Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Jpurdue] #13620752 07/06/20 02:32 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Very different from an actual medical doctor, not to take away anything from the fine dental work I’m sure he does.

roflmao

This thread got really entertaining while I was away!

There's really not much difference comparing a Doctor of Dental Surgery to a Medical Doctor other than our brains are much, much smaller. Speaking of.... That's actually how many of us were accepted into dental school without even applying. If you get rejected from medial school it's an automatic enrollment into dental. Once the dental schools fill up with the medical rejects it defaults down to chiropractics.

Thanks for kind words about my fillings Josh! wink woot

[Linked Image]
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620766 07/06/20 02:40 PM
J
JAlfred Offline
Angler
Angler
J
The Dunning-Kruger effect confirmed many times over in this thread.

Last edited by JAlfred; 07/06/20 02:40 PM.
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13620810 07/06/20 03:11 PM
R
R.J.E. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
I don't get why some people are so against mask wearing to get ahead of the virus and get some of the economy back going. I know the whole mask deal isn't perfect, but it's the best we have at this point to try to slow down the spread (when combined with Monk (tv show) style "wipe, wipe, wipe" behavior).

For a person to protect themselves with a mask when others refuse, they either have to stay home or do like some health care professionals are doing. Wear an N95 mask against the face to prevent most things from getting in, wear a surgical mask on top of the N94 to prevent things from getting out, and wear a face shield to stop some of the stuff from getting to the eyes and so forth.

Like I said, it's not perfect, but if all parties wear a mask, the risk is greatly lowered. It really is that simple.
[Linked Image]

Side note. Part time neighbor got back from his winter home in Arizona. He started to step onto our property without a mask. That chit isn't happening. He did stop when I
told him it was wear a mask or not come over. I ain't getting this junk if I can prevent it. Would like to live a few more years, even if it means having to wear a mask when out.
Well said, I think if everyone took this seriously and wore a mask from the start we wouldn't be in the position we are today, I'm sure the rest of the world is laughing at us.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620838 07/06/20 03:27 PM
C
Catch25 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Exactly

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: R.J.E.] #13620843 07/06/20 03:31 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by R.J.E.
I don't get why some people are so against mask wearing to get ahead of the virus and get some of the economy back going. I know the whole mask deal isn't perfect, but it's the best we have at this point to try to slow down the spread (when combined with Monk (tv show) style "wipe, wipe, wipe" behavior).

For a person to protect themselves with a mask when others refuse, they either have to stay home or do like some health care professionals are doing. Wear an N95 mask against the face to prevent most things from getting in, wear a surgical mask on top of the N94 to prevent things from getting out, and wear a face shield to stop some of the stuff from getting to the eyes and so forth.

Like I said, it's not perfect, but if all parties wear a mask, the risk is greatly lowered. It really is that simple.
[Linked Image]

Side note. Part time neighbor got back from his winter home in Arizona. He started to step onto our property without a mask. That chit isn't happening. He did stop when I
told him it was wear a mask or not come over. I ain't getting this junk if I can prevent it. Would like to live a few more years, even if it means having to wear a mask when out.
Well said, I think if everyone took this seriously and wore a mask from the start we wouldn't be in the position we are today, I'm sure the rest of the world is laughing at us.

Has anyone wondered why you can't swab the inside of your cheek to take the Covid-19 test or better yet, cough on the stick? If what you post here is true, and it looks really legitimate with all of the fancy graphics and citation references, shouldn't a mouth swab or a cough be enough?

Thoughts?

J

P.S. What was the distance of the blue arrow on the transmission probability? roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13620851 07/06/20 03:36 PM
RATZ Offline
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
This oughta keep people far away from me.

[Linked Image]

roflmao

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: JacksonBean] #13620863 07/06/20 03:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Very different from an actual medical doctor, not to take away anything from the fine dental work I’m sure he does.

roflmao

There's really not much difference comparing a Doctor of Dental Surgery to a Medical Doctor other than our brains are much, much smaller. Speaking of.... That's actually how many of us were accepted into dental school without even applying. If you get rejected from medial school it's an automatic enrollment into dental. Once the dental schools fill up with the medical rejects it defaults down to chiropractics.

You may want to have jpurdue review your diagnoses just to make sure you are doing things right. He stays at holiday inn every night I'm sure.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: JacksonBean] #13620867 07/06/20 03:43 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by R.J.E.

[Linked Image]

Has anyone wondered why you can't swab the inside of your cheek to take the Covid-19 test or better yet, cough on the stick? If what you post here is true, and it looks really legitimate with all of the fancy graphics and citation references, shouldn't a mouth swab or a cough be enough?

Thoughts?

J

P.S. What was the distance of the blue arrow on the transmission probability? roflmao

Thank you Dr Bean for at least trying to make the mask shamers think, although most I know won’t.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: WAWI] #13620870 07/06/20 03:45 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by WAWI

roflmao

You may want to have jpurdue review your diagnoses just to make sure you are doing things right. He stays at holiday inn every night I'm sure.

WAWI just attempting to stir the pot. I've agreed with Jackson on most COVID related things since day one. Which is very different than WAWI, as we've agreed on nothing. Jackson is certainly entitled to his opinion. I strongly suspect he's wrong based on what I see most doctors saying and the studies I've read, but I will say I put vastly more weight on what Jackson says than many other other anti-maskers on here. Hopefully time will tell, although I'm stunned time hasn't told already.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: steveiam] #13620883 07/06/20 03:49 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by steveiam

Thank you Dr Bean for at least trying to make the mask shamers think, although most I know won’t.

I hate to think they wear their masks and go about their business then wonder how they gave it to Aunt Sophie who dies from their ignorance.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620916 07/06/20 04:08 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
[Linked Image]

The disclaimer on the box speaks volumes about this lol.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620930 07/06/20 04:15 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
LOL!

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: WAWI] #13620968 07/06/20 04:38 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

Doesn't say it will prevent the wearer from spreading the virus, which is the point of wearing masks in the first place.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13621297 07/06/20 08:42 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I’m a lip reader, and this mask thing makes things less clear-
I just have to ask people to repeat things more-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: WAWI] #13621303 07/06/20 08:47 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
[Linked Image]

BINGO !!..

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide