jeff.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13652565 08/01/20 12:31 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Poche handled it pretty good considering the circumstances......somebody at FLW overreacted to a complaint about somebody using a smaller aluminum boat motor and stuck this ridulous rule in there about 150 hp minimum...almost 50 years of bass tournaments,hundreds of tournament trails and nobody else has ever had a rule like that .....Most of us would have been mad as hell if we paid a large entry fee,were in top 20 after first day and got disqualified over some rule like that....give Poche some credit,he handled it well and said it was his fault both in his first day interview and re-emphasized it again in the second day interview....
you can bet that rule will be gone by next year.....

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: beartrap] #13652580 08/01/20 12:49 PM
B
BillS2006 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
Poche handled it pretty good considering the circumstances......somebody at FLW overreacted to a complaint about somebody using a smaller aluminum boat motor and stuck this ridulous rule in there about 150 hp minimum...almost 50 years of bass tournaments,hundreds of tournament trails and nobody else has ever had a rule like that .....Most of us would have been mad as hell if we paid a large entry fee,were in top 20 after first day and got disqualified over some rule like that....give Poche some credit,he handled it well and said it was his fault both in his first day interview and re-emphasized it again in the second day interview....
you can bet that rule will be gone by next year.....

BASS has a similar rule. The rule was made after Roland Martin used a jet boat to get up the Connecticut River that others couldn't.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13652585 08/01/20 12:56 PM
T
The Netstretcher Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Jeff, allowing people to make choices does not equal forcing them to do something.

A oval track example that went down a few years ago in my racing circle.

When the modified class went to a crate engine option, we could still run a open engine also, the open was better on heavy wet tracks, the crate was better on drier tracks because it got a 2 inch spoiler. Right away there were guys showing up with one crate car one open car and choosing which to run after hot laps (seeing track conditions). a rule was quickly made that you had to declare at sign in open or crate. Without that rule people needed two cars... two cars at 40k each wasnt going to keep the one night a week racer with a open trailer in the game long, We would have ended up with only the guys with two and three car trailers racing each other, so 5-10 cars a night, the class would be dropped from weekly racing and quickly turn into a touring only series just like, sprint cars and late models have for the most part.

Did Poche bring an aluminum and a glass boat? If not, it seems like you endorse his strategy and condemn the 150hp rule. He “signed up” with an aluminum, while everyone else “signed up” with a glass. The rule in your example doesn’t say you can’t own both, just that you can only bring one...

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: The Netstretcher] #13652604 08/01/20 01:20 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by The Netstretcher
Jeff, allowing people to make choices does not equal forcing them to do something.

A oval track example that went down a few years ago in my racing circle.

When the modified class went to a crate engine option, we could still run a open engine also, the open was better on heavy wet tracks, the crate was better on drier tracks because it got a 2 inch spoiler. Right away there were guys showing up with one crate car one open car and choosing which to run after hot laps (seeing track conditions). a rule was quickly made that you had to declare at sign in open or crate. Without that rule people needed two cars... two cars at 40k each wasnt going to keep the one night a week racer with a open trailer in the game long, We would have ended up with only the guys with two and three car trailers racing each other, so 5-10 cars a night, the class would be dropped from weekly racing and quickly turn into a touring only series just like, sprint cars and late models have for the most part.

Did Poche bring an aluminum and a glass boat? If not, it seems like you endorse his strategy and condemn the 150hp rule. He “signed up” with an aluminum, while everyone else “signed up” with a glass. The rule in your example doesn’t say you can’t own both, just that you can only bring one...

I dont Endorse or care in the least about supposed professional fishing. If not for all the crying posts on here about it I would Not know it exists.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13652626 08/01/20 01:38 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Does that price anyone out from competing? Or are you only worried about the guys with a sponsor boat who can’t tow multiple boats to an event?

Im not worried about anyone I thought I was just pointing out the completely obvious why there would be rules going both way or rules at all. On the edge of your seat for you to explain this

Well, now that you’ve explained you wouldn’t know professional bass fishing existed if it weren’t for the TFF, maybe it’s not so obvious. Also, get out of my seat, please.

[Linked Image]
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13652680 08/01/20 02:34 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Does that price anyone out from competing? Or are you only worried about the guys with a sponsor boat who can’t tow multiple boats to an event?

Well, now that you’ve explained you wouldn’t know professional bass fishing existed if it weren’t for the TFF, maybe it’s not so obvious. Also, get out of my seat, please.

So your still not going to explain?

If it’s so obvious it seems it would only take you a a second to reply.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13652781 08/01/20 04:14 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I just watched the Knockout round on Lake Fork. Poche was in an aluminum boat but it appeared to have an engine that was larger than 90hp. Was this the tournament he was DQ'd from?

Do the MLF officials inspect each boat BEFORE they start the tournament or was he DQ'd after the event?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Rayzor] #13652853 08/01/20 05:29 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Rayzor
I just watched the Knockout round on Lake Fork. Poche was in an aluminum boat but it appeared to have an engine that was larger than 90hp. Was this the tournament he was DQ'd from?

Do the MLF officials inspect each boat BEFORE they start the tournament or was he DQ'd after the event?

Lol

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13652875 08/01/20 06:15 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Said another way, if the tours want exciting fishing (meaning big fish being caught) they should either avoid rivers, where getting back into creeks might be the best way catch big fish, or allow guys to fish out of boats that fit the place they’re holding the tournament.

There is zero advantage to have a boat like that in most tournaments. Having a rule like that only protects guys who don’t want to own multiple boatS (Nd I doubt most guys on tour don’t already have more than one boat). Let them fish out of whatever works for the individual. That’s why MLF is popular. It lets guys fish whatever way they’re best to catch as many pounds as possible on a given body of water.

In the MLF cup events they all have to fish out of equally equippted 18 foot boats with 150hp motors, I don't think they can bring a small tin boat

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: beartrap] #13652879 08/01/20 06:21 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
... you can bet that rule will be gone by next year.....

Why would they get rid of the rule???... The only one complaining is Poche and he's already said he's done with fishing FLW events... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Dan21XRS] #13652889 08/01/20 06:37 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
... you can bet that rule will be gone by next year.....

Why would they get rid of the rule???... The only one complaining is Poche and he's already said he's done with fishing FLW events... Dan

look at the big picture.....why would you eliminate all the potential entrants (customers) who own a smaller than 150 hp engine due to having a rule that isn't necessary and really serves no useful purpose?......reminds me of forcing a customer to leave your restaurant because he parked in a take out food parking space....

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Dubee] #13652916 08/01/20 07:30 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Rayzor

Lol

LOL what?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide