Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: hopalong] #13626691 07/11/20 08:58 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by hopalong
how many were arrested for criminal trespass?

Excellent point! hmmm

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: hopalong] #13626710 07/11/20 10:06 AM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg

None is my guess

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Canino] #13626745 07/11/20 11:54 AM
T
Ted Dyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Canino
They had every right to defend themselves and their property. They also obviously had zero clue about handling firearms. They covered each other several times within just a couple of minutes. Their lack of education and lack of training showed they are not exactly responsible gun owners.

They wouldn't be in this situation if they had used more defensive tactics - that is, kept their weapons in a ready position and stayed put close to the front door, or maybe at the house corners, while issuing short, loud commands for the criminals to leave the property. They should not have engaged unless there was an imminent and specific threat.

Instead they were wandering around out in the yard and yelling arguments back-and-fourth at the crowd while waving their firearms around.

I'm sure they'll be able to articulate in court that they believed they were in danger, and I'm about 95% sure they'll be found not guilty. And they should be found not guilty. But I also believe they brought this on themselves because they did not handle the situation correctly at all.

thumb

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Canino] #13626838 07/11/20 02:03 PM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
They had every right to defend themselves and their property. They also obviously had zero clue about handling firearms. They covered each other several times within just a couple of minutes. Their lack of education and lack of training showed they are not exactly responsible gun owners.

They wouldn't be in this situation if they had used more defensive tactics - that is, kept their weapons in a ready position and stayed put close to the front door, or maybe at the house corners, while issuing short, loud commands for the criminals to leave the property. They should not have engaged unless there was an imminent and specific threat.

Instead they were wandering around out in the yard and yelling arguments back-and-fourth at the crowd while waving their firearms around.

I'm sure they'll be able to articulate in court that they believed they were in danger, and I'm about 95% sure they'll be found not guilty. And they should be found not guilty. But I also believe they brought this on themselves because they did not handle the situation correctly at all.

I agree with this. Especially, the lady was mishandling the pistol. Several times she swept it behind her husbands head. She should have kept the pistol downward like he did with the rifle. I too think they’ll be able to prove their right to protect, but this may not have gone this far had they shown better weapon handling.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: hopalong] #13626937 07/11/20 03:41 PM
2014NITROZ-7 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Come on Hop,you know they were just a mob of peaceful protesters. Seriously, when was the last time peaceful means breaking down a gate to private property? I wonder how this would go over if were to occur to Peeeelousi's neighborhood.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Kicker16] #13626940 07/11/20 03:43 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Well, I understand they are actually liberals. They must be somewhat confused liberals given that they apparently concluded that having firearms for personal protection was a good idea. With little firearms knowledge, you get what you get. I admit they didn't have the look of experienced firearms handlers, and that doesn't do our cause any good. He's an attorney; you'd think he would have at least read the code on it.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Tallgrass05] #13626943 07/11/20 03:49 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
They were not protecting anything, and she pointed her pistol at people with her finger on the trigger. And he should be charged with wearing a pink polo shirt.

You are obviously very delusional. They tore down the iron gate to the neighborhood, said they were going to kill their dogs, them and burn their house down. So yeah, they weren't protecting anything.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Kicker16] #13626973 07/11/20 04:24 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
If they'd had green laser sights on their weapons they could of made the protesters dance.

[Linked Image]

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Kicker16] #13627012 07/11/20 05:11 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Essss Esssss Essss
EEE EEEE EEEEE
Effff Effff Effff
EEE EEEE EEEEE
Teetee Teetee Teee
why why why why

Safety Dance!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13627066 07/11/20 06:40 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman

I agree with this. Especially, the lady was mishandling the pistol. Several times she swept it behind her husbands head. She should have kept the pistol downward like he did with the rifle. I too think they’ll be able to prove their right to protect, but this may not have gone this far had they shown better weapon handling.

If you break down the gate to my house. You better be ready to meet your maker. I'm not a trained marksman or fighter. Just an average joe with gun that goes BOOM. You're a bunch of idiots if you think the home owners were at fault.

Last edited by BassFever; 07/11/20 06:40 PM.
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: BassFever] #13627071 07/11/20 06:51 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by BassFever

If you break down the gate to my house. You better be ready to meet your maker. I'm not a trained marksman or fighter. Just an average joe with gun that goes BOOM. You're a bunch of idiots if you think the home owners were at fault.

I don't think they're at fault for the incident, and you'll note I called the crowd "criminals". But their lack of training and education about firearms caused them to take certain actions that led to charges against them.

They could have taken very similar but less overtly aggressive actions, been in a better position to defend themselves, and had no charges.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Canino] #13627076 07/11/20 06:55 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by BassFever

That's not what I was saying.

I don't think they're at fault for the incident, and you'll note I called the crowd "criminals". But their lack of training and education about firearms caused them to take certain actions that led to charges against them.

They could have taken very similar but less overtly aggressive actions, been in a better position to defend themselves, and had no charges.

People broke into THEIR property. They DON'T have to do anything but protect themselves. They are not trained police officers. Just home owners trying to protect their property.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Kicker16] #13627080 07/11/20 07:00 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I would have just waited inside and shot them dead if they came in actually.....in Texas....don't know Missouri law and that it was a search warrant rather than arrest warrant is odd....I don't care enough to go look.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: St. Louis couple [Re: Flippin-Out] #13627086 07/11/20 07:02 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Well, I understand they are actually liberals. They must be somewhat confused liberals given that they apparently concluded that having firearms for personal protection was a good idea. With little firearms knowledge, you get what you get. I admit they didn't have the look of experienced firearms handlers, and that doesn't do our cause any good. He's an attorney; you'd think he would have at least read the code on it.

they are both attys specializing in civil rights cases is what I heard reported.

go figure.

Re: St. Louis couple [Re: txmasterpo] #13627089 07/11/20 07:05 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I would have just waited inside and shot them dead if they came in actually.....in Texas....don't know Missouri law and that it was a search warrant rather than arrest warrant is odd....I don't care enough to go look.

And they said something about burning their house down. Would you just wait inside for that?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide