Forums59
Topics1,039,215
Posts13,961,112
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: David Welcher] #13642444 07/24/20 12:51 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by David Welcher
A buddy of mine was fishing in the Arlington Bass Club back in the 80s on Eagle Mountain. It was Spring and a huge thunderstorm was heading in on them, buddy said they started heading back to boat ramp and the storm hit and he said he just got a growling sensation in his bowels and knew he had to take a dump real quick so they pulled up to an empty boat dock and pulled the boat in out of the rain, he went to the front of the boat to drop a deuce and had just finished, turned around and looked up at the house and the owner and his wife were sitting at the window drinking coffee staring at him. Needless to say they backed out real quick into the lightening and rain and got the heck out of there. When mother nature calls you gotta go!

Hey saibling these guys dumped raw sewage in the water on top of all that litter! LOL

This thread could get interesting. Of all things, I didn't expect to see a lecture on brush piles aka "litter" though.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: David Welcher] #13642447 07/24/20 12:55 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
A buddy of mine was fishing in the Arlington Bass Club back in the 80s on Eagle Mountain. It was Spring and a huge thunderstorm was heading in on them, buddy said they started heading back to boat ramp and the storm hit and he said he just got a growling sensation in his bowels and knew he had to take a dump real quick so they pulled up to an empty boat dock and pulled the boat in out of the rain, he went to the front of the boat to drop a deuce and had just finished, turned around and looked up at the house and the owner and his wife were sitting at the window drinking coffee staring at him. Needless to say they backed out real quick into the lightening and rain and got the heck out of there. When mother nature calls you gotta go!

Swim platform on the back of my bay boat makes it real easy. Just gotta check your surroundings first.

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642456 07/24/20 01:03 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I've caught a big drum about a hundred yards away from some buddies that were fishing the same tournament that I was and I opened up the livewell lid and dumped it back in the lake on the side of the boat so it looked like I put It in the livewell, a lot like OP lol.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13642477 07/24/20 01:11 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I was mean tonight. Luckily, he left before weigh in.

Different time, I pulled up on one of my brush piles I made to see a guy fishing it with his kids and another guy. I watched them cast at it multiple times with no success, so I proceeded to cast a watermelon red wacky rigged Senko and caught 7-8 fish real quick. I pulled the trolling motor and told him that it was Karma that kept lazy guys from catching fish on someone else’s brush pile.

....the list goes on.

This folks is a perfect example of ....Nope nevermind I'm not going there.

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: H2O Seeker] #13642485 07/24/20 01:15 PM
B
Basscat8263 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by saibling
Guy putting brush piles in lakes, have you considered this the same as littering? You are dumping trees, wood scrap, piping with concrete, metal , or other heavy objects plus containers to keep trash upright into waterways. Just because they are covered by water doesn't mean its not littering. Just a thought.

Biodegradable material placed in a public fishery for purposes of conservation habitat is littering?

The State puts non-biodegradable tire reefs in lakes. It is good for habitat.

Tony

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642491 07/24/20 01:18 PM
B
Basscat8263 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
My buddies were fishing a tournament on Tyler. I was not in the tournament. I caught a 5-6# fish and put it in my livewell. Later when I ran across one of my buddies in the tournament I showed him the fish and then released it in front of him.

Tony

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Basscat8263] #13642497 07/24/20 01:22 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Basscat8263
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Guy putting brush piles in lakes, have you considered this the same as littering? You are dumping trees, wood scrap, piping with concrete, metal , or other heavy objects plus containers to keep trash upright into waterways. Just because they are covered by water doesn't mean its not littering. Just a thought.

Biodegradable material placed in a public fishery for purposes of conservation habitat is littering?

The State puts non-biodegradable tire reefs in lakes. It is good for habitat.

My question was rhetorical. The state of Texas, conservation organizations, and individuals having an interest in preserving/building habitat all put biodegradable and non biodegradable material in place for that purpose.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13642499 07/24/20 01:26 PM
J
jbw3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J

Different time, I pulled up on one of my brush piles I made to see a guy fishing it with his kids and another guy. I watched them cast at it multiple times with no success, so I proceeded to cast a watermelon red wacky rigged Senko and caught 7-8 fish real quick. I pulled the trolling motor and told him that it was Karma that kept lazy guys from catching fish on someone else’s brush pile.

....the list goes on.

Steez...everyone's thinking it...so i'll ask. Do you ever fish brush piles that you didn't put out yourself? Also...what is the proper way to mark or tag your brush piles so nobody else fishes them? Floating marker with your name and address like a trot line? Can you please post the GPS coordinates of your brush piles so that none of us will inadvertently fish yours....thanks

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: saibling] #13642516 07/24/20 01:37 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

what in the hippy hollow yankee commifornia wannabe park ranger confused flat bill white shade jersey wearing all electric car driving tree hugging kind of comment is that?

#MFGA
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: jbw3] #13642536 07/24/20 01:51 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by jbw3

....the list goes on.

Steez...everyone's thinking it...so i'll ask. Do you ever fish brush piles that you didn't put out yourself? Also...what is the proper way to mark or tag your brush piles so nobody else fishes them? Floating marker with your name and address like a trot line? Can you please post the GPS coordinates of your brush piles so that none of us will inadvertently fish yours....thanks

I have, will, and do fish brush piles I don’t make, but find.

The mean thing was catching fish off the pile in front of them. Making dad look bad in front of his kids. The brush pile was on a ledge and really had to be fished a certain way. I knew that....dad had no clue.

As for the remarks about “littering” the lakes. Yep. Guilty. I am a brush pile making fool. I literally have hundreds on area lakes. It helps on the working man tourneys around here to have 15-20 good spots to hit every night. I usually use easily accessible willow branches and other “junk” brush I can get to from my boat. I bring some heavy duty pruning shears and a small saw in the boat. When I see a candidate, I trim it and go to the pile that needs reinforcement. I have a few engineered pvc “piles”, but the willow branches with leaves on them seem to work faster.

I know they will eventually be found. Some, I’m sure, watch me make them and try them out pretty quick. But, the trick is to put them in the right places and be sneaky about it. So the lazy guys keep scratching their heads at weigh in.
I’ve had encounters at the ramp with wardens while launching the boat, LOADED with trees. They wish me luck and some ask me where I’m dumping. Not to enforce anything other than improving their catch rates during their off time.

Its only illegal, unethical, if it is a baited hole. So, I’m fine. Just the normal stuff. No tires , toilets, lawnmowers, bicycles, etc. 99% tree branches that would eventually litter the shore line if I didn’t keep the shoreline clean.

Hell....y’all should PAY ME! Oh. Wait. That’s already being done.

roflmao

That’s mean too. Isn’t it?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642541 07/24/20 01:53 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I was fishing a club tournament on Ray Bob and I was in the marina fishing the tires and a big regional tournament was going on also when one boat pulled up in front of so close that I could have jumped in his boat he stated fishing he had a camera man and he started filming he made me mad but I didn't want to say anything with the camera running so I just went right around him about 10 feet and started fishing again not a word was spoken between us.

Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642542 07/24/20 01:54 PM
David Welcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
LOL - Steeze you crack me up

Last edited by David Welcher; 07/24/20 01:55 PM.
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: David Welcher] #13642555 07/24/20 02:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
LOL - Steeze you crack me up

cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642563 07/24/20 02:11 PM
5Redman8 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I heard of a guy fishing a light at night and had a pontoon full of guys come in, drop anchor, and proceed to cast and catch this guy’s line. Considering there were five of them and one of him....he headed in to the boat ramp. Being a small lake with only one ramp and with no other pontoon trailers in the parking lot.....let’s just say that 4 flat tires on their trailer when they returned to the boat ramp must have been upsetting. Said he used some Little Rock’s and screwed then into the valve stems. I guess slicing their tires would have made him too much of an A hole

Another time, this same guy had someone pull 5 yards in front of him....fishing shallow.....asked the guy to give him some space....got the bird in return. This guy pulled up to him, tilted the motor up, turned at a 90* angle and gunned it. The poor guy in the other boat was soaked.

Last edited by 5Redman8; 07/24/20 02:11 PM.
Re: What mean thing have you done on the lake [Re: Allison1] #13642634 07/24/20 02:48 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
fishing along an ocean shoreline one time a boat came right into the surf over when our baits were. Rods were in sand spikes. Got my "big metal" rod out and put a 2 oz lure right in his boat. That got his attention big time.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide