texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Drewsky510, bwinters1973, RGF, Rev Ron, RecLendingBurn
114653 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 100,548
hopalong 94,305
Pilothawk 80,698
John175☮ 78,641
Bigbob_FTW 71,164
JDavis7873 67,401
Derek 🐝 66,085
Mark Perry 62,159
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,140,810
Posts15,585,050
Members139,653
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study #13628164 07/12/20 10:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,254
J
JIM SR. Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,254
https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20200706b

Interesting,...I hope that they keep us updated on the results... fish

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: JIM SR.] #13628190 07/12/20 10:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,310
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,310
Is this take #2 on the program?

Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: the skipper] #13628195 07/12/20 11:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,673
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,673
Originally Posted by the skipper
Is this take #2 on the program?

Report number two of the SAME program is more likely. cheers


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: JIM SR.] #13628316 07/13/20 12:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,790
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,790
be interesting if they record and determine what percentage were caught and released by tournament fishermen....and....encouraged tournament fishermen to release the fish along with the other tournament caught fish and tracked the fish to see if they made it back to where they were caught....
I'm going to suggest they do this by sending an e-mail to TPWD.....

Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: JIM SR.] #13628331 07/13/20 12:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 124
F
Fordntriton Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
F
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 124
Looking forward to seeing the results

Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: JIM SR.] #13628390 07/13/20 01:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,535
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,535
This was done back in the 70-80's with tagged fish on the TN. River and Ky. Lake. We caught several and the information received indicated that they traveled great distances to get back home.


Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic


Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: JIM SR.] #13628556 07/13/20 09:33 AM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 315
C
Cuervo Jones Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
C
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 315
Back in 1986, Doug Hannon described experiments with bass in ponds showing that even being caught once or twice can make a bass much harder to fool in the future. He suggested that fishing pressure definitely results in fish being more wary and the appearance of a “fished out” water body. Given the amount of technology and pressure on today’s fisheries, maybe it’s not surprising that fishing seems slow.


“Slide”
Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: Cuervo Jones] #13628599 07/13/20 11:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,283
Jimbo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18,283
Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Back in 1986, Doug Hannon described experiments with bass in ponds showing that even being caught once or twice can make a bass much harder to fool in the future. He suggested that fishing pressure definitely results in fish being more wary and the appearance of a “fished out” water body. Given the amount of technology and pressure on today’s fisheries, maybe it’s not surprising that fishing seems slow.


He was on to something alright!
With all the technology there is now, you would think the lakes would be fished out already.


Just one more cast!

[Linked Image]
Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: Donald Harper] #13628782 07/13/20 01:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,790
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,790
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
This was done back in the 70-80's with tagged fish on the TN. River and Ky. Lake. We caught several and the information received indicated that they traveled great distances to get back home.


been several studies done and results (that I'm aware of)showed that some of the fish return to where they were caught and some don't...I'd like to know what percentage return to the area they were caught in....I would be inclined to think it probably depends on the area of the lake the fish were released and probably every lake is different...

Re: TPWD Launches Innovative Bass Tracking Study [Re: beartrap] #13628829 07/13/20 02:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,561
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,561
Originally Posted by beartrap
be interesting if they record and determine what percentage were caught and released by tournament fishermen....and....encouraged tournament fishermen to release the fish along with the other tournament caught fish and tracked the fish to see if they made it back to where they were caught....
I'm going to suggest they do this by sending an e-mail to TPWD.....



A college in iowa has been tagging every tourney caught bass for 4-5 years.

they return back

the study is on a smaller lake and fish caught at the north end are usually caught in the north end many times. they are all released at the very southern end.

the study info isnt public I went up there and talked to the students doing the study and asked a million questions they said they havent ever been asked, the bass fisherman there seem to be against the study.... that lake has monday wed tourneys and most saturday also.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3