Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Jpurdue] #13620291 07/06/20 01:47 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
No, but my opinions all come from actual medical doctors. Hence the fact I shared a video from a popular well respected medical doctor. I was arguing with a dentist the other day. Very different from an actual medical doctor, not to take away anything from the fine dental work I’m sure he does.

Sharing an opinion from a physician does not make you medically trained though. That dentist probably spent longer learning about anatomy, pathophysiology, and body systems than you did for your degree. Crazy how easily you dismiss him as not being a "real" doctor.

Read what you typed slowly to yourself. Do you really think your "shared" opinions make you as knowledgeable as someone in the healthcare field? You can't be serious.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620293 07/06/20 01:49 AM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Let’s not get carried away about how smart dentists are. I’m sure they pull the correct teeth 60-70% of the time, at best.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Mark Perry] #13620295 07/06/20 01:50 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
No, but my opinions all come from actual medical doctors. Hence the fact I shared a video from a popular well respected medical doctor. I was arguing with a dentist the other day. Very different from an actual medical doctor, not to take away anything from the fine dental work I’m sure he does.

Sharing an opinion from a physician does not make you medically trained though. That dentist probably spent longer learning about anatomy, pathophysiology, and body systems than you did for your degree. Crazy how easily you dismiss him as not being a "real" doctor.

Read what you typed slowly to yourself. Do you really think your "shared" opinions make you as knowledgeable as someone in the healthcare field? You can't be serious.

He will write a medical book next roflmao

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Tallgrass05] #13620296 07/06/20 01:50 AM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Don't be an anti-dentite.

roflmao roflmao

Hey pull my finger 👉🏻💨
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Davedave] #13620299 07/06/20 01:51 AM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Davedave
Let’s not get carried away about how smart dentists are. I’m sure they pull the correct teeth 60-70% of the time, at best.

Still a better accuracy rate than Fauci...... roflmao

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Mark Perry] #13620306 07/06/20 01:59 AM
T
TxBassSniper Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T

Good ones and bad ones, just like every other profession.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: TxBassSniper] #13620310 07/06/20 02:00 AM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by John Peebles

I would be willing to bet that even a bad one has far more medical knowledge than any layman though.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620314 07/06/20 02:03 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I'm sure he is a wonderful dentist, so much so that when I break my 29 year and counting boycott of dentists I'll drive out and see him.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Catch25] #13620319 07/06/20 02:06 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
I'm going to buy a drone so I can help people like this.

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Mark Perry] #13620321 07/06/20 02:10 AM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

You go back and re-read what I said very carefully Mark. I said he's not a medical doctor. I never said he wasn't a doctor. Clearly Dentists are doctors, doctors of dentistry. Hence the fact their initials are usually DDS or DDM. Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine. A medical doctor on the other hand has the initials MD. Medical doctor. A dentist is only qualified to prescribe medication for dental related issues. An MD on the other hand can prescribe medications for a whole bevy of health issues, including respiratory diseases like COVID-19. But you knew that.

I'm not suggesting I'm smarter than Jackson. I'm not suggest I'm more educated than Jackson. I'm sure he's got me beat in both categories. What I am suggesting is that if you are looking for medical advice on respiratory diseases, you would be wise to get it from actual medical doctors. Like the one in the link I shared.

Here's how I operate: When I want to learn about something, I read. I probably read 4-6 hours every single day. I try and find the best and most reputable sources to learn as much as a can about a wide variety of topics. I enjoy the learning process. I regurgitate a bunch of what I've learned from reading on this forum. Sometimes I get it wrong, or my thinking evolves. As you'll all well know I very often try to share my sources, just like I did in my earlier post. But yes, to be clear, unless it's related to statistics or industrial engineering, all you are getting is my opinion.

Also as a final point here, I think what Jackson is mostly arguing is that thin crappy cloth masks don't work very well if at all. I'd probably give him that. We should all probably be wearing surgical masks or better if our situation allows.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Mark Perry] #13620323 07/06/20 02:11 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by John Peebles

I would be willing to bet that even a bad one has far more medical knowledge than any layman though.

Don’t count on it. A dentist is just above a barber in the healthcare pecking order.

An oral surgeon, OTH, has a little seat time.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Jpurdue] #13620325 07/06/20 02:14 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

You go back and re-read what I said very carefully Mark. I said he's not a medical doctor. I never said he wasn't a doctor. Clearly Dentists are doctors, doctors of dentistry. Hence the fact their initials are usually DDS or DDM. Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine. A medical doctor on the other hand has the initials MD. Medical doctor. A dentist is only qualified to prescribe medication for dental related issues. An MD on the other hand can prescribe medications for a whole bevy of health issues, including repository diseases like COVID-19. But you knew that.

I'm not suggesting I'm smarter than Jackson. I'm not suggest I'm more educated than Jackson. I'm sure he's got me beat in both categories. What I am suggesting is that if you are looking for medical advice on respiratory diseases, you would be wise to get it from actual medical doctors. Like the one in the link I shared.

Here's how I operate: When I want to learn about something, I read. I probably read 4-6 hours every single day. I try and find the best and most reputable sources to learn as much as a can about a wide variety of topics. I enjoy the learning process. I regurgitate a bunch of what I've learned from reading on this forum. Sometimes I get it wrong, or my thinking evolves. As you'll all well know I very often try to share my sources, just like I did in my early post. But yes, to be clear, unless it's related to statistics or industrial engineering, all you are getting is my opinion.

Also as I final point here, I think what Jackson is mostly arguing is that thin crappy cloth masks don't work very well if at all. I'd probably give him that. We should all probably be wearing surgical masks or better if our situation allows.

Does TFF count as quality reading?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Just wear the mask [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13620330 07/06/20 02:20 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
[quote=SteezMacQueen
Don’t count on it. A dentist is just above a barber in the healthcare pecking order.

[/quote]

What about a chiropractor?

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13620331 07/06/20 02:20 AM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

You go back and re-read what I said very carefully Mark. I said he's not a medical doctor. I never said he wasn't a doctor. Clearly Dentists are doctors, doctors of dentistry. Hence the fact their initials are usually DDS or DDM. Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine. A medical doctor on the other hand has the initials MD. Medical doctor. A dentist is only qualified to prescribe medication for dental related issues. An MD on the other hand can prescribe medications for a whole bevy of health issues, including repository diseases like COVID-19. But you knew that.

Here's how I operate: When I want to learn about something, I read. I probably read 4-6 hours every single day. I try and find the best and most reputable sources to learn as much as a can about a wide variety of topics. I enjoy the learning process. I regurgitate a bunch of what I've learned from reading on this forum. Sometimes I get it wrong, or my thinking evolves. As you'll all well know I very often try to share my sources, just like I did in my early post. But yes, to be clear, unless it's related to statistics or industrial engineering, all you are getting is my opinion.

Also as I final point here, I think what Jackson is mostly arguing is that thin crappy cloth masks don't work very well if at all. I'd probably give him that. We should all probably be wearing surgical masks or better if our situation allows.

Does TFF count as quality reading?

Very rarely in the OT. Good stone to sharpen your arguments on though. Rough crowd, but mostly good folks. cheers

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Just wear the mask [Re: Gusick] #13620332 07/06/20 02:21 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Gusick
[quote=SteezMacQueen

What about a chiropractor? [/quote]

I prefer a good massage parlor

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide