Page 1 of 2 1 2
'20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season #13635012 07/18/20 12:42 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13635129 07/18/20 02:59 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
So does that mean they will be expanding the field by allowing the top 5 qualifiers from the three open divisions? Will they still allow two more to join based on legend status?

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13635161 07/18/20 03:36 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This was the right call but wait until MLF/BPT does it and everyone spins out. Lol

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: RKT] #13635169 07/18/20 03:48 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by RKT
So does that mean they will be expanding the field by allowing the top 5 qualifiers from the three open divisions? Will they still allow two more to join based on legend status?

They have mentioned in the past they wanted to get up to around 100 anglers so I am guessing they will still take the Open qualifiers plus add a Legends exemption or two.

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13635322 07/18/20 07:21 PM
Neal G Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments. Using medical exemptions was another route but also creates other potential issues.

Open anglers will qualify for the Elites per the 2020 rules

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13635339 07/18/20 07:49 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Covididity

#MFGA
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Mark Jones] #13635370 07/18/20 08:25 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
This was the right call but wait until MLF/BPT does it and everyone spins out. Lol

Always promoting lol. MLF will have to do something just to fill the voids

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: RKT] #13635380 07/18/20 08:42 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by RKT

I think this is correct, they will add 17 guys next year, 15 from the opens and 2 legends exemptions

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13635465 07/18/20 10:41 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good deal. Most of the guys below the cut line were just getting ready for the home stretch and really pump up the volume and start fishing significantly better. Shouldn’t be taking anything from those guys that had the foresight to tactfully pace themselves throughout the year, getting by with few if any checks and little to no exposure for their sponsors. You know the ones...waiting till the end of the year to make those top 10 cuts under the pressure, you know thats when they really shine, as would a thoroughbred down the home stretch.

Actually, it’s quite Pathetic. My uneducated guess is because sponsor money has all but dried up they would have lost at least 25 from the trail this year and had to try to fill it with some open guys that finished in the top 50 from any region and that can afford it. They were going to have to dig deep find a “qualified” (finishes AND self funding) angler to fill the field...or do what they did which is the easier way...just let the guys that can’t compete stay if they can afford it and then see if anyone fishing the opens wants in (if they can afford it). But what do I know, I’m out of the loop.

weber
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Neal G] #13635493 07/18/20 11:18 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Neal G
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments. Using medical exemptions was another route but also creates other potential issues.

Open anglers will qualify for the Elites per the 2020 rules

I'm glad to see them getting to fish but I feel bad for all the [censored] the fishermen are going through in NY. The requirements for them to get to come in and fish is beyond lengthy and I'll be surprised if a couple don't test positive, not that I have any faith whatsoever in any of the tests. I think all the support teams stayed home on these next 2 tournaments, except maybe Yamaha. The fishing is going to be fun, but the rest of the stay is going to be miserable and this is always one of their favorite places to go.

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13635523 07/18/20 11:51 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by emorydog

Actually, it’s quite Pathetic. My uneducated guess is because sponsor money has all but dried up they would have lost at least 25 from the trail this year and had to try to fill it with some open guys that finished in the top 50 from any region and that can afford it. They were going to have to dig deep find a “qualified” (finishes AND self funding) angler to fill the field...or do what they did which is the easier way...just let the guys that can’t compete stay if they can afford it and then see if anyone fishing the opens wants in (if they can afford it). But what do I know, I’m out of the loop.

Because of this Scott Martin will qualify for the Elites next year whether he finishes top 5 in opens points or not as long as he has a decent showing, your going to see many current Elite guys drop out because of financials linked to sponsorship monies. They will be working down the Opens points list for sure, 2020-2021 could be a fuster cluck.

Last edited by SC-001; 07/18/20 11:53 PM.
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Neal G] #13636960 07/20/20 02:04 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments.

Makes you wonder why they would hold the tourney in a state that would REQUIRE a medical test to compete and FORCE someone to potentially to sit out based on that test. Now if the tests were 100% accurate...and they clearly aren’t...it’s likely some have to sit out even though the next test may prove them negative. And heaven forbid if any competitor was around any the guys that tested positive as they will have to be isolated too, right. Hell they might end up with only like 23 anglers for this tourney when proximity factors ripple through

It was a horrible decision to keep NY on the schedule when all this got rolling, and they should have put in the time and effort to find a better venue. One that wouldn’t have to essentially scrub the year of competition, as getting a mulligan on the front nine is amateur hour and what they are right now. It was 100% self inflicted. There are plenty of other lakes and states that could have easily accommodated them with just the slightest vision, but nobody there seems to possess that core trait.

Leadership is lazy and shortsighted and simply trying to hold on the the field with all the money going away just so they have so they have something next year. The newer young anglers self funding ain’t gonna be good as they likely don’t have the resources without putting their personal finances at risk, it’s easy to see. I thought I heard TheG called Boid to see if he could pay another 55k to actually come back over, but that is unconfirmed. Seems if they are going to push this year, they better make it two years so not to affect the ones that would have solidified their position with hard work and focus this year just to possibly lose it next year.

...it’s all very weak and I’m sure you all recognize it like I do. Now whether you are willing to admit it..well that’s another story. There are just too many tied to “the industry” to actually have an opinion of their own have to tread lightly publicly or the 15% discount goes bye-bye.

weber
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13637073 07/20/20 03:33 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments.

Makes you wonder why they would hold the tourney in a state that would REQUIRE a medical test to compete and FORCE someone to potentially to sit out based on that test. Now if the tests were 100% accurate...and they clearly aren’t...it’s likely some have to sit out even though the next test may prove them negative. And heaven forbid if any competitor was around any the guys that tested positive as they will have to be isolated too, right. Hell they might end up with only like 23 anglers for this tourney when proximity factors ripple through

It was a horrible decision to keep NY on the schedule when all this got rolling, and they should have put in the time and effort to find a better venue. One that wouldn’t have to essentially scrub the year of competition, as getting a mulligan on the front nine is amateur hour and what they are right now. It was 100% self inflicted. There are plenty of other lakes and states that could have easily accommodated them with just the slightest vision, but nobody there seems to possess that core trait.

Leadership is lazy and shortsighted and simply trying to hold on the the field with all the money going away just so they have so they have something next year. The newer young anglers self funding ain’t gonna be good as they likely don’t have the resources without putting their personal finances at risk, it’s easy to see. I thought I heard TheG called Boid to see if he could pay another 55k to actually come back over, but that is unconfirmed. Seems if they are going to push this year, they better make it two years so not to affect the ones that would have solidified their position with hard work and focus this year just to possibly lose it next year.

...it’s all very weak and I’m sure you all recognize it like I do. Now whether you are willing to admit it..well that’s another story. There are just too many tied to “the industry” to actually have an opinion of their own have to tread lightly publicly or the 15% discount goes bye-bye.

#1 absolutetly, see Jimmie Johnson nascar fiasco about having to miss that race when re really didn't have the virus
#2 terribly terribly shortsighted by BASS, their leadership is inept

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: SC-001] #13637241 07/20/20 05:45 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by SC-001

#1 absolutetly, see Jimmie Johnson nascar fiasco about having to miss that race when re really didn't have the virus
#2 terribly terribly shortsighted by BASS, their leadership is inept

what fiasco for jimmie? he tested positive on a wed or thur test and was negative 5 to 6 days later.

it was his first test and he only got it because his wife wasnt feeling well with allergy like symptoms and she got tested and was positive.

jimmie could have had covid and gave it to his wife... when he got tested, his first test ever on that wed or thur he may have already had covid for 10 days and just never showed any symptoms.

THAT is called asymptomatic... a carrier of covid who can walk around sharing it but has no symptoms showing.

Dale Jarrett was asymptomatic also... I think he got tested to travel to something and it turned out he was positive and he self quarantined and NEVER had any sickness or any symptoms..

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 07/20/20 05:47 PM.
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13637245 07/20/20 05:52 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

You seem informed: What goes into setting these tournaments locations originally? And what all needs to be done to move the events? What do the logistics look like and costs associated with a last minute changes?
You make it sound very easy to do.

Also, fill us in on Swindle asking to return. That’s breaking news and really shocking considering the kind words he had for them after he left. And what money and Anglers are leaving? Where do they go?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide