Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13651416 07/31/20 11:36 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Yall look at kfdm facebook. The local doc they have on all the time currently has covid and he is doing daily updates. He says what meds hes taking and it isnt the expensive ones the political machine is pushing

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13651428 07/31/20 11:50 AM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company. The patent for azithromycin, which is used in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine, is owned by Pfizer. You can rest assured that if there is actually meaningful evidence the drug combination works those companies will be screaming from the rooftops about it.

The problem with hydroxychloroquine is that the evidence it works is a mixed bag at best. A few studies saying it works. A bunch of studies saying it doesn't. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in that it probably works sometimes in some specific situations. In other situations it could be harmful.

In any case, given the lack of a definitive conclusion in the medical world, I believe the decision to use the drug should be between a patient and their doctor.

What isn't helpful is parading around charlatan doctors (like Stella Emmanuel) who are claiming it's a miracle cure for COVID. Let's ignore all the problems with her, and just say if she has evidence of that she should present hard data and let it be reviewed by her peers. Otherwise she's just a political grand-stander.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: WAWI] #13651494 07/31/20 12:51 PM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted by WAWI
I will demand it if and when I get it.

Same here.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13651504 07/31/20 12:55 PM
K
K3913 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company. The patent for azithromycin, which is used in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine, is owned by Pfizer. You can rest assured that if there is actually meaningful evidence the drug combination works those companies will be screaming from the rooftops about it.

The problem with hydroxychloroquine is that the evidence it works is a mixed bag at best. A few studies saying it works. A bunch of studies saying it doesn't. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle in that it probably works sometimes in some specific situations. In other situations it could be harmful.

In any case, given the lack of a definitive conclusion in the medical world, I believe the decision to use the drug should be between a patient and their doctor.

What isn't helpful is parading around charlatan doctors (like Stella Emmanuel) who are claiming it's a miracle cure for COVID. Let's ignore all the problems with her, and just say if she has evidence of that she should present hard data and let it be reviewed by her peers. Otherwise she's just a political grand-stander.

Racist.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13651551 07/31/20 01:35 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Isn’t there generic hydroxychloroquine? It’s been around 65 years, surely the patent ran out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13651584 07/31/20 02:03 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Use alien DNA and demonic spirits?

Orange man bad. Disregard the Yale professor of Epidemiology and follow the bug man from some spare Kansas school.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13651589 07/31/20 02:06 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company.

That is just entirely wrong.

Hydroxychloroquine was once covered by U.S. Patent No. 2,546,658 which was issued to Surrey and Hammer in 1951, but this patent has long since expired. Prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, 10 companies were approved by the FDA to manufacture various generic versions of hydroxychloroquine in addition to the French company, Sanofi, who manufactures the brand name version, Plaquenil.

People keep absorbing and pooping out wrong, incorrect information.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13651595 07/31/20 02:09 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
i used an inhaler
Mucinex
aspirin
& blood pressure medicine

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Jpurdue] #13651618 07/31/20 02:18 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F

Definitely the decision should involve the patient's doctor. I have suspicions that some of the data used to dispute hydroxychloroquine is based on its effect after hospitalization has occurred, and patients are quite sick and harder to cure. It can cause heart irregularity, but apparently this is rare. Also, an EKG can determine the chances of such happening. Many take this drug on a continual basis, including my wife, with no side effects. I have a PA friend in his mid-forties who went into the hospital with double pneumonia and respiratory distress here in McKinney. They gave him the hydroxy combo, and he was fine within 48 hours. He's at least one believer.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: JCG57] #13651623 07/31/20 02:21 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Originally Posted by JCG57

Orange man bad. Disregard the Yale professor of Epidemiology and follow the bug man from some spare Kansas school.

Would you go to a doctor who said demons cause gynecological health problems, that alien DNA is used in medical treatments today, and non-humans are running the country? Not much credibility there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrJG9xymts

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13651648 07/31/20 02:33 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Is there any real proof any of it works? If you have a good immune system + good treatment isn't the recovery going to be fast anyway? I say prevention is better than chancing your health in the long run. Shower, drive to work, mask up, wash hands, leave work, unmask, drive home, get home, wash hands, go to porch and open a cold one all week long. Weekend comes go to gas station put on one glove pump gas throw glove in trash head to ranch. Open more cold ones. Kill some meat, pick some veggies fill 5 gallon water bottles from well. Weekend over repeat. I guess I like it simple.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: SheldonS] #13651651 07/31/20 02:34 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by SheldonS
The patent for hydroxychloroquine is owned by a french company.

That is just entirely wrong.

Hydroxychloroquine was once covered by U.S. Patent No. 2,546,658 which was issued to Surrey and Hammer in 1951, but this patent has long since expired. Prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, 10 companies were approved by the FDA to manufacture various generic versions of hydroxychloroquine in addition to the French company, Sanofi, who manufactures the brand name version, Plaquenil.

People keep absorbing and pooping out wrong, incorrect information.

Well looks like it was partially wrong. Thanks for point out the original patent has expired. cheers

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: hook_n_line] #13651699 07/31/20 03:11 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Is there any real proof any of it works? If you have a good immune system + good treatment isn't the recovery going to be fast anyway? I say prevention is better than chancing your health in the long run. Shower, drive to work, mask up, wash hands, leave work, unmask, drive home, get home, wash hands, go to porch and open a cold one all week long. Weekend comes go to gas station put on one glove pump gas throw glove in trash head to ranch. Open more cold ones. Kill some meat, pick some veggies fill 5 gallon water bottles from well. Weekend over repeat. I guess I like it simple.

Sound like you are following the three "W's" well. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Watch out for crowds. That's my approach, too.

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Trickster] #13651724 07/31/20 03:28 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Trickster
Originally Posted by WAWI
I will demand it if and when I get it.

Same here.

Yes demand it. Wife is an ICU nurse and a NP and we have both said that if one of gets covid19 make sure that we get hdroxychloroquine. Yes it does work but the CDC has been telling doctors not to use it. ALso budesonide is another treatment that is good. It is a inhaled steriod. The key is to treat early. Once you are on a vent is it bad. At my wife's hospital the gave hdroxychloroquine to an 80 year old man and he went home the next day so I would say it works.. Here is a link to a study done in 2005 and guess who was in charge of the instutite of health at the time of the study. Dr. Fauci so he knows about how good it is.. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...dfxMMLvIrYa0zlhnarVpIo4EZZIR6lK4t5kbkuZk

Re: Covid treatment that works? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13651747 07/31/20 03:57 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JCG57

Would you go to a doctor who said demons cause gynecological health problems, that alien DNA is used in medical treatments today, and non-humans are running the country? Not much credibility there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrJG9xymts

You claim that the physician from Yale that wrote the article linked by the OP believes that? Please let us know your source as I doubt he is mentioned in the link you posted.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide