texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
TTUNathan, TJ Vietnamese, heyitsrusty, Haydenwarren01, BornFisherman74
114645 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 100,529
hopalong 94,289
Pilothawk 80,698
John175☮ 78,637
Bigbob_FTW 71,142
JDavis7873 67,401
Derek 🐝 66,078
Mark Perry 62,147
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,140,725
Posts15,583,541
Members139,645
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ned rigs and other such stuff #13650375 07/30/20 05:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 33
R
Rich12 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 33
I find it rather amusing to view some of the newer, latest, and greatest ideas in fishing. Ned rigs? That is how most worms were fished since Nick Creme came out with them in 1949. Personally I fished the "ned rig" since 1959. Senko, trick worm, what ever you want to call the rig has been fished by me and people I know since middle 60s. Removing skirts from single blade spinner baits and putting a 12 inch Jelly Worm on it. Used to murder the fish on Rayburn and Toledo with that. Carolina rigging floating crank baits into bass suspended 6 to 8 feet off the bottom. Dead fishing large crank baits on the bottom. Have not seen any "new" lure in the last 50 years. Sure, variations of lures, but no new ones and actually, no new methods. Skipping under docks? Done it for 50 years. Punching grass mats? Done it for 50 years. Used wooden frogs in the early 60s. Suggo? Fished those guiding on Fork 2 years before anyone even saw one on Fork, around 1987 or so, dont remember exactly. It was a killer 60 70 80 fish days on that thing. Lots of things you can do. Nothing really new.


If it was a stupid idea, you can be assured I have already done it
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650450 07/30/20 06:16 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,668
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,668
GOAT.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650471 07/30/20 06:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,561
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,561
Originally Posted by Rich12
I find it rather amusing to view some of the newer, latest, and greatest ideas in fishing. Ned rigs? That is how most worms were fished since Nick Creme came out with them in 1949. Personally I fished the "ned rig" since 1959. Senko, trick worm, what ever you want to call the rig has been fished by me and people I know since middle 60s. Removing skirts from single blade spinner baits and putting a 12 inch Jelly Worm on it. Used to murder the fish on Rayburn and Toledo with that. Carolina rigging floating crank baits into bass suspended 6 to 8 feet off the bottom. Dead fishing large crank baits on the bottom. Have not seen any "new" lure in the last 50 years. Sure, variations of lures, but no new ones and actually, no new methods. Skipping under docks? Done it for 50 years. Punching grass mats? Done it for 50 years. Used wooden frogs in the early 60s. Suggo? Fished those guiding on Fork 2 years before anyone even saw one on Fork, around 1987 or so, dont remember exactly. It was a killer 60 70 80 fish days on that thing. Lots of things you can do. Nothing really new.



what?

a senko no matter how you fish it isnt a ned rig, neither is a trick worm

Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650481 07/30/20 06:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 27,553
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 27,553
Dilly dilly!


[Linked Image]
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650506 07/30/20 07:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,234
2
206champion Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
2
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,234
WOW


Cross Timbers Bass Club
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650507 07/30/20 07:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,958
G
GarySHO Online Content
Ice Ice Baby
Online Content
Ice Ice Baby
G
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,958
confused 3


[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650508 07/30/20 07:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,109
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,109
You sir..…. are "The Stick"


John 3:16
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650547 07/30/20 07:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,819
B
boocat Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,819
popcorn

Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Frank the Tank] #13650549 07/30/20 07:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,370
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,370
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
You sir..…. are "The Stick"



Jon maybe you can lend him your white shades grin


“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650592 07/30/20 07:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 295
1
1956Zebco Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
1
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 295
[Linked Image]

Nothing to do with a Ned rig either, though I have more luck with these.


Where To Find Gold Series: https://youtu.be/4oKyrOaTPNM
Snag Free With 100% Bite Feel!: https://youtu.be/eCruAntyeW4
Grandpa's Zebco 33 Restore Fix Lube: https://youtu.be/_4BTSEVcbQ4
Zebco 33 Gear Removal: https://youtu.be/ru122KcdLsE
Surf Fishing Tips: https://youtu.be/1u6m_b2Uv5Q
200 more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSsiJFU2JVh-dfIn1jfZDg/
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650598 07/30/20 08:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 315
C
Cuervo Jones Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
C
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 315
Someone needs a hug.


“Slide”
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Douglas J] #13650723 07/30/20 09:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,109
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,109
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
You sir..…. are "The Stick"



Jon maybe you can lend him your white shades grin


Right?
roflmao


John 3:16
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13650727 07/30/20 09:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,569
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,569
Ok.


Scott Jones
Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Rich12] #13651165 07/31/20 02:09 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,837
Kat-man-do Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,837
I remember before rods and reels were a thing, I was using the bone from a fleet footed Siberian Yak as a rod, and the heart of an elderberry tree as a reel, with some modifications. For string I used the sinew of a menstruating albino sabre tooth tiger.

Re: Ned rigs and other such stuff [Re: Kat-man-do] #13651337 07/31/20 07:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,503
B
Bayou Burner Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,503
Originally Posted by Kat-man-do
I remember before rods and reels were a thing, I was using the bone from a fleet footed Siberian Yak as a rod, and the heart of an elderberry tree as a reel, with some modifications. For string I used the sinew of a menstruating albino sabre tooth tiger.

We’ve come along way, Bro... lol


My great Uncles John/Rudy were slaughtering fish(all species) on a simple jighead/worm combo (Jigworm) for many years before they introduced it to me at a young age. A crawfish(Brown/Orange)colored worm/1/16-1/8 Jig caught me many o’ smallmouth and goggle eyes when I spent my summers as a young boy with my grandparents in the Ouachitas in Arkansas.


"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3