Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Beast From The East] #13259758 08/26/19 10:12 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Beast From The East
Why does MLF not go to lakes that have a lot of big fish? If they went to fork or falcon the number of viewers would go up substantially. I just don’t understand why they choose these dink holes.

They go where they get paid

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Smash-Tech Custom Baits] #13259844 08/26/19 12:05 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Smash-Tech Custom Baits
Originally Posted by RandyD
Today was an outstanding performance for the Elite boys... I started out on Thursday watching both.... lost interest in the MLF format soon after... Both formats are worthy... some people say the last hour or so of MLF is intense... well... today, the ENTIRE day, on the Elites was intense, it doesn't get any better,... and the other element that plays into this, ...on a tight finish, the Elite boys really don't know the outcome until the weigh in... MLF format culminating with a Win in the boat with the angler and the marshall..hmm, .almost like "whoopie"... where's the bar?! Like I said, there is a place for Both formats....

Same here. I lost interest completely when I looked at scoretracker and saw the huge lead Evers had and watched BASS Live. It was an awesome final day. I know that there are a ton of people who like the MLF format and that they are going after a different demographic and all but the thing I've learned this year with having the choice to watch both is I'm definitely not that demographic that they are seeking. I don't know if I'm just old fashioned, set in my ways, or what. They call MLF the "purest form of competitive fishing" but I just couldn't disagree more, at least what I think of when I think of a multi day tournament. The MLF style has taken so many factors out of tournament fishing that are to me a very integral part of the game. Zeroing weights at any time during a multi day tournament just doesn't seem right. I would much rather see the guy who put it together all 4 days win a tournament or be able to look back like Zaldain and I'm sure some others and see where one fish throughout the 4 days was the difference in a win or 3rd place. MLF style someone can squeek by the earlier rounds and start at zero and stumble into a mega school of 1-2lbers and run away with it regardless if they were near the cut line in earlier rounds. You also don't have near the ability to run away from the other competitors when they are weighing the best 5 in BASS, which made for a much more intense final day to me. If MLF would go to a best 5 I think they would be much more appealing to me. Some other things that MLF kind of takes away from the game that I've always enjoyed is the risk/reward factor. Guys aren't having to make big decisions like whether or not to make a 2 hour run and hope it pays off, fishing until the last minute giving themselves 5 minutes to make it the 5 miles to check in on time, whether or not to lock through on river systems, etc. All of those things are to me a huge part of big tournaments and much more exciting than giving them an area to stay in and a stopwatch. I'm sure I will be criticized by some that are huge fans of MLF and I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying the format isn't enjoyable for me as a spectator. I'm sure it's intense fishing in that format, but I'm wired differently and still think tournaments are for putting together the biggest bag of 5 you can. Do I think something had to change with entry fees, payouts etc to put BASS back in check and give the anglers some leverage? Most definitely. I'm just not sure they brought as many fans over from BASS as they thought they were going to.

They're not going after a different demo, it's simply that the format does appeal to a broader audience. I can tell you that hardcore bass junkies ARE watching the format and yes, even many who come on here and say they're not watching. The good news for everyone is there's something for everyone to watch!

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Beast From The East] #13259848 08/26/19 12:09 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Beast From The East
Why does MLF not go to lakes that have a lot of big fish? If they went to fork or falcon the number of viewers would go up substantially. I just don’t understand why they choose these dink holes.

They hit Harris Chain and Conroe this spring and there were plenty of big fish. To say the 2019 schedule was rushed is an understatement. They're under some serious constraints related to connectivity etc but I think the 2020 schedule will be much stronger and you'll see some more big bass locations in the mix.

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Mark Jones] #13259956 08/26/19 01:32 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
They went to Chic also correct?

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13259975 08/26/19 01:48 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
They went to Chic also correct?

Yes

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Barn] #13633904 07/17/20 01:53 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
The red crest is a joke. There were probably what? 7 people in attendance? And not to mention their thunderbolt ball? Come on. If they think winning this is anywhere comparable to the classic then they are crazy. Seems to me all this hype is forced. Winning the classic is a career changer.

At least the Redcrest is a Championship of the best bass fisherman in the world. Next years Classic will have an asterisk, as 95% of the field will be guys who would never be in the Elites if not for BPT. It’s the B team...

The Forest Wood Cup a couple of weeks ago was hard to watch. Barely getting 5 dink limits.

A lot of it has to do with the lake and time of year.

Maybe BPT goes to a 2#er for a scoreable bass? That might change up some strategy?

Did you see the MLF world championship? Wheeler was hammering 5#ers. Then others moved on top of him in his area once he was up about 40#s. He was by far the best angler. It would have sucked had it been a five fish limit. It works both ways. Second place would have been a lot closer than the competition really was.

I just wish they wouldn’t schedule on the same weekends so we can watch all of them.

Nice crystal ball

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Mark Jones] #13634117 07/17/20 04:34 PM
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
South Texas in July, Nada

Re: MLF Redcrest Live [Re: Mark Jones] #13634496 07/17/20 08:28 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
well they did go to the 2 lb mininium and they did go to lakes wit big fish. and their total weights reflected that.

and how about all of those big small mouths caught last week in Wisconsin

and except for Palanuk I believe those that aren't doing that good and could leave has nothing to to with 5 fish limits, but the fact that they need a week to figure out a body of water in order to catch that limit. He did a pretty good job but didn't win any of the stages.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide