Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by JCG57
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
We aren’t signing any checks, just feeding us all for a big set up. Like the first checks we sent them back 1st class mail. The same will happen twice around!

That’s a great strategy, next year when they come back to collect it you won’t be exempt from returning it from your pocket.

Why would they make us repay this one when the last one doesn't have to be repaid?

This will be repaid in the form of higher future taxes. The folks who get a windfall from this are those who get the payments and will pay little or no future income taxes. The folks who get screwed are those who do not get payments and are in the higher tax brackets. Classic wealth redistribution with the twist of a deferred payment plan.
If that's what you mean, then I can see that...I'm not in the 1%, but I am in the upper end before the cut off....and I pay a ton of taxes each year in income tax and property taxes. It's always nice to get a little back...and the $2400 I may get back this year ($1200 each time) will be a nice change....First in my life I've actually gotten something like that back from the IRS.

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: pchapin] #13648249 07/29/20 12:00 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by Bassnhog
Why send a stimulus check to any individuals who weren't laid off from their employment and don't have school-age children?

They are trying to keep the economy from a complete collapse. You best be hoping it works.

a good thing in principle, bad in execution.

how long was it before the first ones went out to a majority? how long has it been since that one?

2,400.00 won't make a dent in any working class mortgage or rent payment over the months it has been.
this is gonna come back in a huge hurry if biden is elected, taxes and spending will go thru the roof.
U.S. govt. or not, one simply can not maintain a cash flow of total debt, at some point it has to be paid.

it's all good, till you run out of other peoples money.

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: pchapin] #13648268 07/29/20 12:13 AM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Why send a stimulus check to any individuals who weren't laid off from their employment and don't have school-age children?

They are trying to keep the economy from a complete collapse. You best be hoping it works.

"You" don't know my finances sir. Have a nice day.

Semper Fi-shing
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Bassnhog] #13648279 07/29/20 12:20 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

"You" don't know my finances sir. Have a nice day.

how bout because they are getting an extra 600.00 a week on top of state unemployment checks along with the 1,200.00 everyone gets. that's as close to fair as the feds get.

dam, butthurt because someone answered?

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Bassnhog] #13648297 07/29/20 12:48 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

They want you to spend it so the economy keeps chugging along. It’s literally a stimulus, the same way Dubya gave everybody a $600 check and told everyone to go out and spend. It has nothing to do with being laid off. They want the money to be spent so businesses can stay open.

The $600 unemployment addition was for the unemployed on top of state unemployment benefits. Two separate things.

[Linked Image]
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: hopalong] #13648298 07/29/20 12:48 AM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by hopalong

how long was it before the first ones went out to a majority? how long has it been since that one?

2,400.00 won't make a dent in any working class mortgage or rent payment over the months it has been.
this is gonna come back in a huge hurry if biden is elected, taxes and spending will go thru the roof.
U.S. govt. or not, one simply can not maintain a cash flow of total debt, at some point it has to be paid.

Truth.

Semper Fi-shing
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: T Bird] #13648305 07/29/20 12:51 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This round of stimulus is going to allow me to finally open that Brazilian Waxing drive thru that I’ve always dreamed of owning. eeks

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13648307 07/29/20 12:52 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

They want you to spend it so the economy keeps chugging along. It’s literally a stimulus, the same way Dubya gave everybody a $600 check and told everyone to go out and spend. It has nothing to do with being laid off. They want the money to be spent so businesses can stay open.

The $600 unemployment addition was for the unemployed on top of state unemployment benefits. Two separate things.

Most of the people that got it used to it to stimulate the economy in one way or the other. cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: hopalong] #13648308 07/29/20 12:52 AM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by hopalong

It does not mater if the next ten presidents are Republican. Taxes always have and always will go up forever. They just have a way of shifting them around so stupid people think they are cutting taxes.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13648311 07/29/20 12:53 AM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

As if the Govt can dictate what the masses do with their govt dole outs. I guess the Govt's hope is that folks go and buy consumer goods, all good, but the smart folks use it toward reducing any personal debt so they can be more self reliant and not Govt dependent. And the "smart" folks will end up paying the most for the foolishness of others - as always.

Semper Fi-shing
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Bassnhog] #13648390 07/29/20 02:28 AM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

As if the Govt can dictate what the masses do with their govt dole outs. I guess the Govt's hope is that folks go and buy consumer goods, all good, but the smart folks use it toward reducing any personal debt so they can be more self reliant and not Govt dependent. And the "smart" folks will end up paying the most for the foolishness of others - as always.

The smart folks dont have any personal debt.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Bassnhog] #13648443 07/29/20 03:10 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Where did I say the government can dictate what you do with it? You can do whatever you want with it.

[Linked Image]
Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Bassnhog] #13648468 07/29/20 03:40 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

They’re not dictating how anyone spends it. They do realize though at if you hand over $1200 to Americans, a lot of them are going to find a way to spend it.

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13648469 07/29/20 03:42 AM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

Where did I say the government can dictate what you do with it? You can do whatever you want with it.

Paying off debt stimulates the economy.

Re: $1200 Stimulus Bone [Re: T Bird] #13648478 07/29/20 03:53 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TR176

Paying off debt stimulates the economy.

Correct. Remember when a bunch of people defaulted on loans and banks either went out of business or were bailed out? I do.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide