Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Positive vs confirmed #13619505 07/05/20 01:33 PM
603Country Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I live in central Texas. Limestone County. When the Governor decreed that in all counties that had 20 or more cases of the virus, you had to wear a mask in public, I finally got a mask. On the way to the grocery store, I stopped off at the gun shop to pick something up. I put the mask on and went inside. The place was packed and nobody had on a mask. They looked at me like I was from Mars, so I took the mask off. There was a cop there, so I said that I thought we had to wear a mask. He said that we didn’t have the 20 cases of CV. I had just read that we had 56 cases, but he said the 56 were ‘positive’ tests, but we only had 17 ‘confirmed’ cases. Very interesting. I had thought positive cases were actual cases, but no...

Obviously, the more testing done, the more positive cases will be found. The way that info is put out in the media is unnecessarily alarmist. Which, I suppose, is their objective.

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619513 07/05/20 01:47 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
L
603, They are considering “confirmed cases “ to be “active cases”. Many of your 56 cases recovered and therefore fall off the active list.

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619514 07/05/20 01:47 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Make no mistake, the media will whip this issue into the biggest frenzy they can. It’s their life blood right now, along with racism.

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: TexDawg] #13619516 07/05/20 01:52 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Make no mistake, the media will whip this issue into the biggest frenzy they can. It’s their life blood right now, along with racism.

Reporting the numbers of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths is whipping the issue into a frenzy? Reporting that Mexico closed part of their border and the EU closed their borders to people from the USA is whipping the issue into a frenzy? Reporting how to slow the spread or states that impose a quarantine whips things up? Please explain how that creates a frenzy.

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619517 07/05/20 01:52 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
According to the state of Texas, there are 45 exempt counties in the state.
Limestone isn't one of them.

https://tdem.texas.gov/ga29/

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: Tallgrass05] #13619535 07/05/20 02:18 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

Reporting the numbers of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths is whipping the issue into a frenzy? Reporting that Mexico closed part of their border and the EU closed their borders to people from the USA is whipping the issue into a frenzy? Reporting how to slow the spread or states that impose a quarantine whips things up? Please explain how that creates a frenzy.

When Trump closed the border and airline travel from other countries was called every racist name in the book by the libs. Now why don’t Mexico close all the damn border instead of part of it?

Last edited by 21xs Elite; 07/05/20 02:19 PM.
Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13619574 07/05/20 03:00 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

When Trump closed the border and airline travel from other countries was called every racist name in the book by the libs. Now why don’t Mexico close all the damn border instead of part of it?

The virus was already in the USA when Trump banned flights from China, and a number of Americans returning from China and neighboring countries likely also brought in the virus. You'll have to ask Mexico why they have not closed the whole border.

Why is reporting facts a "media frenzy"?

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13619575 07/05/20 03:01 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Well said!!!!!

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: Tallgrass05] #13619587 07/05/20 03:10 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

The virus was already in the USA when Trump banned flights from China, and a number of Americans returning from China and neighboring countries likely also brought in the virus. You'll have to ask
Mexico why they have not closed the whole border.

Right, so lets all thank the root cause for all of this misery and destruction..........CHINA. Thank you once again china for perpetrating this plague upon the world, you loathesome, despicable morons.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619592 07/05/20 03:16 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: Tallgrass05] #13619627 07/05/20 03:46 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg

The virus was already in the USA when Trump banned flights from China, and a number of Americans returning from China and neighboring countries likely also brought in the virus. You'll have to ask Mexico why they have not closed the whole border.

Why is reporting facts a "media frenzy"?

Oh, ok, so you are watching fox now and they are reporting the facts? I will have to check that out

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619632 07/05/20 03:49 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
And aren’t you the guy that believes that mass gatherings of protesters does not spread the virus? I mean you posted an article stating that, from the media. Maybe you are overly gullible

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619641 07/05/20 03:56 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by 603Country
I live in central Texas. Limestone County. When the Governor decreed that in all counties that had 20 or more cases of the virus, you had to wear a mask in public, I finally got a mask. On the way to the grocery store, I stopped off at the gun shop to pick something up. I put the mask on and went inside. The place was packed and nobody had on a mask. They looked at me like I was from Mars, so I took the mask off. There was a cop there, so I said that I thought we had to wear a mask. He said that we didn’t have the 20 cases of CV. I had just read that we had 56 cases, but he said the 56 were ‘positive’ tests, but we only had 17 ‘confirmed’ cases. Very interesting. I had thought positive cases were actual cases, but no...

Obviously, the more testing done, the more positive cases will be found. The way that info is put out in the media is unnecessarily alarmist. Which, I suppose, is their objective.

Y'all have 23 active cases in Limestone County...y'all should be under the mask mandate.

There is a different between positive and active...and but they are supposed to only count confirmed active cases, not presumed positive (which means you have the symptoms, but have not had a positive test).

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: TexDawg] #13619642 07/05/20 03:57 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
And aren’t you the guy that believes that mass gatherings of protesters does not spread the virus? I mean you posted an article stating that, from the media. Maybe you are overly gullible

I said there is no data supporting the statements that the BLM protests are causing the spikes in cases. I also provided links to support my statement. Many of the protestors wear masks. Much of the rise in cases is from people not wearing masks and gathering in large numbers for social events like parties, church services, or Trump rallies. Check out the number of mask wearers in photos of BLM protests vs Trump events.

Re: Positive vs confirmed [Re: 603Country] #13619643 07/05/20 03:58 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Any potential case is considered positive, until it’s proven to be negative. Bunch of BS, guilty until proven innocent...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide