Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: Txduckhunter] #13634125 07/17/20 04:39 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by senko9S
is he still in the cattle business?

Last I heard he still was. Weird named cows that liked to dig/wallow... They would dig a hole deep enough you couldn't see anything but their shoulders and head..
I was also told once that his tackle sales in Japan were insane numbers. (As in 85% of all tackle sold in Japan was his..)

Kobe if remember correctly. Haven't seen him in years.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: fish hard for fun] #13634259 07/17/20 06:05 PM
R
Rocky Robison Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Gary has some cattle left but not in a business sense, but he sold all his marketable Wagyu/Angus cattle around the same time he sold Sugoi to Gary Yamamoto Inc. and at this time Gary Yamamoto Inc. purchased and closed up my store and Donna's store down south, and Gary sold all the different properties around Alba he was raising the Wagyu/Angus on. The beef industry specifically high dollar cattle like the Wagyu/Angus and Kobe cattle market collapsed and it got him in a financial bind.
Gary Yamamoto Inc. is actually owned by Ken Sasaki, Beverly's dad. Gary owned the 2 stores Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Pro Shops until he had to sell most everything to Gary Yamamoto Inc. He still has BK Ranch.

It's funny the story says when they arrived in the U.S. I always thought Hawaii where Gary was born was part of the U.S. The story should have said when they moved to the continental U.S.

The first time I met Gary and Beverly, I was having dinner with Bob Sealy at the Minnow Bucket after the final day of the tournament 1994. Bob got up and left because he had to get back home that night, and Gary and Beverly was standing waiting on a table. I waved at Gary and he came over and I asked if they wanted to sit down and share my table and they did.
Gary told me that day he was building a ranch and a store in Mineola and told me where, I was kind of shocked he chose the location he did for the store. Kind of strange that I would wind up managing his store and taking care of all his fishing business a little more than 10 years after that for several years. Once I went to work at the store I realized he chose that location not for the purpose of customer traffic but more as a location for him to have a large tackle box close to his home.

And the Senko has crushed silica, crushed sea salt, peanut oil instead of a petroleum base, most color additives are of a natural source, plus they use the most expensive 3M plastisizer. This is the reason why they are more expensive than most plastics.

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: fish hard for fun] #13634275 07/17/20 06:20 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Everyone claims salt, glad you posted this.

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: fish hard for fun] #13634283 07/17/20 06:27 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Everyone has had their theories, but look at Zoom for example. Some say super salt, some say better than salt on their packaging. Some float, some sink, hint... laminates. Nobody has duplicated YM. Gary figured it out and hence the reason a true Senko or kinami flash is very different from any other and more expensive. they work better. Thanks Rocky for the truth.

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: senko9S] #13634286 07/17/20 06:30 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Everyone has had their theories, but look at Zoom for example. Some say super salt, some say better than salt on their packaging. Some float, some sink, hint... laminates. Nobody has duplicated YM. Gary figured it out and hence the reason a true Senko or kinami flash is very different from any other and more expensive. they work better. Thanks Rocky for the truth.

One thing is for sure - the material is more dense with salt impregnated or dissolved in the mixture. A heavily salted compound sinks faster than one without salt due to the density change. It's the same physics as why saltwater is heavier than freshwater, and therefore more buoyant. It would seem impossible for a salted compound to be expected to float; "floating worms" generally don't either - they just sink slower.

Last edited by Flippin-Out; 07/17/20 06:31 PM.
Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: senko9S] #13634288 07/17/20 06:31 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Is Chief still around?

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: senko9S] #13634526 07/17/20 08:58 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Is Chief still around?

PM replied, thank you Rocky

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: Rocky Robison] #13634777 07/18/20 01:34 AM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by Rocky Robison
Gary has some cattle left but not in a business sense, but he sold all his marketable Wagyu/Angus cattle around the same time he sold Sugoi to Gary Yamamoto Inc. and at this time Gary Yamamoto Inc. purchased and closed up my store and Donna's store down south, and Gary sold all the different properties around Alba he was raising the Wagyu/Angus on. The beef industry specifically high dollar cattle like the Wagyu/Angus and Kobe cattle market collapsed and it got him in a financial bind.
Gary Yamamoto Inc. is actually owned by Ken Sasaki, Beverly's dad. Gary owned the 2 stores Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Pro Shops until he had to sell most everything to Gary Yamamoto Inc. He still has BK Ranch.

It's funny the story says when they arrived in the U.S. I always thought Hawaii where Gary was born was part of the U.S. The story should have said when they moved to the continental U.S.

The first time I met Gary and Beverly, I was having dinner with Bob Sealy at the Minnow Bucket after the final day of the tournament 1994. Bob got up and left because he had to get back home that night, and Gary and Beverly was standing waiting on a table. I waved at Gary and he came over and I asked if they wanted to sit down and share my table and they did.
Gary told me that day he was building a ranch and a store in Mineola and told me where, I was kind of shocked he chose the location he did for the store. Kind of strange that I would wind up managing his store and taking care of all his fishing business a little more than 10 years after that for several years. Once I went to work at the store I realized he chose that location not for the purpose of customer traffic but more as a location for him to have a large tackle box close to his home.

And the Senko has crushed silica, crushed sea salt, peanut oil instead of a petroleum base, most color additives are of a natural source, plus they use the most expensive 3M plastisizer. This is the reason why they are more expensive than most plastics.

Thanks Rocky. Great to hear from you.

Re: SENKO QUESTIONS [Re: Ken A.] #13635285 07/18/20 06:11 PM
R
Rocky Robison Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Is Chief still around?

PM replied, thank you Rocky

You're welcome David and if you call that # for Chief George, tell him I said Hey!
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by Rocky Robison

Thanks Rocky. Great to hear from you.

Ken, we need to do another lunch sometime, maybe another little get together is in order soon! Still going to give you a shout when I can get away, so we can fish the Bell.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide