Forums59
Topics1,038,947
Posts13,956,220
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: TryHard] #13640078 07/22/20 04:59 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by TryHard
Fact: Texas recently adopted a revised definition of a Covid Case.
Fact: Under this new definition, you do not need a positive Covid test result to be counted as a positive Covid case.
Fact: If one person in a family of 4 tests positive, all 4 family members can be counted as positive Covid cases.
Fact: If a Texas resident reports a headache and back pain, they can be counted as Covid case. Again, no positive test result is needed.
Fact: A personal friend's grandmother tested negative TWICE for Covid. When she passed, Covid was listed on the death certificate.

This type of reporting doesn't pass the smell test, for me. Please excuse my skepticism regarding this pandemic.

Please provide links for your facts.

From what I've read, only your first two facts are correct. Facts three and four are factually incorrect. Not sure about the grandma. Could be.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...cluded-in-covid-19-count-in-san-antonio/

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: Jpurdue] #13640489 07/22/20 09:31 PM
TryHard Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Fact: Under this new definition, you do not need a positive Covid test result to be counted as a positive Covid case.
Fact: If one person in a family of 4 tests positive, all 4 family members can be counted as positive Covid cases.
Fact: If a Texas resident reports a headache and back pain, they can be counted as Covid case. Again, no positive test result is needed.
Fact: A personal friend's grandmother tested negative TWICE for Covid. When she passed, Covid was listed on the death certificate.

This type of reporting doesn't pass the smell test, for me. Please excuse my skepticism regarding this pandemic.

From what I've read, only your first two facts are correct. Facts three and four are factually incorrect. Not sure about the grandma. Could be.

https://texasscorecard.com/local/te...-artificially-spike-collin-county-cases/

I strongly dislike doing other people's research for them, but since you asked...

Also, you can search for the recent Collin County Covid briefing to hear the health official explaining the revised definition and how it impacts the way Covid cases are being counted. I watched it start to finish- pretty interesting stuff.

Last edited by TryHard; 07/22/20 09:33 PM.
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: RATZ] #13640537 07/22/20 10:02 PM
B
BillS2006 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by RATZ
but remember it's all a big scam

Tell that to my son in law.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: TryHard] #13640546 07/22/20 10:18 PM
M
minnow Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

I strongly dislike doing other people's research for them, but since you asked...

Also, you can search for the recent Collin County Covid briefing to hear the health official explaining the revised definition and how it impacts the way Covid cases are being counted. I watched it start to finish- pretty interesting stuff.

In reading the article and associated links, I don't see that fact #2 in your list is in any way accurate. The state changed the guidelines on what is considered a "probable" case- not "confirmed" case. A confirmed case still requires a positive test. There is a link in your article to the actual release from the Texas Health and Human Services document, it clearly states what the criteria is for both scenarios. Just a case of confirmation bias as a result of reading a blog post.

This is the actual guideline as it stood on May 11th cited by the article you posted.

https://s29017.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/DSHS-COVID19CaseDefinition-May-11.pdf

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: Not2Old2Fish] #13640632 07/22/20 11:41 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
T
Please everyone, relax, don't worry, as soon as it heats up this virus will miraculously go away. If it doesn't will inject you with a bit of disinfectant, that should fix you right up.

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: minnow] #13640675 07/23/20 12:19 AM
TryHard Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by minnow

In reading the article and associated links, I don't see that fact #2 in your list is in any way accurate. The state changed the guidelines on what is considered a "probable" case- not "confirmed" case. A confirmed case still requires a positive test. There is a link in your article to the actual release from the Texas Health and Human Services document, it clearly states what the criteria is for both scenarios. Just a case of confirmation bias as a result of reading a blog post.

This is the actual guideline as it stood on May 11th cited by the article you posted.

https://s29017.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/DSHS-COVID19CaseDefinition-May-11.pdf

Edit: The state is supposed to separate the probable from the positive cases. I think you're correct on that point. I edited my post to reflect that. Thanks =)

http://collincountytx.new.swagit.com/videos/62477

Last edited by TryHard; 07/23/20 12:42 AM.
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: Jpurdue] #13640755 07/23/20 01:32 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Fact 3 is correct as told to me by the head of the NE Texas Covid Task Force, our Chief of Police. But my job isnโ€™t to convince you.

[Linked Image]
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: TryHard] #13641125 07/23/20 01:27 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J

I read the links, thanks for sharing. Looks like you are correct in your wording at least for Collin County. Family members could be counted as a positive without a positive test. In order for that to happen they would have to have had close contact with a confirmed case and then exhibit several of classic COVID symptoms with no alternative probable diagnosis. So as long as we are clear family member are not automatically counted we are on the same page.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: Not2Old2Fish] #13641130 07/23/20 01:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I'm sure he is thrilled you are on the same page. roflmao

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: Jpurdue] #13641169 07/23/20 02:03 PM
TryHard Offline
Angler
Angler

I read the links, thanks for sharing. Looks like you are correct in your wording at least for Collin County. Family members could be counted as a positive without a positive test. In order for that to happen they would have to have had close contact with a confirmed case and then exhibit several of classic COVID symptoms with no alternative probable diagnosis. So as long as we are clear family member are not automatically counted we are on the same page.

It gets weird when talking about "classic Covid symptoms." Because Texas is considered an Endemic state, they automatically check the "close contact with a confirmed case" box. As for the symptoms, you'll notice the language "or subjective." That means the fever doesn't have to be measured in your Dr's office. You can simply tell them that you've *felt* like you were running a fever and it counts. My understanding is that the requirement is only TWO reported symptoms are needed to qualify.

Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: WAWI] #13641466 07/23/20 04:51 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WAWI

Seriously. The narcissism is off the charts.

[Linked Image]
Re: 15 Million Worldwide Covid-19 Cases 7-21-20 [Re: JacksonBean] #13641683 07/23/20 06:57 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by WAWI

Seriously. The narcissism is off the charts.

Thanks for the continued personal attacks. I've ignored about 10 of them in a row from you now. I'm done doing that.

Not sure where the hate comes from. I assume you are mad because there were a bunch of guys on here who said dentists were right above massage therapist on the medical hierarchy. While I agree it was embarrassing to see a medical professional publicly trashing the use of masks, I never piled on the with the "dentists aren't real doctors group."

I'll also remind you, that you challenged me to put my money where my mouth was on mask usage. I accepted your offer and then you promptly backed down. Strange.

Bottom line, if you don't like my comments, skip over them or add something constructive or insightful. It's that simple. The insults get old. I'll do the same for you.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide