Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651762 07/31/20 04:06 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Shocking part of this is that FLW actually DQ'd some one over a rule violation! If you like the rules don't fish the tournaments! But that would require you to actually do your job and read the rules beforehand! 1 person only to blame! Himself!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651779 07/31/20 04:15 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Hell i say let the Kayak guys compete as well.

Every boat is gonna have its advantages and disadvantages. Should be up to the angler to weigh each and decide which equipment he wants to use.

You want to put up entry and fish from the shore on public grounds? Have at it.

You want to fish from a tube? Have at it.

Unless officials believe a boat is not seaworthy, boat choice should be up to the angler. The smaller motor doesnt give him anymore advantage or make him any less safe. I think the boat size has more to do with accessibility and safety than h.p.

The one thing i disagree with is several, not necessarily on here, have said Poche was whining. He took full responsibility. Dont see where he whined at all.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651786 07/31/20 04:17 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Didn't Ott use his river boat in a tournament fairly recently? The boat was legal at tournament time but shortly after they banned the use of those style boats?

*By the way I don't like the rule, but a rule is a rule.

Last edited by SAKS; 07/31/20 04:19 PM.
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651810 07/31/20 04:47 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
A rule is a rule, no matter what a competitor's opinion of it may be. The rule was not even new for this year, so it's all on Poche to read the rules and be prepared to compete. Would he like some cheese to go with that whine? On a sidenote, if it had to happen to someone, I'm just fine it was that ultra hick-acting hothead. Serves him right.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: SAKS] #13651825 07/31/20 05:01 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by SAKS
Didn't Ott use his river boat in a tournament fairly recently? The boat was legal at tournament time but shortly after they banned the use of those style boats?

Yes it was in the opens, Ott changed the tunnel hull rule for the opens, I think Biffle before that changed the jet drive rule for the opens also on the Arkansas before the Ott deal happened. As was mentioned before Cox changed the small tin boat rules for FLW and I think Menendez on Dardenelle did for the Elite series. All 4 of these guys won these events.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Flippin-Out] #13651833 07/31/20 05:06 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
hick-acting hothead.

roflmao I think he must be kin to Shelby

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13651835 07/31/20 05:07 PM
H2O Seeker Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I never have gotten these restrictions and rules to limit guys. There are zero restrictions on technology but God forbid a guy uses a smaller boat. You can't have a 90hp but a guy can have 20k in electronics? They all have the same opportunity to use a small boat

If a series got enough money from say garmin you can bet they would limit it to garmin only etc.

UFC did just that, they got a deal from reebok paid to them and stopped allowing fighters to wear branded gear. fighters had to wear only reebok and ufc gave them reebok money bla bla bla.. George Saint Pierre retired because of this reebok deal, he had contracts with apparel etc that extended for 3 years he clearly said if he broke his contracts he would lose money, period. He coincidentally came back and fought almost exactly 3 years later once his personal deals were over or able to be re negotiated.

Exclusivity contracts are rare and rightly so. Not a very good business move. It would have to be LARGE in the fishing world to stick for longer than a 1 year deal.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651886 07/31/20 05:46 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Outlawing certain boats is dumb, if you want the advantages of a certain boat you have the same ability to fish out of one as everyone else. If you wanna run a jet great your gonna be slow and get beat up in rough water but maybe it works out. You wanna run a big glass boat your gonna be fast and comfortable and fish the big water great but maybe you get stuck. You wanna fish out of a pontoon boat even better for rough water and you can bring a big cooler full of drinks. lol

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13651887 07/31/20 05:47 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by SAKS

Yes it was in the opens, Ott changed the tunnel hull rule for the opens, I think Biffle before that changed the jet drive rule for the opens also on the Arkansas before the Ott deal happened. As was mentioned before Cox changed the small tin boat rules for FLW and I think Menendez on Dardenelle did for the Elite series. All 4 of these guys won these events.

Yup and instead of changing the rules guys should of realized that it was in their best interest to invest in a river rig. Instead people whine and complain when someone has what they don't or when someone thinks outside the box.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Tiltman] #13651932 07/31/20 06:27 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by Dubee
[quote=Tiltman][quote=rj74955][quote=dillydilly24]It’s no different than equipment on a boat. If he wants to sacrifice the ride and stability of a big boat with his aluminum rig to get into skinny water, good for him. If I’m not mistaken he was fishing the same or a really similar rig when mlf went up north and he whacked them in big water. Fall back on the Ol’ it’s a rule argument because you realized your original one was dumb. Bout right. [/quot
I don't think it was the same one

Ok I’ll text him back and tell him he’s FOS

Well did you tell him he is FOS. Because that wasn't his regular boat

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651948 07/31/20 06:42 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
No, decided I was FOS and misunderstood him.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13651980 07/31/20 07:13 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I didn't take his comments as whining. Just putting info out there as people were asking him. Sounded like he said it was his mistake. He then said he thought it was a silly rule and tvat he did not care for the FLW events. Said he was done with tgem.

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13651982 07/31/20 07:15 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
So requiring a guy to buy a bigger boat with more HP is not making their anglers spend more to compete?

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Jeff, allowing people to make choices does not equal forcing them to do something.

Clearly you have never been in a competition where one can buy a advantage.

You mean like having 12k of graphs, just on your front deck? https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...51140/re-garmin-differences#Post13651140

Jeff can't see the insane hypocrisy in his argument. Nor would he ever admit when he's wrong. His argument is nonsense. Time to move along.

hmmm so you want to allow kayak guys in regular tournaments? Its there rules they can make what they want, if people don't like it they cant take their ball and go home, which Poche did, I don't see this making FLW look bad but it definitely made Poche look stupid

If a kayak had the means for a working livewell then sure why not?

Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: H2O Seeker] #13652009 07/31/20 07:35 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
He’s posted another video today to his social media’s, with a little more explanation.

Daiwa biased

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Poche DQ'd.... [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13652044 07/31/20 08:20 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Jeff, allowing people to make choices does not equal forcing them to do something.

Clearly you have never been in a competition where one can buy a advantage.

After 24 seasons of oval track racing I can tell you less rules just cost more money, costing money just removes some players from the game.

Everyone needs to perceive they have a chance at winning or they will stop entering... that may not completely apply in fishing since nobody is making a living or in the green based on their tourney payout. but it still applies, if guys need to find another driver to tow another boat in case the pattern is a back water shallow pattern, that is a expense, it will remove 1-2-3 of the field fillers or bottom feeders as they "feel" they cant compete without that.

A oval track example that went down a few years ago in my racing circle.

When the modified class went to a crate engine option, we could still run a open engine also, the open was better on heavy wet tracks, the crate was better on drier tracks because it got a 2 inch spoiler. Right away there were guys showing up with one crate car one open car and choosing which to run after hot laps (seeing track conditions). a rule was quickly made that you had to declare at sign in open or crate. Without that rule people needed two cars... two cars at 40k each wasnt going to keep the one night a week racer with a open trailer in the game long, We would have ended up with only the guys with two and three car trailers racing each other, so 5-10 cars a night, the class would be dropped from weekly racing and quickly turn into a touring only series just like, sprint cars and late models have for the most part.

Others have already addressed why this and your kayak comparison are extremely bad comparisons, which saved me a lot of time.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide