texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,905
Posts13,955,064
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13622028 07/07/20 01:42 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I got my tank at Matheson. They have shops all over Texas. The exchange was $19 once it was time to get another. I'm not sure they will exchange a tank that's not theirs though. I ordered my components from keep alive. Everything was about $225.

Keep alive told me I needed to go through a "local distributor". Maybe I need to try them again. Before contacting them I tried to purchase the regulator listed in the TPWD slide show but it is out of stock. I guess all those were made in china as well. Thanks for the replies guys.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622061 07/07/20 02:10 PM
C
ChampionDon (SkeeterDon) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Fished Richland Chambers sept 2019 with water temps in the upper 80's to lower 90's.

Added water in the am and once I caught my first fish I turned on the 02, using a pediatric regulator on low setting

Added sure life first thing in the AM.

Once live wells were full plugged the overflow and never added any more water the rest of the day

Added a 3 liter frozen bottle every 2 hrs.(Total of 3)

Checked the water temp every 1 with a thermal gun.

During the day the water temp had dropped 10 degrees, by just adding the water bottles and recirculating the water int he well.

At weigh in the fish where jumping 2 ft in the air while in the basket....it was like they were on crack....They said that none of the fish that were weighed in acted like mine.

Proof is in the results.

2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
Central Texas Realtor, Helping People Buy/Sell Their Home, Give Me A Call.
2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS
www.powertackle.com
www.swaggertackle.com
www.hogfarmberbaits.com
www.honestac.com
www.whortonins.com
Donnie C. O'Neal - 512-431-5977

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622063 07/07/20 02:13 PM
C
ChampionDon (SkeeterDon) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
I posted this on BBC, last year

I bought a tank from Air Gas with O2 for 155.79, swap out tank in the future $18 with Air (each tank should last 10-12 8 hr days at least this size)
Keepalive KA970-02 Diffuser for Pure Oxygen Systems - 53.03
Keepalive KA946 15'Hose - 8.27
NEW Pediatric Oxygen Tank Regulator 0-4 LPM CGA 540 Post Diss / Barb Outlet NIB- 19.88
YYST Battery Box Hold-Down Strap Tie Down Strap Heavy Duty Battery Box Tie Down Strap Kit Anti-UV Strap w/Stainless Steel Cam Buckle, Stainless Steel Eye Strap Mounts, SS Screws -2/PK - 19.99

Thus for the total is 256.96

There will be some additional nominal costs, but the total cost should be under $300.

The thing is you will not need to use this all the time only when the water is above 80 deg.

So during the winter months, I will not need keep the bottle in the boat.

Drill a hole in the top of the livewell to run the hose thru. Use grommets with the hole thru and it will work like a charm. Will be virtually leak free and not adhesives necessary or caulk stuff for the hole.

Most air places will not refill aluminum tanks and if they do you will have to drop it off to get your tank refill, this one I just swap and go.

Last edited by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon); 07/07/20 02:14 PM.

2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
Central Texas Realtor, Helping People Buy/Sell Their Home, Give Me A Call.
2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS
www.powertackle.com
www.swaggertackle.com
www.hogfarmberbaits.com
www.honestac.com
www.whortonins.com
Donnie C. O'Neal - 512-431-5977

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Allison1] #13622096 07/07/20 02:39 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by senko9S
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
You could always just get the VT-2 livewell vents and get the same results for a lot less! Don’t believe The oxygen hype. It’s false.

False, curious if you ever had experience testing dissolved O2... please answer.

Originally Posted by Allison1
You could always just get the VT-2 livewell vents and get the same results for a lot less! Don’t believe The oxygen hype. It’s false.

There is always a comedian.

Why would I need to? I installed VT-2 vents and haven't lost a fish since. Even in dead of summer 100 degree heat the fish literally are jumping out of the live well at weigh in. Please explain why I need a dissolved oxygen system again? Or anything else? Don't even need Sure Life anymore. Literally spend $45 and be done with it, but hey, you guys keep doubting and touting oxygen roflmao you're not making me lose any sleep. I just keep on weighing crazy healthy fish. Enjoy your day men. I'm just happy people are talking fish care and how to keep fish alive. Cheers to all of us cheers

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13622102 07/07/20 02:46 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)
I posted this on BBC, last year

I bought a tank from Air Gas with O2 for 155.79, swap out tank in the future $18 with Air (each tank should last 10-12 8 hr days at least this size)
Keepalive KA970-02 Diffuser for Pure Oxygen Systems - 53.03
Keepalive KA946 15'Hose - 8.27
NEW Pediatric Oxygen Tank Regulator 0-4 LPM CGA 540 Post Diss / Barb Outlet NIB- 19.88
YYST Battery Box Hold-Down Strap Tie Down Strap Heavy Duty Battery Box Tie Down Strap Kit Anti-UV Strap w/Stainless Steel Cam Buckle, Stainless Steel Eye Strap Mounts, SS Screws -2/PK - 19.99

Thus for the total is 256.96

There will be some additional nominal costs, but the total cost should be under $300.

The thing is you will not need to use this all the time only when the water is above 80 deg.

So during the winter months, I will not need keep the bottle in the boat.

Drill a hole in the top of the livewell to run the hose thru. Use grommets with the hole thru and it will work like a charm. Will be virtually leak free and not adhesives necessary or caulk stuff for the hole.

Most air places will not refill aluminum tanks and if they do you will have to drop it off to get your tank refill, this one I just swap and go.

Great info. Thanks for this!

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622287 07/07/20 04:55 PM
Fishinfellow Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Frank must have been an early investor into VT-2 vent manufacturer or something because I have never in my life seen someone so vocal about a product who isn't sponsored by or invested in them!

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Fishinfellow] #13622301 07/07/20 05:04 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Frank must have been an early investor into VT-2 vent manufacturer or something because I have never in my life seen someone so vocal about a product who isn't sponsored by or invested in them!

If they worked so great why doesn't tpw transport all there fish in large tanks with only v2 vents on top....

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Frank the Tank] #13622313 07/07/20 05:10 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A

False, curious if you ever had experience testing dissolved O2... please answer.

Why would I need to? I installed VT-2 vents and haven't lost a fish since. Even in dead of summer 100 degree heat the fish literally are jumping out of the live well at weigh in. Please explain why I need a dissolved oxygen system again? Or anything else? Don't even need Sure Life anymore. Literally spend $45 and be done with it, but hey, you guys keep doubting and touting oxygen roflmao you're not making me lose any sleep. I just keep on weighing crazy healthy fish. Enjoy your day men. I'm just happy people are talking fish care and how to keep fish alive. Cheers to all of us cheers

I can't believe I'm going to say...I agree with Frank the Tank on this one.

I have had 2 boats with the VT-2 vents. First boat was proof enough for me to ALWAYS have them on future boats. I used to monitor the water temps religiously like many of you and would see the fish struggling later in the day, this was before the vents. Once I added the vents I found the following:

1) Fish were way more active no matter the water temps
2) Fish never appeared stressed or on the verge of dying
3) No more of that instant stale heated air blasting me in the face each time I opened the lids
4) No more fish slime foam on the top of the water
5) Weigh-ins were a pain as my fish were the most pissed off than anyone else
6) Price vs. benefit won me over
7) I could always here my pumps kicking on...if they didn't I knew I had an issue instantly. (Happened more than once with a dead battery)

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: avid_basser] #13622328 07/07/20 05:22 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by avid_basser

I can't believe I'm going to say...I agree with Frank the Tank on this one.

I have had 2 boats with the VT-2 vents. First boat was proof enough for me to ALWAYS have them on future boats. I used to monitor the water temps religiously like many of you and would see the fish struggling later in the day, this was before the vents. Once I added the vents I found the following:

1) Fish were way more active no matter the water temps
2) Fish never appeared stressed or on the verge of dying
3) No more of that instant stale heated air blasting me in the face each time I opened the lids
4) No more fish slime foam on the top of the water
5) Weigh-ins were a pain as my fish were the most pissed off than anyone else
6) Price vs. benefit won me over
7) I could always here my pumps kicking on...if they didn't I knew I had an issue instantly. (Happened more than once with a dead battery)

cheers enjoy only spending $45 to solve all the problems bud

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622339 07/07/20 05:35 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
frank comes from the off topic sec, i doubt he's ever fished a tournament. i betting hes just trolling the bass section to bait yall into this. the off topic people bash the bass section all the time.

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: senko9S] #13622350 07/07/20 05:45 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
frank comes from the off topic sec, i doubt he's ever fished a tournament. i betting hes just trolling the bass section to bait yall into this. the off topic people bash the bass section all the time.

And you post there all the time sir ….. please explain
roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622354 07/07/20 05:48 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Guys, be skeptical, I couldn’t care less. Makes no difference to me. I’m simply trying to help. And for senkos information I’ve fished about 7-8 tournaments this year. Once again, Senko “the god of fish care” runs his mouth and sticks his foot squarely in his mouth. I ignore you and your snide comments now sir. I know what works because I’ve seen it with my own eyes and that’s all the evidence I need. Enjoy your day all of you and my best to all of you. cheers

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622474 07/07/20 07:10 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
I'm a believer in the VT-2 vents. Frank and I fish little workingmans tournament every weekend. We always fish it in my boat and the first 2 we fished this year had 1 dead and 2 dead in those tourneys. He convinced me to put them in and the last two toruneys we were the only team that didn't weigh in dead fish and they were pretty lively and swam away very healthy. Some guys fish died there at the ramp releasing them. I'm only going to go off my experience. Besides, I dont fish big time tourneys and spending that much just doesn't make sense to me for what I do.

Team Wolfs
Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13622542 07/07/20 07:46 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Sometimes I wonder if its the size of the livewells that the problem. Reason I say this is the live well in my bay boat is 40 gallons. On tournament days I keep the fill pump going so fresh water is constantly being circulated in and I've never lost a fish. Just saying...

Re: Anyone Sell Complete Pure Oxygen System for Livewell? [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13622549 07/07/20 07:48 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
I'm a believer in the VT-2 vents. Frank and I fish little workingmans tournament every weekend. We always fish it in my boat and the first 2 we fished this year had 1 dead and 2 dead in those tourneys. He convinced me to put them in and the last two toruneys we were the only team that didn't weigh in dead fish and they were pretty lively and swam away very healthy. Some guys fish died there at the ramp releasing them. I'm only going to go off my experience. Besides, I dont fish big time tourneys and spending that much just doesn't make sense to me for what I do.

Please stop using your real life experiences to make decisions sir. We need a study or a blessing from certain people before something actually works sir. Real life is not real.

Jesus loves all of us
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide